z

Young Writers Society

Bird Photography...

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:58 pm
Lynlyn says...

These are so neat! I wish we had pretty birdies like that around here.

1. This is really nice, you can almost hear the bird call just looking at it. I wish the background had been a little lighter and the colors were a little more contrasting/bright, but I like it as it is.

2. This one is my favorite. The dark on the right edge throws off the balance a teeny bit, but it's still a fantastic shot. I think you really captured the bird's character - it's so cute.

3. Would have been more interesting if the bird and flower hadn't been centered, but it's lovely nonetheless. The colors really snap.

4. Took me ages to find the bird!

You're lucky to live in a place with such colorful fauna. All we get is the occasional blackbird or starling! Thanks for sharing.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:20 pm
-Save-Ferris- says...

Hehe wow they are all amazing (: They look like they belong in a book!

The last one was nearly camouflaged o_0
“Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave.”

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:47 pm
Sohini says...

write me wrote:The first one looks almost fake! It really does look digitized, pretty cool!

Wow...that's a really grand comment, makes me feel proud and important *smug smile*

write me wrote:...I can't see the parrot in this one? I feel retarded......lol.

try kitty15's advice: one of the leaves with a little red beak is the parrot!

pirate well done.

Thankx.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:44 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Oh my gosh...

This is great actually, loved it. The colours on the birds are really good and it was like - Ahh... How did you manage to get so close, or even to get them while they were still.

Lovely.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:49 pm
EnchantressMuffin says...

Wow... I love the first one. And I almost completely missed the parrot; I had to look twice!

And I really have nothing more constructive to say than that. :(

Love Muffin

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:54 am
starbean169 says...

Last edited by starbean169 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:22 am
Sohini says...

By the way, how far away were you when you took this picture? Just curious.

I was...let's see now, about a foot away. it was from my granny's balcony I remember.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:46 pm
TheRainFalls says...

These are so cool!

1. It's an odd picture... It has the good and the bad... I like the branch leaning across the photo with the colours being so vibrant... but then, the clouds dull it down making it... dreary. Maybe a little bit better in b&w?

2. Cheeky bird :P I love it... I want it! It's curious and you've really brought out the hilarity factor with this one :D It's great! I like the focal point to... you dont have to worry about the background because the bird just draws your attention in :) Great job!

3. I'm not too keen on this one... Although you really have grabbed the vibrant colours on the birds feathers, the right hand side just lacks... something... It might be colour or activity :)

4. Just an amazingly cool photo :D I found the bird [PROUDage] :P It's brilliant... the rule of thirds works with this... colours are everywhere... this probably makes it harder to find the parrot! Wonderful work!

I'd give youuu...

[-drumroll-]

7.9/10

The good are good and the bad... stand out unforunatly :P

But all in all... keep it up!

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:26 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

Wowie, these are great.

I love number one. The colours of the bird show up great agaisnt the background sky. : )

Number two is cute ^-^, the bird has a strange look on it's face hehe, i don't know if it's possible for birds to have strange looks on their faces but anyways...

The third picture is cool. I like the way there is one flower and it stands out with the bird against the leaves. : D

Number four is ace. xD I felt like a slight retard as at first i couldn't find the bird...but then i saw a glint of orange and disovered a beak...then the bird! : D

Great job. Yup.

Byes,

Sarah..
x
So's your face

Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind