z

Young Writers Society

via pulls a stirly

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:31 am
Via says...

I apparently have no life after work now, since I just keep doing these.

But, here is Jasmine in color. The top left side of her hair I started doing in colored pencil, and then permanented it so the shine bounced off when I took the picture--it really looks exactly like the rest of her hair in person.

Oh, and I had a fight with her mouth, so she doesn't have one. Minor details.

I had a fight with the right hand as well, but instead of having her be handless I just left it in there all retarded. I just wanted to color!! Haha.

My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:48 am
Alteran says...

Woot!

Aerial looks cool! A much beter face job. not lopsided or anything. Her waist seemed a bit tiny to me.

Jasmine is a bit scary....Her lack of mouth makes me want to scream. Alos her head looks unproportional to her body.

Other than that looks cool :D
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:50 am
stirly says...

Jasmine critique (I'll edit in the Ariel one later :D):

Her sleeve isn't connected to an actual top, so it appears as if she has a random cloth running across her colarbone and her boobs are completely exposed (Or they would be, if it weren't for her wonderfully thick hair :p) The hands, though drawn well, seem too small.

Her head is too big for the body, as well as her eyes and nose. Also, her cheek should be more round, and there should probably be a jaw (It sometimes comes in handy B) )

Still, an excellent job. Good work!

Ariel peice:
Though it doesn’t exactly follow the original style of drawing her, I actually really like it. I especially like her nose. As Glen Keene once said, though, you should never be able to see her eyelashes unless you’re RIGHT up in her face, and if you do see it from a bit of a distance they should be exceptionally small, and give an extremely subtle effect (Not an actual quote, but that’s pretty much what he said :D) The hair is brilliant. Her bangs aren’t connected to her head on the right side (Her left), but other than that its exceptionally good. Her left shoulder, though, could use some work. I think she busted her collarbone or something. The funky little see-through thing that separates the human from the fish should probably be centered with the body instead of the paper, though. She’s a person, so she’s bound to not be flat. Her left boob isn’t sticking out far enough, and her rib cage is sticking out far too much. Her boobs deflated and turned into her ribcage… how very unusual :D The tale should probably start at the same place, but I could be wrong. Overall, an excellent piece. None of the mistakes are unbelievably noticeable, and you accentuated the uber good parts quite nicely. I like it!
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

694 Reviews

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:09 am
Via says...

Jasmine:

I know the sleeve isn't connected to the rest of her top!! How odd is that??? BUT that's how it was in the picture so I didn't change it. I seriously thought that too, but I let it go...I was like "...um, no middle?" lol.

I actually also noticed the hands being too small OR the head being too large, but I was pretty much done drawing it once I got done fighting with them so I let them go haha. It was late.

No jaw is the picture though!

Ariel:

I really did have a serious problem finding a good picture for her. I should probably link to the pictures so you all could see them.

I had the same thought about the ribcage before I started drawing it, believe it or not. It is most definitely protruding beyond normal measures in the picture, so it is in the drawing haha.

..I guess I don't really know what you mean about the tail? One day I will find these pictures again and post them haha.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:44 am
Myth says...

Ariel is wonderful! I think Jasmine is supposed to be a little darker, missing mouth is scary!
.: ₪ :.

'...'

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:37 pm
stirly says...

My uber random recommendation:

Don't use any one ref :D

Use bundles of them! Then, practice a bit with the character, pick a pose, and draw. Copying only one picture can sometimes mislead a person. BETTER YET- rent the movie, pause it, and copy that. You can't beat the masters :D

Sorry about the tail thing! This is sort of what I meant:

I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

694 Reviews

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:47 pm
Via says...

Ah! i totally own that movie too! But, I have no pause button on my ghetto VHS player (because DVD players are too high tech for my technology killing fingertips). Anyway, here are the pictures that I've used to go from...

Jasmine:
http://i13.piczo.com/view/1/3/0/5/c/f/6/y/8/k/8/9/img/i64904120_39967.gif?redirsrc=img

Ariel:
http://www.disney-vacation-time.com/img/ariel/ariel-4.jpg

Belle:
http://www.disney-vacation-time.com/img/belle/belle-4.jpg

Pocahontas:
http://www.cartoondollemporium.com/disney/pocahontas4.jpg

I'm not sure if I will get to another one tonight or not, hopefully so but I have packing, laundry, and a small child who deperately wants to go swimming tonight. Hopefully! Score for the longest day of the year!

694 Reviews

Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:20 am
Via says...

Cinderella! Yes, no shading. I'm tired haha.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:49 am
Alteran says...

uhhhh.....errrr......

Well her face is streched to far to the left. Is it just me or are her Breasts like way lopsided.

This is what I mean by her head.(Not the best example but I'm sure you get the idea) I saved your pic and stretched it down in paint:

"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

694 Reviews

Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:55 am
Via says...

Yup, totally noticed that when I uploaded the picture, but by then it was too late to deal with. I think the problem with the boobs is the neckline of the drees, which is lopsided. I farted around with the breatline for like a million years and I couldn't put it anywhere that looked right....so my conclusion is it's the fault of the neckline. =]

694 Reviews

Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:10 am
Via says...

It's the Evil Queen person from Snow White.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:08 pm
Rydia says...

Pocahontus - Not so fond of this one.

Ariel - She's brilliant. I love the facial expression and the colouring is great.

Jasmine - Fine as long as you don't look at her face. The lack of mouth really throws it off.

Cinderella - I have to agree that she looks very stretched and it's not the best angle to draw her from because the neck looks kind of funny. It's recognisable though which is much more than can be said for my own drawings.

Evil queen - The eyes are brilliant and she looks very.. well evil. Lol. A little more shading would be nice though.

Keep them coming!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

694 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:56 am
Via says...

I loved doing the evil queen! Her eyebrows were just amazing.

I may pick this back up, I suddenly remember how fun this was ;)

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:09 pm
Gwenevire says...

You always have to start with the face!
Some of the body parts are a little miss proportional.
Like in your first one the left arm is really short and her face is a little weird.
In your second one her arms are to skinny compared to her body.
In your third one. One breast looks a little bigger than the other and she is way to skinny! Her face doesn't really resemble those of the little mermaid.
And as I said. Its always important to start with the face and work your way down. If the face does not look right it messes up your entire drawing.
I see you have more...
Well just take my advise for the first three and look for those faults in the others :D

Keep Trying!
Genevieve
xxx

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
— Mark Twain