z

Young Writers Society

sunrise pics

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:54 pm
spokenfor09 says...

Mostly this is a test to see if I have figured out how to work the whole moving pictures thing, but pleast crit and enjoy!

I love Eryn Marie and there isent a thing you can do to stop me!!!!!

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:08 pm
Jennafina says...

I love the first one. It reminds me of those romantic movies where they kiss in front of the sunset. xD Er... yeah. The trees look like they're kissing.

I haven't seen anything like the second one before. It looks a little off balance. Maybe if you cropped it so that the sun was at the very bottom of the picture it would look better?

The third is pretty standard serenity poster photography. It's a nice shot, but kind of boring.

Thanks for posting. :)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:31 am
Alteran says...

I like the first one, the effect the sun has between the trees is very nifty.

The second one is cool too. The clouds give the sun a more fiery effect and the tree helps take up space and give the picture balance.

And I agree with Jenna on the third. Pretty standerd. Not a bad pic, but standerd.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:00 am
sokool15 says...

Ja, ja *nods wisely* I agree with the other critiques.

1. Absolutely beautiful. It really does look as if the trees are kissing...a wonderful thing to capture in a photo.

2. Yes, I agree with Jenna. Perhaps crop the bottom? hm.

3. Nice shot, and I like it, but it has no unique life of it's own, nothing to make it stand out from any other postcard.

So, there you are. You have just been told the same thing three timings with only slightly different phrasing, yes? How does it feel? :P

~Kool 8)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:15 am
gyrfalcon says...

Well, they've about covered it, but blast it, these are really good. *blushes* Not that I thought you couldn't do well at photography, of course not...just perhaps not that well. *ducks* Hey, it was a compliment!
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:26 am
Squall says...

The first one had that symbolic feel to it. It's felt as though it is intended for a certain theme. I liked how the trees are like shadowy. It intensifies that connection of the trees and the background.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:21 pm
flytodreams says...

My favorite is the third one. It's fantastic! But is it just me, or are they a little too big?
Be yourself; everybody else is already taken.

I came, I saw, I conquered.

When you're being nice to your character, you're being bad to your book.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:55 pm
Elizabeth says...

The one between the trees was so beautiful, but my favorite was the second one. The tree adds a beautiful mood.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:40 am
spokenfor09 says...

Ok so like 90% of me taking pics is like me standing there with a camera and me going "hey that looks cool" and so I take a pic. Thank you though. Just to clear this up just in case your wondering there is no trick photography or photoshoping in my pics its just what i took.
I love Eryn Marie and there isent a thing you can do to stop me!!!!!

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:44 pm
Via says...

I love the first one, but I would prefer a little more space for the sun to peek through. The second is okay, but would be better with water. The third is okay but I would ditch the plants at the bottom--too distracting.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:52 pm
Rydia says...

1. Very cool and you've caught the sun at the perfect moment. I love the colour and it's such an awesome idea!

2. The sun is a little low for my liking and I wish it were closer to the tree. It's pretty though.

3. I like this one. Very classic. I'm a little distracted by the boat but it's a nice photo.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:57 pm
woodland wolf says...

I LOVE SUNRISES!!!!! there so much better than sunsets which are rather depresing because they show the end of the day where as sunrises show the begining and you also get that nice morning smell. lol more more more i want to see more go on!!!

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:35 pm
Areida says...

These are all purdy.

I like the first and the third just fine, but I think the second is my favorite. The boat on the horizon adds a nice touch too.

The second one makes me want to just float off into the sky... ;)
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:03 am
berrylique says...

they are gorgeous(:
i agree with the other authors, i loved the first one. i has the "feel", you know. it's a real romantic feeling.
sunrises are just the thing.
'follow the notes upon a journey,
at first sight marks one's destiny.
when the voyage comes to an end,
return lies within hasty keys.'

253 Reviews

Reviews: 253
Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:15 pm
CK Lynn says...

I really liked the first one. I think these are really generic, though, try next time taking a picture from an unusual angle or something to make it unique.

If I were a girl in a book, this would all be so easy.
— Jo March