Young Writers Society

Portraits

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:19 pm
Twinflower says...

I drew these portraits a while ago:

She's thinking...

Frodo!! Well, it sort of looks like him--we'll just say that's my interpretation of him.

And Faramir...for some reason I really like him... :wink:
~*~Twinflower~*~

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:59 pm
Cade says...

How could you NOT love Faramir? I love him too. Your drawing does look eerily like the movie guy...so good job, I guess. I'm not much of an art critic. I was kind of confused at first, though...it looked like he was holding a really long sword by the blade, but then I figured out that it's a bow.

I think your Frodo is my favorite. I like how you captured the expression on his face...I'm worried about his eyebrows, though, because it seems only the one on the left (his right) is raised...sort of like Brian Williams, that news anchor. He has crooked eyebrows too and they drive me crazy.

My only complaint about the first (mm, I'm going in reverse order here) is that the hair doesn't look very realistic...it looks more like a boa was draped over it, I guess. I really like her face, though.

-Colleen
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:59 am
Via says...

The first one is a little odd where her face meets her arm.

I'm not too sure about the eyes of the second one.

The guy in the third one seems very short...like 5'0". Which is okay if he was supposed to be.

But overall, the shading is definitely working in your favor and the detail is great...just a few minor details! =]
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:12 am
Rydia says...

You have some good detail. The first is well drawn but I think the head is a touch too large and perhaps some of the hair should be covering her face.

The second is cool but I think the mouth needs a little work. The hair is super though and you have some nice shading.

The third is my favourite. The shading is good and the expression is perfect! The hand gripping the bow needs a little work but overall, very good.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:25 am
Emma says...

Your pictures are really good. Just use a little more shading and that would be you all dandy. Better than what I could do anyway, so keep up the good work. (:!

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:07 pm
GingerLizzy says...

These are fabulous.

I love the firsy, how she's sort of staring into space and daydreaming. About who I wonder? Anyhoo, I love how they look and did you use charcoal?
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:50 am
Areida says...

Yeeeeeaaaaah! Whoever doesn't like Faramir has some kind of psychological issue that they should have checked out. He's great. :D

Your drawings are great too! The shading on the girl in the first one didn't quite work out... I'm not realy sure why her forehead is so white and smooth... more texture there would help, I think. But I really like the angle. It's just such a good thinking pose, and you captured the "I'm not here" look really nicely.

On the second one, I don't really think he looks much like Elijah Wood, but it's definitely a Frodo expression. Looks good. :D

The third one really looks like the actor who plays Faramir in the movies (sorry, don't know his name :?), but the shading on the neck is a little wonky... It sort of makes it look like he doesn't have one...

But, all in all, very nice! I love pencil drawings. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:34 pm
Myth says...

1 — You've done really well on this one. Her hair is fantastic. I don't have anything else to say expect she doesn't really have a chest, sorry to bring that up and the arm she's leaning on should be a little straight.

2 — I love it when people draw their own versions of characters. His hair is my favourite thing about him. His eyes seem on the large side while his lips are feminine and thing.

3 — Faramir! He does look like the actor who plays him. You should work on the shadow falling across his face because of his hood. I love the detail of the white tree and his hand holding the bow.

Can't wait to see more of your work =]
.: ₪ :.

'...'

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:07 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

Wowie! :)

I could definetly tell who the last two were and i don't even know much about Lord Of The Rings so you must of done a good job. :D

You've done well doing the expressions on their faces.

The first one really looks like she is day dreaming and in a world of her own kind of. :)

Well done! Can't wait to see more! ^-^

x
So's your face

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:21 pm
EnchantressMuffin says...

I really love the first one. It's very dreamy and soothing, and her eyes are a beautiful shape. A lot of depth, which is hard to convey in pen. (Or pencil, or whatever you used... perhaps a mix. :P )

As for the others... I really like Faramir's hood and face, but I think that his face, if it's under a hood, should be a little more shadowy.

And Frodo's eyes are sort of popping out. Are they supposed to be like that?

Peace, love, chocolate.

Muffin

I have writer's block. I can't write. It is the will of the gods. Now, I must alphabetize my spice rack.
— Neil Gaiman