z

Young Writers Society

Your basic art thread

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:23 pm
Rydia says...

I love the guy. His outfit is absolutely amazing and the hair is great, especially the moustache and beard. The way you've crossed his arms is a little awkward because it looks like he's missing a hand but the hat more than makes up for it. I think you know the other area that needs a little work and the pink teddy bear adds some nice contrast and really draws the eye. No pupils though? Scary.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:37 am
stirly says...

My latest and greatest deviantID:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61454311/
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:50 am
Via says...

I really like the color schemes. She has a really dumb/blank expression on her face, which I think is great for your character description but if you weren't going for that then you might want to do a little editing for it!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

106 Reviews

Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:37 am
stirly says...

Nope, that was exactly what I was going for :D Unfortunately, I have a nasty habbit of zoning out quite a bit, especially when I'm leaning on something.
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:45 am
Alteran says...

I liked her a great deal. The description on the side was nicely done as well. It fills the space without making it clutteres.

Her eyes bothered me a bit though. It might just be the way her head is titled but they seemed off some how. It's probably just me though.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:47 am
Rydia says...

I think she's brilliant. Or rather, you're brilliant I suppose. Lol. I love the hair and the expression reminds me of myself when I'm day-dreaming. The outfit is really cool and I love the colour purple so great choice. The bottom love heart is a touch crooked but other than that, it's really good.
Writing Gooder

106 Reviews

Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:35 am
stirly says...

Whence once thought I was a blonde.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61548412/

An avatar for Shadow on TeenageWriters:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61552603/

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:46 am
Evangelina says...

OMG! Stirly!!! You're here! Everything is better now. And yes, I thought you were blonde too.
Break the boundaries, hunt the hunter, and leave me a tip.
----to kill or not to kill

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:31 am
Alteran says...

Waffle girl is uber cool. I think the hand holding the notepad isn't quite right though. I would have liked the blush to b aibt more blended. Other than that she makes me laugh.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

106 Reviews

Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:32 am
stirly says...

Evangelina wrote:OMG! Stirly!!! You're here! Everything is better now. And yes, I thought you were blonde too.

You're here?! WOOT!!!

I'm officially a blonde on the inside :D

To Adams:
Yeah, that hand is definately a bit off. The cheeks... there is no explanation. I think I wanted it to be uber bold and "I'M FRIGGIN' HAPPY! EAT THE WAFFLE OR DIE!"-ish. I definately went over the top with em'.

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:00 am
whence says...

"I think I wanted it to be uber bold and "I'M FRIGGIN' HAPPY! EAT THE WAFFLE OR DIE!"-ish. I definately went over the top with em'."

I just laughed at loud. And with it being 1am and all, that's necessarily a good thing :smt106
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:55 pm
Rydia says...

I think the first one is really good but I have to agree that the blush should be paler and blended a touch more. Also, I'd love to see what colour eyes she has but then, I suppose that would ruin the expression which is, by the way, just perfect. Your choice of colours is good too.

The avatar is nice. His chin is rather pointed but then I don't know what Shadow looks like. The hair is great and I love the colour of the eyes.
Writing Gooder

106 Reviews

Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:51 pm
stirly says...

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61691711/

Lily Potter.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:12 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Whoop! Can you say, "Ariel hair"?

A couple of things:

1. The wand
...stubby and chunky. XD

2. The eyes
are not almond-shaped or startlingly green!! :twitches:

3. The color of her vest/tie
are Gyffindor colors, and they're supposed to be grey, I think, at least until second year.

4. The freckles look like zits! Try a browner color. :P

Other than that, I like it. :D
ohmeohmy

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:45 pm
tinny says...

Ooo funky!

The only thing I saw that Sumi hasn't pointed out is that I think her neck looks a little too long. It seems sorta strained and uncomfortable to me.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much all of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy