z

Young Writers Society

Ink on Paper

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:23 pm
Empress Kat says...

This is suppose to be Dono's character from his story book Necropolis. He has a version shaded too, maybe he'll post it too =)

This is a tree id drew, one of my friends wants to get it(or something like it) tattooed. This tree and the atmosphere lyrics: "From the Heaven I've Had/To the Hell I've Been Through"
Plan B is always "Die Trying."

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:16 am
EnchantressMuffin says...

I like his shirt. It's wicked nifty.

Oh, and the hat's awesome as well. I'd so wear that.

Other than those cool components, there's not much to say; it's all pretty standard. The shoes look a little weird, though, sort of like big balloons on the ends of his pants. Maybe if there was a bit of a heel, or something.

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:20 am
Via says...

I like the first one a lot, but the lack of toes kind of bothers me. The detail is great too.

The detail in the tree is also very good, though it looks like a coloring book page to me rather than a 'drawing'...ignoring the fact that coloring book pages are initially drawings..
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:24 am
Maybe says...

I really like the firs one, but i have to agree Muffin, the soes do look a bit weird. But otherwise it looks good.

And i love the tree! It looks really good. And am i the only one who saw the 13 hidden in the branches? Very nice.

Keep up the good work!
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:13 am
Rydia says...

I love the tree and I saw the 13 as well =) I think the leafy part could be better but those branches are great and it's well detailed.

I think you need more of a range of shading on the guy so that the thick black lines blend better but generally it's well inked.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:21 pm
Myth says...

The trees so great! I love it. The guy's shoes look really flat like squashed bread or something.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:35 pm
Saphira says...

The first one is good. I like the shadows on his face but the feet are oddly flat.

The tree is amazing and the number blends in well and looks like part of the tree. It is fantastic and the shading is really good.
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:57 am
Gwenevire says...

Those are nice :D
I think the first one has the shape of a girl... Maybe you could square up the body more. It looks to curvy and elegant.
The second one is nice... But its to rough and edgy... I think you should smooth it out a bit.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:12 am
Teague says...

Treeeeee. *hugs* Yes, I'm a tree-hugger. Anyway, it's an awesome tree. I kind of like the half & half theme. And the number 13 in the branches. No real complaints there from me. :D

I think my only problem with the bloke is his hips- they seem a bit too curvy to me. But that's just me being nitpicky. It doesn't really subtract from the piece at all. Overall, it's very well done. I love his expression. Very smug.

Well done!

-St. Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:59 am
Squall says...

I like the character design of Hunter's character. He looks ready to blow up some zombies. The way he holds the gun, his facial expressions and the equipment that he is wearing really does portray that. My only complaint would be the chin seems a bit weird and a bit unnatural.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:43 am
cheeb says...

These are great. I love the detail on the dude's gun and the face on his shirt made me laugh. Your shading on both pieces is excellent. The shoes do look a little odd, and the one on the right (his left) seems to be bigger than the other, but all-in-all an eye-pleasing job. :D
the user formerly known as chibibo

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:31 am
Wolf says...

The first one is pretty good; I like the bold lines, but the shoes do look weird.
I love the tree. It's just...really, really pwnful. It's cool how only half of it has leaves and I love the complexity of the roots.
Keep drawing!
-Ayra :)
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

We do have funerals for the living. They're called birthday parties.
— Jill Biden (fictitiously), Hope Never Dies