z

Young Writers Society

Lion

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:51 am
hummingbird says...

I know you did this with crayon, but a little bit of advice if I may. If you add individual hairs using different colors and blend them just a little it will give dimension and a little reality to your drawing. You can also add fur in individual curved strokes around the outside of the body to eliminate the straight line look. This will bring character to your artwork. The eyes also can use individual strokes around it to give it demension and most animals have long hairs, whiskers and eyelashes that really make the drawing dramatic.

The picture is great, I hope you don't mind my advice.

hummingbird
I hate mean people

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:10 pm
xyberangel says...

The lion looks quite proud, which is like the king of the jungle i guess. I think the back of lion needs to be slightly larger, the kinda bum bit needs to be in more proportion, why does it slope down? I like the main and fierce proud expression of the lion.
nice work

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:25 pm
Gwenevire says...

I think you did well on the head but you should work on the lower body like the legs and the torso.
They seem a little ruff and make it look bad.

Keep trying
Genevieve
xxx

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:47 am
Wolf says...

The back half of his body looks disproportional and a tad bumpy, like he has an odd skeleton or musculature. But the face is full of character and that's really good, and the mane rocks.
The colouring is cool too. :)
Cheers,
Ayra
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

We always talk about the "doers" and "dreamers" but I'd like to give a big shoutout to the "tryers".
— Hannah Hart