z

Young Writers Society

Crysi's attempts

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:29 am
Crysi says...

Ok, you know I'm tired when I misspell my own name. Sheesh. Anyway, I figured it was time to reserve a spot for my stuff. I have a few things to show you that I did when messing around with photoshop..

I just made this one. It was from an old drawing of mine, and I decided to try shading him.

The banner I made for my forums (opening in a week)! Don't ask me to do it again.. I have no idea what I did.

Once again, from that old drawing hehe.

Now THIS was fun to make. I used gradients to blend the three pictures together.. Good, no?

That's all for now.. I'm too lazy to upload anything else lol.
Love and Light

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:57 am
Emma says...

wow me likey ALOT! :D

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:10 am
Shadow Knight says...

Wow, they're great Crysi, hmm, i know someone in need of good dragon pictures, Snoink.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:07 pm
Bobo says...

Sweet! Photoshop rules!

594 Reviews

Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:03 pm
Crysi says...

Indeed it does, Bobo. Indeed it does.
Love and Light

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Lollipop says...

Wow! The dragons are soooo cute. I draw dragons too but not using photoshop. I just draw them free-hand. I'll be sending some in soon. Anyway, these are sooo cool!!!!

481 Reviews

Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:29 pm
Bobo says...

I've never been able to draw freehand on the comp. I have been able to cartoon pretty well in Flash though. Yeah, that Dragon's Keep banner is my fav of the three. Just one question: is that fire custom made or done with the Photoshop filter or whatever it is?

594 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:27 am
Crysi says...

I actually drew the dragon freehand on the comp. What surprised me is that it came out almost as good as the ones I had been drawing on my binder lol!

I learned how to do the flames from this link: http://www.absolutecross.com/tutorials/photoshop/effects/4way-fire/

I just applied that to a white line going across the bottom. Also, I've played around with changing the colors a bit. When you go to the color table, you can create your own colors by clicking on one square and dragging it a third of the way (or halfway or whatever) down. Then you choose the color you want to start with, and the color you want to end with. Photoshop makes a gradient using those colors.. It's a bit hard to explain on here lol. Just play around with it, and I'm sure you'll figure it out. :D
Love and Light

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:50 am
Tara says...

He's so cute, Crysi!!! I love him!!!
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

481 Reviews

Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:52 am
Bobo says...

I've seen a better fire tutorial at http://www.photoshoptechniques.com/texp/fireptk.php

Tends to look more realistic and less uniform.

594 Reviews

Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:04 am
Crysi says...

Ooh, I REALLY like that! Thanks Bobo! :D
Love and Light

481 Reviews

Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:52 pm
Bobo says...

No problem! We did that in my Commercial Art class, so I've learned of quite a few useful techniques. That's one of the best I've done so far.

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:23 pm
Harley says...

Awww!!! I love the dragon, he's so cute!! The banner was great, and the flame effects are excellent. I reeeeally need to get photoshop...

594 Reviews

Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:49 pm
Crysi says...

Lol thanks!

I'm still waiting for my mom to connect her scanner so I can scan my pictures.. Maybe I'll go see if I can hook it up right now.
Love and Light

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:56 am
Tara says...

The way he looks all flame-ish in the one drawing is awesome. Did u say once that you did that accidentally?
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
— We Bought A Zoo