z

Young Writers Society

via pulls a stirly

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:05 am
Via says...

So, I was bored...so I decided to try my hand at Disney characters/style. This started out as a picture of Belle from Beauty and the Beast, and it was totally Belle up until I did the face (which was the last thing) and it looked a little japanese or something haha. So...I don't know. Here it is anyway.

Oh, and yes...I know the picture is dark. It's a picture of my drawing (the scanner is currently in storage).

Last edited by Via on Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:29 am
Alteran says...

It all looks good save the face.

Her eyes are lopsided and out of alighnment. The nose and lips are ok. Her nose could use a little more shading to help add depth to it.

Her jaw is way off. It needs to be pushed to the right a little.

Her body and stuff are all cool. the rose is really nice. I think you can earase it and sort it all out. Good luck.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:53 am
stirly says...

The exact same critique as above^

Anyway, you totally nailed the dress. Especially the way that the skirt flows out of the torso. Well done!

Her forearms, though, seem whithered. They sort of really shrunk. Though the fingers are shaped perfectly, they're too skinny too. No worries, though. Appendages were probably created SIMPLY to annoy artists.

Excellent job!
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:58 am
whence says...

nice job on the rose and hair! Though I'm not exactly certain how the rose isn't falling... XD

Oh, and her ear seems a bit high.

But well done!
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:12 pm
Rydia says...

It's a very close replica of Belle until you get to the face. The eyebrows droop too much and her expression is rather disturbing. Also the neck looks wrong because of the angle of the face. It is good though and the rose is very pretty.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:39 pm
Myth says...

Maybe change the angle of her face? Nice drawing though, I love her bodice and the sleeves.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

694 Reviews

Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:32 pm
Via says...

Hehe, thanks. I know the limbs are retarded, but they could have been worse. And the left eyebrow is weird and the right eye is off a bit. But as far as the angle of the face/chin, that is actually how it was in the picture I looked from, so that is actually on target.

Anyway, I got a little excited and did another one tonight....so here is miss Pocahontas (bodyless below the chest haha). And yes, that's my thumb holding it haha.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:41 pm
Poor Imp says...

Same remarks as those above for Belle. ^_^

...I think you've got Pocohontas quite a bit more balanced in proportions. But her shoulders seem...ah, broken? Crumpled rather. I very much like the face. (Is her cheekbone a bit off on the left though? It might be the mouth and the straight line of the cheek, as well - not sure. o0')

^_^

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

694 Reviews

Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:58 pm
Via says...

Actually yes, the left cheek bone is just a little too high. I noticed that when I went to draw the eyes, but by then I was too lazy to change it because it was the last thing I did on it. =]

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:58 am
Alteran says...

Yeah it's much better as far as face. Much closer. I think that whole left side could come down a bit. Just a bit.

You seemed to havev pulled her right side in. Her shoulder needs to be higher and the top line of her clothing is to high up.

And it sorta loks like she's holding her breast with her elbow.

Looks nice. I look forward to another one. Do Aerial next :D
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:12 pm
Saphira says...

Belle: The body and the dress are perfect! The rose is really nice and it really stands out. I think that the face is out of proportion and the jaw is a bit wonky but i think that it is a really good drawing.

Pocahontas: The dress and necklace is really good and the head is in better proportions. I think that it is really good and it looks like her!
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

694 Reviews

Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:16 pm
Via says...

Haha, okay!

Ariel, per request....

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:19 pm
Snoink says...

Arial looks... too happy.

Belle is my favorite because she always looks pretty.

Pochahontas is... um... her shoulder scares me. But I like her expression.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:20 pm
Alice says...

Wow these are really good, I'd never be able to be that good at people, even cartoons, kudos to writeme.
I just lost the game.

694 Reviews

Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:25 pm
Via says...

I agree, Ariel is too happy. But, that's how she was in the picture. I had a hell of a time trying to find a decent non-knock-off picture of Ariel to look from, and this was the best I found. So yes, enjoy her over-joyous expression =]

Perhaps when we find ourselves wanting everything, it is because we are dangerously close to wanting nothing.
— Sylvia Plath