z

Young Writers Society

The Necklace

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:08 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

Last edited by EmiSukotto16 on Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:12 pm
Rydia says...

Oooh, I love necklaces like that! I prefer the ones that are a touch more celtic in style but it's really pretty (I'm talking about the one with the black string by the way.) The other isn't really my sort of jewelery and I'm not sure that they go together but then... I'm supposed to be critiquing this as a photo am I not?

I think you should crop is so that none of the girl's chin is included and perhaps take a little of the hair away. To be honest, it might look better as just a huge close up on the two pieces of jewelery but it's up to you.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:51 pm
Cade says...

1. It's blurry. This makes me sad.

2. You should crop it; the pendant is too close to the bottom edge.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:03 pm
Via says...

I'll have to agree with the cropping angle..it's a cool necklace, but I would have preferred a more...exciting photograph? I think black and white would have given it a better....umph factor?
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:31 pm
Polkadots says...

I agree with write me. I think you should make the picture black-and-white for more interest, but still show the purple of the necklace for a pop.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:20 pm
Jennafina says...

I think this would look better if you showed the bottom of the chin. As it is, it seems a little off balance. Apart from that, it's a really nice photo. I like both the necklaces and the blonde hair: it looks very fresh and clean.

If you've got a photo editing program, you might want to try upping the color saturation. It might look cool. :D
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:46 am
Myth says...

I like both necklaces, didn't realise they weren't together until others mentioned it. I think the hair should still be kept in if you decided to crop this. Also why not have her/you posing instead of looking straight at the camera.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:57 pm
Leja says...

I think it's a pretty necklace, but as a picture, it doesn't do much other than being a picture of a pretty necklace. I think a different angle might be nice, like if the model tilted one shoulder away from the camera, or maybe was holding part of the necklace's chain?

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:46 pm
EnchantressMuffin says...

Ooh, I like this necklace. I have one sort of like it, except it's blue and glass. (Why does that matter? It doesn't. Whatever gave you the idea that it might?)

By the way, the girl's hair is pretty. Is that you, or did you take the picture?

Muffin

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:51 am
Alteran says...

The necklace is very cool. I like the swirl, reminds of the Last Mimzy. The two look very nice together.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

"She doesn't even go here!"
— Damian Leigh