z

Young Writers Society

Crysi's attempts

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:00 pm
Crysi says...

Yeah. Same technique as the flame names, I'm sure, but I haven't been able to replicate it yet.

I drew a picture of Saphirus (it's good, to me) and I wanna show it to you guys! But it'll be.. next week, hopefully. And I want to show you some of my celtic knots! I'm so obsessed with those things lol!
Love and Light

594 Reviews

Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:21 am
Crysi says...

Well, I took some pictures of my artwork.. Not nearly as good as scanning. But it'll hafta do.

Some random anime character..

My first drawing of Saphirus. I like the shading on his cloak, but little else lol.

Woohoo! Link from the Legend of Zelda!

Mermaids. I know you can't see them too well, and I just hit "Smartfix" on photoshop 'cuz I was so fed up with it lol. Ah well.

I hate this pic lol. It was supposed to be Crystalia, but it didn't come out right.

An anime look at one of my characters, Skye lol.

I love this! ^_^

A ship. I'm not done with it yet.

Saphirus! I'm pretty happy with this, although his left (right when you're looking at it) arm looks broken to me lol.

And a closeup of his torso.

I'll try to get some of these scanned when possible. Hope you enjoyed! :)
Love and Light

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:20 am
Snoink says...

*claps* Well done, senorita.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

594 Reviews

Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:46 am
Crysi says...

*smiles* Merci!
Love and Light

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:38 am
Emma says...

Wow some of them are good! Though on the last one, and some of the bodies, try doing a skeleton or something, then go over them with skin (lightly and so should the other one) then go heavily on the clothes. If you already do that, I'd say work on it. Btw my art isn't as good as your so you don't need to worry :P

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:08 pm
Lollipop says...

Wow! Those are really good Crysi. I like the first one!!

~Lollipop~

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:14 pm
Firestarter says...

Woah, nice pics!

Especially loving the ship. Were you looking at something for reference while doing that?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:38 pm
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

.......snazy pics yo....i like the first few...those are really good. keep it up. and try to post more.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:51 pm
Acid_Fairy says...

how did you do that blending the pictures thing? i've been trying to do that for an art project for weeks!
Angel now- Devil forever ;-P

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:05 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

The ship is awesome, but I cant see the 4th one. Is it a mermaid? Well, actually, all of them are awesome. And Link rocks!
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

594 Reviews

Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:22 pm
Crysi says...

Emma - Yeah, I do need to work on that. Grar.

Jack - Lol, yeah I printed out a few pictures of ships and just decided to draw it using the different views I had. The picture I mainly used was incomplete, so I had to look at a few others to see what should go there. Glad you like it!

Acid Fairy - I'll try to find the tutorial I used. I know I used a gradient for it, but I don't remember all the steps.

EBM - Thanks! Yeah, the fourth one is a mermaid.. Another one is coming up from the bottom left corner. I'll try to fix it so you can see it more clearly.. Or maybe I'll just scan it when I have time, lol.

I'll have to take a picture of the massive celtic knot I'm working on.. Actually, it's done, but I'm adding shading and stuff.
Love and Light

594 Reviews

Sun May 08, 2005 8:06 am
Crysi says...

Alright, let's return to something I CAN do - photoshop lol. Here are some recent projects of mine..

I absolutely LOVE this. It's invisible Legolas! I had a whole series of invisible people, but this is the best. Let me know if you want to see the others. The bow was really hard to do.. In the original, his hand is covering part of it. So it was hard to make it look realistic.. But I like how it turned out.

I was just messing around.. I made a wax seal, then wondered if I could make an envelope to put it on. It was a quickie job, so it's horrible quality, but if I actually spent some time on it I could make it more realistic.

Haha, you know ASCII art? This is my little cheat way of doing it lol. Takes about two minutes instead of the hours "real" ASCII artists take. :twisted:

That's all the interesting stuff.. I have a lot of other junk, but I'm not interested in it right now lol. So here you go.
Love and Light

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sun May 08, 2005 8:49 am
Lollipop says...

Heehee! I love the invisible Legolas but the only downside is, I can't see Orlando's beautiful face. Oh well. The letter has got excellent shading and the last one is really cool! Good job!

~Lollipop~
Way hay!!!!

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sun May 08, 2005 9:09 am
Emma says...

OMG

How did you do that?! Its amazing! The invisible picture! I need to see the rest! HOW DO YOU DO IT?!

*Saves picture*

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sun May 08, 2005 7:21 pm
Ego says...

one thing I noticed on Legolas--the inside of his right gauntlet has a splotch on it--you may want to darken that up to match the rest of the gauntlet.

Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe.
— John Milton (Poet)