z

Young Writers Society

painting, please critique

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:50 am
Kim says...

i like to paint, and have taught myself, i started with pencil and then to oil,would like a little critique and honest opinions.
thanks kim

ps, didnt realize the picture download would be so large , sorry for that.
Attachments
PICT0164.JPG
PICT0164.JPG (392.7 KiB) Viewed 1033 times

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:25 pm
Rydia says...

I love this. The detail is equisite and your choice and use of colour is brilliant. I particularly like the horns and the texture of the fur but that's a pretty background too and generally, I think it's perfect. You've used an interesting angle, good tone and shading and basically I can't find anything to fault so excellent work!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:49 pm
Alteran says...

I really like this too. It is pretty much flawless. The onlything I wasn't crazy about was all the white. I know they're hihglights, I just thought they should be a little more blended. Of course, It's been a while since I saw a sheep. :)

Way cool.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:35 pm
Saphira says...

This is really good! i can't think of anything that needs improving. The detail is just amazing and the colours you have used are brilliant! :D
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:33 pm
Shine says...

You have done a great lot of detailing,its just perfecto!

The colors you chose were nice, the shading you did was good.And I like the eye.

You are too good as an artist.

Well done!!:)
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:48 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Oh my gosh... This is great. Your use of colours really makes the detail stand out and altogether makes the ram look more life like.

Kim, this is definately fabulous.

=]
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:54 pm
Tessitore says...

WOW! O.O

This is great work, you are a fabulous artist. I commend you on your work. How long did this take you?
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:24 pm
Via says...

I love it! It's great. Like stated previously the detail is great, the texture work is amazing, and the porportions are spectacularly done.

I would also mention the white as the only thing to be critiqued, but I like the white in the color. The only areas is looks a little off are on the left bottom where it's like white hair coming off and the lightness of the hair on it's back is just a little too light. Having said that though, if neither one of those were touched it would still be a great piece of work. They aren't things that are going to make or break it!

Great job! ;)
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:15 pm
Knurla says...

It looks so real! It looks like one of those fuzzy paintings, hehe! It's beautiful, and a great choice of colors, as everyone else said. Good job!

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:03 pm
Twit says...

Whee, that's so well done! It looks really pro. The only thing I'd say is that the pciture is a bit out of focus. :roll:
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:06 pm
She Writes says...

Ah-mazing!
Great.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:46 pm
Fan says...

Wow. This is spectacular. How old are you? Fourteen?!!?!?

The ram looks very life like and you have a very good blend of colours which compliment each other nicely. Good job!

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:32 am
scotty.knows says...

Spot on. I like the detailing and the way you made the ram look "fuzzy". This must have taken ages to complete. The only thing I have to say against it is that there is an awful lot of white in the fur. I know those are highlights, but there are an awful lot of them. Unless this ram just woke up after a bitter frost... but good job. Keep up the good work.
'Merikuh!

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:37 am
something euclidean says...

Very nice! The play of the highlights and the texture of the horns is wonderful. It looks like there's some blue in there in the fur and along with the highlights, and that's cool -- a lot of times people will paint with the colors they "know", rather than the subtle other shades that are there. The only thing that's really wanting is the background - a contrasting color, or a lighter one, might do wonders. Sometimes a very dull complementary color [or just a color that doesn't much appear, or appears only as an accent] can make the subject "pop". Your background almost does this, but it is just close enough to the shades in the ram to still blend a bit.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:30 pm
ArtLuvr19 says...

Very good color and detail! I know everyone else is saying that but...well, I always like compliments. The texture of the fur and horns are very well done. I don't know if you care about the opinion of a twelve-year-old, but I liked it!
Fail fast, succeed sooner!

Every first draft is perfect, because all a first draft has to do is exist.
— Jane Smiley