Young Writers Society

My Lame Inking-more added 10/22/07

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:44 am
View Likes
Empress Kat says...

This is Hunter from Dono's story.
I'm very new to this inking business. And I drew too close to the bottom of the page and cut off his boots. Oops.
Dono also inked this picture... he'll probably be posting his soon.
Last edited by Empress Kat on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plan B is always "Die Trying."

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:35 am
Twit says...

Nice! Well proportioned, ut there's something stiff with his shoulders. And you can see the pencil lines in his very well done hair. :)

Very dramatic.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:11 pm
Via says...

I'll second the shoulderness. But, the rest of it is actually very well done! What pen type did you use?
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:23 pm
Barrio says...

I think there is a disproportionate amount of shading on the face compared to the body. It's good though, the face looks a little odd, but all in all it's good.

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:49 am
scotty.knows says...

The shoulders are a little stiff; round them out a little more. This guy isn't standing at attention on the parade ground, He's showing off his pieces.

The legs could be a little longer too. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong- he might be standing in some fog- but leg-to-body height ratio tends to be about 1:1.

I like the shading, it's pretty good. The windswept hair is good. The pencil lines don't bother me, they make it look like there are real strands in there.

Keep up the good work.
'Merikuh!

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:56 am
Alteran says...

Cool, I hate he's missing his boots, but the top part looks great. He is a little stiff, not to bad, but it could be loosened up a bit. I can't find where his knee meets his thigh, it bothers me cause no one has completely straight legs.

Other than that, looks cool. So dangerous.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:07 am
Ego says...

He actually has his full upper body flexed. Shoulders, arms, and chest. That explains the size and stiffness of his shoulders...
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:10 am
something euclidean says...

The hair looks very cool and the starkness of the white and black work with his pose. If you wanted things to be more round/break up the big chunks of dark or light, you could do a tiny bit of crosshatching where you still have pencil lines [folds, lighter shadows, stuff like that]. But that might change the feel of the drawing.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:07 pm
Rydia says...

I love the hair and the outfit is very well drawn so long as you ignore the missing boots but I think the shadow for the nose is a little large. Great guns though and excellent work on the hands. It's really very well done!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:35 am
Empress Kat says...

Finally got the gust to try and shade this thing. Advice? Do you like it? And he's suppose to have boots, i drew too close to the bottom of the page... oops me.

Plan B is always "Die Trying."

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:34 am
EnchantressMuffin says...

He's a little bit oddly proportioned, for a person, but the shadowing out helps some. I think that his shoulders are too stiff-looking... now, I could never draw a shoulder very well, but I think that you could. Maybe if you curved them a little? Whatever shoulders do when they're looser. Maybe it's all in how you look at things.

Also... he looks like he's got a little bit of a, well, bosom. I think it's the lines on the shirt. If a guy was wearing a shirt like that, I don't think the fabric would stretch like that.

Hope I made at least some sense. :P

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

Yewis superiority!
— Several authors from the auspicious site.