z

Young Writers Society

painting, please critique

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:33 pm
Barrio says...

That is fantastic, just fantastic. The background shows off the shade, it's all very realistic. Well done.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:45 pm
BeautifulJewel says...

I think you could be a very talented painter. That was so well sdetailed ect. I think that was amazing. I really do think that.
I love it.
Try some different things though.
X
Jess. *=]

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:30 pm
MariaCee says...

Very, very good, especially for being only fourteen and self-taught.

The detail is excellent as well as the structure and anatomy, though I'm a tiny tiny bit iffy on some of the highlights. But that's just me.

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:25 am
Esmé says...

That painting is very very awesome. You are such a talented painter!

I would like to agree with everyone about the details - great, and the proportions are as they should be, but I still don't see what they're talking about when they say there's to much white ^_^ It's perfect.

Oh, I know that giving off only compliment isn't too good, but really, there aren't much faults in the paintings.

Cheers,
Esme

P.S. One more thing: I like its eyes. A detail. but they're brilliant. The seem to follow me, lol...

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:03 am
somethingcreative says...

Wow your only fourteen and self taught. This is pretty much impressive. The only thing was the white on his extending body, but that is still not even that big of a deal. This picture also says 2004, so you painted this when you were 12? I was still talking about poo and farts at 12 and this painting looks amazing. Also sorry for assuming it is a he. It probably isn't since she's smiling! Anyways you seem to genuinely love wildlife.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:08 am
mizz-iceberg says...

WOW. You painting is amazing. Grr. Wish I could paint as well. I have very limited talent when it comes to paintin or any kind of artwork. But you're really good. Just one question. Did you paint this while looking at another painting/picture/model/actual ram?

And like someone posted earlier it might do to add a bit more to the background to enhance the goat itself....? What do you think?

Keep painting.

-mizz-iceberg
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:50 pm
EnchantressMuffin says...

Wow... You taught yourself to paint? That's pretty awesome.

Yeah. Nothing I can say that hasn't been said before.

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

Reviews: 4
Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:54 pm
cheeztoast says...

i dont know i dont see much thats' spesial about this maybe u shuld take some draswing classes & figur out how 2 get better you could get some better brusghes to
love toast

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:17 am
Kim says...

Last edited by Kim on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:58 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Hey, please keep this civil. cheeztoast, on this site we try to be helpful in our criticisms - your blunt rudeness has no place here, and I will be forced to report you if this behaviour continues.

As to the painting, I think it's fantastic. Really, flawless. I just love everything about it. You're a great artist.

How long did it take you to do?
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

Reviews: 4
Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:41 pm
cheeztoast says...

im sorry, that was terrbly rude and i apologize

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:15 pm
Gemma Firestorm says...

This is amazing! Absolutely beautiful. You say you taught yourself? Wow. That's amazing.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:07 am
Yagaron says...

IS this yours? great!

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:13 am
View Likes
Sponson Light says...

Deliciously detailed in every bite, now with 50% less calories!
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:34 am
alleycat13 says...

I can't say much that hasn't already been said. It's a very good painting, and it's very impressive that you're only 14 and self-taught. My favorite part is the texture. I really think the texture along with the color choice is what makes it so good.

I wonder what that little black thing is protruding from the right shoulder? Maybe it's my computer, but I see a black thing there that's out of place. But it doesn't really distract me; I'm just wondering.

I'd love to see more paintings from you. I'd like to see something with movement. I wonder how you'd handle that. Maybe you could take that same ram and paint him climbing the mountainside. It'd be a good challenge.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Got YWS?

The mind of man is capable of anything - because everything is in it, all the past as well as all the future.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness