z

Young Writers Society

Amelia's Photos

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:40 pm
Leja says...

Of course I take photos; who doesn't? My question is where they are on the spectrum of travel photos/snapshots --> artistic photos?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:04 pm
Rydia says...

1. The trees are really interesting and I love the shadows they throw but it's rather out of focus and you should crop the right a touch to take those people out. Maybe it would look better if it was darker too. Give it a sinister look and there'd be less people about...

2. I love the light. If only it was in a different place though. It's so beautiful but the background sort of takes away from that because of the similar colours that make it hard to concentrate on both. It looks like it would be a nice building if it was shot from a different angle actually. Maybe if you'd tried to get more of a front view... I do like it though in general. I like the contrast of the natural light and the artificial light and like I said, that's a really ornate, pretty light.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:16 pm
Gadi. says...

WHERE DID YOU TAKE THOSE PICTURES????

1) It's nice, incredible shapes...I love Europe--and this sure does look like it. Problem is the light. It was probably taken somewhere between 9am to 5pm, right? When the sun is above you and pictures don't look that great?
Sunsets / Sunrises = best time for pictures!

2) It's interesting, but I personally think it's just okay. The combination of the perfect lighting and lamps with the intriguing background is just too over the place in this photograph.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:38 pm
Via says...

The first one is pretty sweet. I love how like every three trees there is a random person for the first half of the aisle. I think, though I would like it better if it were from the middle of the isle?

This one is cool, where I like all the things in it. But to me it seems a little too busy, like I don't know where to focus my attention.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

816 Reviews

Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:39 pm
Leja says...

Kitty: the second picture is actually an organ inside a cathedral. It's cool, the pipes for the organ were on the ceiling, but the keys were at ground level like a normal keyboard (that's why there's a lamp in front of it). And I'll see what I can do with the first picture; thanks for the suggestions :D

Gadi: these are pictures from Spain.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:09 am
Alteran says...

I really like the trees in the first pic. It is a touch overwhelming though, so much happening at one time. It does draw the eye though, towards the rear of the photo. Over all it's pretty cool.

The second one could have used some better lighting, but the lamp is very cool. I like thme, :)
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:27 am
Gadi. says...

I KNEW IT!

The first one is from Barcelona, I think? I am going there this December.

I love the shapes there. They are so intriguing! I think this picture deserves so much more than what I said earlier. It's amazing, really.

:)
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:36 pm
Myth says...

I love the first one! Have you seen it at night? I'd really like to see what it would look like in the dark and what lighting is used, would be very creepy.

I thought the organ was more like the facade of an expensive hotel. I didn't really like the light there so I'd have rather wanted to see more of the organ.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:59 pm
Someguy says...

The first picture was interesting the trees were different of what I have ever seen. It shows a new enviroment to me. Love it

The second one was beautiful. It is a mixture of dark colours and light colours.It is different. Adding an organ. The blue sky breaks the darkness.

Loved it
Look at my big shiny shell...

816 Reviews

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:02 pm
Leja says...

Myth: in the dark, it casts these super-cool shadows from the streetlamps and from buildings nearby. It'd be creepy if no one were around, but there are always people out walking, so it was just rather peaceful.

If anyone who knows how to use the GIMP photo editor could PM me, I'd be most appreciative. Every time I edit something in said program, I only stumble upon it by accident XD

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:41 am
Snoink says...

Hehehe, we have trees just like it here, so I guess the first one really doesn't do anything for me. Besides, the background stuff is blurred, and though I want to see the houses, I really can't see them too well. But I love the second one. It's pretty. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:42 am
Knurla says...

The first one is kinda blurry, out of focus. The second is so pretty! I love the lights and the organ pipes.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:41 am
Sohini says...

The trees are really fantastic. hat road is that? beautiful.
i think th esecond one needed to be a bit more focused.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:58 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

Wow, the shape of the trees and the shadows they make really interest me. :)

And i love the second one too. :D

Great!

x
So's your face

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:46 am
Areida says...

Oooh, these are so pretty, 'Melia!

I love the trees and their shadows and the buildings on the left and the snow in the first one. Sooooo pretty.

The second one is cool too, but mainly because of the light fixture in the foreground. I would have preferred to see the organ in all its glory, rather than obstructed.

Still - Spain? Very cool.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

'Like' and 'equal' are two entirely different things.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time