z

Young Writers Society

An Anime Drawing I did a While Back

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:12 am
scotty.knows says...

I drew this picture a long time ago and then spent about 3 hours with the "paint" program on my computer. I discovered it lurking in My Documents and decided to bring it out for everyone to see. Go ahead and give me a critique.
Attachments
Bishojou IV.JPG
Bishojou IV.JPG (570.48 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
'Merikuh!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:47 pm
Rydia says...

Oooh, I like it. I think the clothes should be a little less stiff, particularly the top and her teeth seem a little jagged and the black line around the top ones is broken which looks really strange but the eyes are nice and I really love how you've done her hair. Also, the hand on the left is well drawn but the fist could do with some more work. It seems a little long and doesn't really fit with her facial expression either. Generally, I like it and I think you're very good at drawer but maybe some more shading and neaten up a few of those lines. Keep up the good work!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:20 pm
Saphira says...

The hair and the eyes are really good and the pose is good. The mouth is strange and the teeth look jagged. I think that the clothes need to be less stiff and the hand position is strange. Also her left arm seems to big for her body.

Really good job!
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:11 am
EnchantressMuffin says...

The skin is sort of a weird color; her midriff looked like it wasn't a midriff at all, but rather like a lengthened shirt that she was wearing underneath her top.

Plus, the lines you put on there didn't look like the usual tummy lines that you see in cartoons and things. They looked sort of stiff, awkward, and in the wrong place. Maybe if you compare it to another drawing, you could figure out how to tweak them, because I sure can't tell you.

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:41 am
Alteran says...

This looks cool. The hair is great, very Anime, as are the eyes. The left eye seems little funny. I think it has too much black in it. Her top area seems bit stiff, not very life human like. More like a robot. Onle last thing, her face tone and skin tone dont really match.

Neat-o. I like it and thought you did a great job.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:48 pm
BeautifulJewel says...

I really like it.
It is very GOOD.
Keep going and i think that you will do very well.
Well done. X
Jess. *=]

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:24 pm
Someguy says...

This is reall really good.
I love the colour of her hair.
Those eyes are awesome.

Really good. Keep it up.
Look at my big shiny shell...

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:47 am
Sohini says...

Neat job and very chic
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:16 pm
Frederick101 says...

the face is real good. her left hand isn't the best, but over all pretty good
"Your Mother Was a Hamster! And Your Father Smelled of Elderberries!" ~~French Soldier, Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:38 am
Teague says...

The eyes are lovely. I have a soft spot for those big fluffy anime eyes. They're so big and cute and huggable...

*ahem* Yar... her hair is neat too. And I'm of the opinion that the clothes are indeed a bit stiff. Her skin tone is a bit off, especially in the face- it doesn't match the rest of her body, which is really throwing the entire colouration deal off.

And she needs a belly button!

Good job, though. I like it.

-St. Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:48 pm
Linden Dante says...

I like it, it looks very nice but the right arm looks a little funny. It looks like it is squished behind her body, but over all it is a very nice picture. Good Job! :D

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:30 pm
~Volant~ says...

Very good! I liked it? As my Mom would say, good composition, faces are hard to draw. The eyes are nicely lined up (Which is a problem I find in most facial drawings) and there's not too much to draw attention from teh face. However, fade out the lines a little as you go down. tue buttons on her pants really stood out, and you don't want that. You want all the attention on her face.

But, yes, well done, mate!
Where are we going?

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:59 pm
~Lashes~ says...

Thats really good! Wow! I love it~!

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:45 pm
Myth says...

I love her head. The chest looks odd because it seems she's facing towards us but the rest of her is slightly turned away from us. She has no belly button! The hips are strange too, not enough of itto give her a shape. I really like the highlights you've doine on her hair.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:24 pm
MadHatter says...

I don't especially like it. I really don't like Anime in the first place, but setting that aside, it's not top notch. You might want to color it in marker or give it a little shadowyness to it.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

If I were a girl in a book, this would all be so easy.
— Jo March