z

Young Writers Society

Photos by me [New Pictures added 12/09/07]

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:03 pm
Emerson says...

I moved forward most of everything.. or at least, some I like, though the first two are just old ones.

Old Time Fishes

Fleur

I like the one with the fish more. My titles aren't very good, though.

Click on the image to see them larger. [and better]

Step Up

Not as edited as the other two, I just ran a filter over it to bring out the greens. I liked it as is.

In memoriam

Carry My Pain I

Carry My Pain II

Last edited by Emerson on Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:51 pm, edited 8 times in total.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Fabien says...

I'd agree the one with the goldfish is a better photograph. The orange and the green go well together, it's a visually pleasing balance of color.

The flower photo on the other hand... The contrast & saturation is too much. Even with the blurred background and the somewhat detailed foreground. It's too blurry. The red color in the top right corner shouldn't be brighter than the subject you're trying to portray. My attention was diverted to that corner as soon as I looked at the photo because of the vivid color. I didn't even see the flower at first, and that's not a good thing. If you didn't title it 'Fleur' I probably wouldn't have noticed the flower at all.

Good luck with working out the kinks.

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:01 pm
whence says...

I love the fishies one :D

the colors just complement each other wonderfully
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:55 am
Rydia says...

I love the variety of fishes in the first and the others are right, the colours are perfect. I like the shubumkins best. And no I can never spell that word... Basically the ones that are blue with red, black and white spots. I have loads at home =)

I'm not so fond on the other picture. There isn't enough contrast for the flower to stand out and there's generally too much yellow in the picture.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:39 pm
Via says...

The goldfish one is awesome! I LOVE the colors!

..I seriously need a photoshop program. Find yours yet?? =]

Awesome though, really! Looks a lot like a painting.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:42 pm
Prosithion says...

I saw both of them on Messenger.

Neat neat!

Ameteur photography is pretty cool. (I wouldn't know) ^_~

-Pros
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:21 pm
Dream Deep says...

The colors here are brilliant, Till. ^_^

(Though I do like the first one a bit better - in 'Fleur' the background's too blurry, it disrupts the flower.)

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:51 am
LowKey says...

ow...Fleur hurts my eyes... :shock:
Fish one rocks. The word that comes to mind is crisp. The colors are amazing there. I love it. :D
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:22 am
JC says...

The fishes are beautiful. You're right, that one is better.

I think the second one has such a blurry background, and the flower is so oddly shaped that it becomes hard to see. Also, the orange blends too much with the background.

Very pretty though Clau!
-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:23 pm
Leja says...

Wow. Gorgeous pictures the both of them. The first one is cool because it almost seems like the fish are floating midair. But I must say, I love the second one. It looks like the flower is growing out of the background.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:57 pm
Lynlyn says...

These are both beautiful, but I think the second one in particular is a little... oversaturated? The brightness of the colors makes it hard to know where to look. Your flower is already in a slightly unusual place for a focal point, so I think that maybe a subtle Gaussian blur would have been a better option for bringing it to the front of the piece (I'm assuming you used some sort of filter on this photograph, as these both look like they've been tweaked in an editing program). That's just my opinion, though.

The first one is absolutely beautiful; it's my favorite of the two :) although the intense colors make the shadows on the rocks look a little washed out, I think it's a good choice because it brings out the colors of the fish and the water (the green/red contrast especially).
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

2058 Reviews

Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:06 pm
Emerson says...

So, we all agree that the flower picture isn't good. I agree! That's settled...
Last edited by Emerson on Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:09 pm
Rydia says...

That one's very pretty. The angle is perfect and that filter really does highlight the trees well. I wish there was a pretty lighthouse near me.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:17 pm
Lynlyn says...

Ooh, wow. That's gorgeous. The angle is very neat - even though the steps aren't level in the foreground, the lighthouse in the background looks fairly straight. (Or maybe I just need new glasses). It's like a visual paradox. Very nice, and very crisp.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

2058 Reviews

Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:43 pm
Emerson says...

I could edit it so that the picture is straighter [I was probably standing crooked...] would it look nicer like that?

Ogres are like onions.
— Shrek