z

Young Writers Society

Photos by me [New Pictures added 12/09/07]

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:47 pm
Via says...

YES. I was just thinking that. I would edit it so the side of the stairway met the bottom two corners...evenly. It's really pretty though! But, I'd definitely make it straighter.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:14 am
Emerson says...

Well, tilted it and darkened it some, to bring out the shadows and such. I thought it looked better.

Took a while for me to figure out how to do that =/ The tilt thing. I'm glad I finally got it though! I love photo editors.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:21 am
Areida says...

The fish one is amazing, Clau. I love it!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:12 am
JC says...

Tres belle Clau!!! (or beau...is picture femme? oh well...)

Beatiful! I love the contrasting here. =D Yay!

lol.

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

2058 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:17 pm
Emerson says...

I took these all a while ago, but finally got around to cleaning them up...No titles, though. I'm horrible with titling things!

“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:38 pm
Rydia says...

Wow. That first is so colourful and it's such a breathe-taking close up. Seriously Claudette, I love it!

The second reminds me of a scene from a fairytale. The lake is really mystical and the lighting is surreal. Also, that tree stump is placed perfectly. Did you chop it down yourself? Lol. Perfect angle on this one!

The third has some good contrast but I'm distracted by the little purple flower to the left and the touch of red just above it. Then my eye sort of wanders over to what appears to be some body of water and I find myself wondering what that is. That's not necessarily a bad thing though and perhaps I'm just easily distracted. In fact, I'm really warming to it. A very unusual background and so intriguing.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

694 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:45 pm
Via says...

The first one is pretty, but still nothing has out done the fish! That one is seriously awesome.

I seriously need a photoshop program haha.

514 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:47 pm
JC says...

wow. The first one is beautiful, though a little bright...even for me. The colors are simply amazing though.

The second one is cool, but I've seen too many pictures of trees for to catch my eyes.

I think the third one is my favorite, because the way the colors are, or something...just...works. If you can somehow take the color away from the purple flower it would take even more attention to the focus of the pic, and it would be that much more amazing. =D

Good job Clau!

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:52 pm
Saphira says...

The first is breathtaking. I love the colours and everything.

The second is good though i think that the colours need sharpening, they seem bland to me.

The third is good and it has some charm. I think that you need to sharpen the flower as you get destracted by the background.

Very good!
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:20 pm
Fand says...

The problem with these three is that, though they're lovely photographs--the second in particular struck my eye--they wouldn't be out of place in a family photo album, or a collection of vacation photos. Nothing about them takes my breath away, which is what a real professional photo should do.

Photo 1) The colors are lovely, but the shot itself lacks an interesting perspective. How many times have you seen photographs of flowers taken from this very angle? Exactly. ^~

Photo 2) This one I do love. I would adjust the contrast a bit and maybe crop it, and the grassy area in the front really detracts from what could be a fantastic piece. Maybe you could minimize that?

Photo 3) *wince* What was the compositional idea behind this one? What were you trying to capture? And why did you place them in the frame thus? There's no movement in this piece; all of the energy is trapped between those two flowers, the eye bouncing back and forth, and with such a pastoral photograph, that really doesn't work at all. Really, if that purple flower wasn't there and you worked with lighting and contrast a little more, this could be quite good--but that one little flower's completely ruined what could have been a lovely shot.
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:29 pm
Alteran says...

First is very nice. The flower fills a good amount of space without overpowering the pic. It and the leaves pop out against the dark background making it pleaseing to the eye. The accent of the yellow on the edges of the leaves is also a very nice effect.

The second one is nice. It doesn't really do much for me but it is stll a nice pic.

The third one I think is brilliant. Again the flower pops out against a rather dull background and takes only a portion of the space. And with the rather dead looking flower next to it, it gives a lovely contrast.

Nice Work, Clau :D
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

2058 Reviews

Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:42 am
Emerson says...

Some photos from the adventures, little to no edits other than cropping, on a few.

More tomorrow...
Last edited by Emerson on Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:45 am
Writersdomain says...

Those are gorgeous, Clau! I especially like the first two ones - they're from a glass exhibit at a museum in the area, right? I saw something like it at a museum in Indianapolis. Tis beautiful. I like the pictures of the water too. Beautiful. ^_^
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

514 Reviews

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:46 am
JC says...

Love the first, the seconds cool too...but I don't like the third. The fourth one is gorgeous, but the fifth is just some rocks...

So it evens out between the good and the alright.

But I still say perdy, just because I LOVE the first one. lol

-JC

694 Reviews

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:00 pm
Via says...

Ah! These are great! I LOVE the first one, especially. I think I would like it more without the random grey pole, though. The second is great as well! And even the third! Waterfalls are always pretty if in focus, so you win there! The last one is a little too...bland for me, though......not original enough.

Woo! I really do love the first one... :D

shady and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws
— Tuckster