z

Young Writers Society

Flowers

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:27 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

This is something i've done at school. The idea was to photo copy a picture of flowers...then cut it up...stick bits on the paper...and draw the rest in. If that made sense. The picture isn't very clear, neither are the colours, 'cos it's too big to scan so i had to take a photo instead.

Anyways, here it is...

Hope this IMG thing works. xD
So's your face

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:15 pm
GingerLizzy says...

This is fabulous - a lot better than mine.

I had a faiy in mine and actually, nearly all of the picture was just those photocopied pictures XD Sir was like, you know.. you're only supposed to use three at the most#, not six. Never mind.

I like your colouring and I like how you've used the photocopying corners, it's actually a super idea.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

188 Reviews

Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:30 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

I haven't seen yours Lizzy, and thankyou.

Also, the colours on this look really light at one side becauase of the flash on te camera. :(

x
So's your face

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:47 pm
Rydia says...

This is very pretty but perhaps you should have added a few more bits of the picture, just really tiny places scattered across the middle to give an even stronger contrast of the drawing and the picture. It's well drawn and your shading is nice, if a touch simplistic, and generally it's good. Perhaps the blue could have been done a bit better though? The shading is a little uneven. Overall though, nice drawing.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

188 Reviews

Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:57 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

"This is very pretty but perhaps you should have added a few more bits of the picture, just really tiny places scattered across the middle to give an even stronger contrast of the drawing and the picture. It's well drawn and your shading is nice, if a touch simplistic, and generally it's good. Perhaps the blue could have been done a bit better though? The shading is a little uneven. Overall though, nice drawing."

We weren't allowed to do more than about two pieces of picture on it. So that's why there's only two. Also, the shading looks like that because of the flash on the camera, It looks darker and more even in real life. I'd scan it but it's A3.

Thanks for your input.

x
So's your face

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:42 pm
Myth says...

I've done something like this at school. I wish I'd asked my teacher to keep hold of my folder. Did youi have to imagine the bits in between the photograph or look at the original?

Anyway, this is so pretty. I love the colours and the red flowers bursting all over the middle of the picture.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

188 Reviews

Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:03 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

"I've done something like this at school. I wish I'd asked my teacher to keep hold of my folder. Did youi have to imagine the bits in between the photograph or look at the original?

Anyway, this is so pretty. I love the colours and the red flowers bursting all over the middle of the picture."

There wasn't really an original photo as such...he just put loads of random pieces of pictures in a mixed up pile and we picked a couple. :) Then we had to stick it somewhere and draw the rest in ourselves. :)

Thanks for you comment. :D

Also, the flowers are meant to be orange but as i say...my photo taking skills were'nt too good here. Hehe.

x
So's your face

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:35 pm
View Likes
Jennafina says...

Wow! That's fancy!

It's a little hard to see the outlines of your flowers. If you went over them in black pen, it would be easier to see and look more like the photo. Or, you could up the brightness if you have a photo editing program on your computer.

I love the colors. The bright red and purple are my favorites.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

188 Reviews

Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:58 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

"Wow! That's fancy!

It's a little hard to see the outlines of your flowers. If you went over them in black pen, it would be easier to see and look more like the photo. Or, you could up the brightness if you have a photo editing program on your computer.

I love the colors. The bright red and purple are my favorites."

Yes, i think...when i get round to it which is probably never, i will try to take another picture of this in better lighting conditions and such.

[toddles off]

x
So's your face

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:06 pm
EnchantressMuffin says...

This is really nice. I like the all the different colors and things, and how they're all soft-looking and nice.

You did this with colored pencil, right? It looks it, but it's pretty cool, anyway.

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

188 Reviews

Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:34 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

Hello :)

"This is really nice. I like the all the different colors and things, and how they're all soft-looking and nice.

You did this with colored pencil, right? It looks it, but it's pretty cool, anyway.

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin"

Why thankyou :). Yes it is pencil crayons. I'm not too good with colouring, the teacher wouldn't let me paint it. :(

Anyhoo, before i start waffling about my school...

Byes,
Sarah..
So's your face

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
— Mark Twain