z

Young Writers Society

Hay guys!

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:24 am
Sponson Light says...

Hey guys, I'm doing a small project for me right now. But doesn't mean I can't share!

I've always wanted to animate, but I never had the patience. So its good practice for both animating and patience when I animate! I hope that made sense.

But FORST, a character to work with. Click it!

An awkward walk animation thats really awkward, Its my first one, but thats not an excuse.

Don't mind the background, its... yeah, its fine when its not a .gif.
It has sound, but I need a more girlish voice, but you obviously can't hear it in this .gif format.

I was thinking of a buddy - buddy type comedy. Its prolly not gonna be laugh on your side funny, but it'll do. for now.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:20 pm
Stori says...

That's cool! I like drawing too, mostly Anime characters.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:26 pm
Via says...

I think it's pretty darn good, if I do say so myself! The walking animation is a little awkward, but it really kind of works for cartoons, I don't think that would be the first thing to come to mind if I were to watch a series, that the walking animation was bad. It's really very good. I like the style as well, and the second gif is very good! I don't so much like the complete white and black page with the guy, but the girl's frames are good!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:30 pm
Rydia says...

I agree with Via, it's very good and the girl's frames in the last one are brilliant. Maybe try t be a touch more consistent - her eyes and hair vary quite a lot - but it's a very good cartoon and well animated.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:01 pm
Knurla says...

Although the walking gif is awkward, it kind of fits. If I was walking on the world, I'd be walking like that too. =P

Anyways, I really like the character. Her eyes are pretty and she has that "I don't care" attitude about herself.The second animation is also great....but what's the big "bg2" there for?

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:02 pm
EnchantressMuffin says...

I liked the first ones the best. They made me smile.

I don't think that you should put too much of a background into the walking one - it's not conducive to the style you're working, and it might be too busy if you put in designs. A solid color would be good, if you are planning on putting in a backgroud.

Muffin

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:50 am
Alteran says...

I think they're really good. The walking is a bit odd, but it fits in with the style of the drawings. They're cute and very eye catching. Great work.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

Random avatar

Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:16 pm
Sponson Light says...

/agree, the walking is awkward, due to a slight speed difference in the right leg and groin areas.

However, if you didn't notice, the black and white is lablel'd BG2, meaning, it doesnt exist yet.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:38 pm
Gemma Firestorm says...

I like these, they're great.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:03 am
Areida says...

Ooooh, this is so cool!

Obviously it's unfinished, because you can see where it's rought around the edges in certain places, but it still looks really really cool. I actually like the awkward walk one... I'm kind of hypnotized by the spinning ball...
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:06 am
Sponson Light says...

Updated RAWR!!!

It took 5 hours to do BG 2.

Betterized version: http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... swfpp3.swf

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:24 pm
Someguy says...

It is really cool. love anime and try to draw it but not to good.
Look at my big shiny shell...

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:42 pm
Via says...

The 'betterized' version is great! I would suggest moving the "you're always late blah blah blah" words up some and making them more eye-catching? But the animation itself is great!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:24 pm
Alteran says...

Because the background is kinda dark i suggest a light color for the words. Other than that, wow, that is super sweet. Great job.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

Random avatar

Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:23 am
Sponson Light says...

That text isn't to stay forevor. I'm removing them when I get voices. If and when.
But thanks everyone for your interest! I never knew people would be interested in my stuff again >.>

Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.
— Leonardo da Vinci