z

Young Writers Society

Your basic art thread

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:55 am
stirly says...

If it doesn't fit in one of my other numberous threads, its gonna be dumped here.

The first image:

THE BEST VERSION OF THE FOLLOWING PICTURE:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/57755768/

In the third grade my father and I stumbled upon a mini-series called The Tenth Kingdom. We bought it on DVD soon afterwords, and its one of the few things we've kept throughout all of our moves. About every six months or so I'll pull em' out and watch them again. Anyway, this is the result.

Wolf: The PMSer of the group.

Virginia: Her mumsikins ran out on her to become a witch... so sad. Her neck is too long and her boobs are too small, but it doesn't seem to be bothering her.

Prince: You bet he is a guy trapped in a dog's body!

Sally Peep: A random character from like, two episodes. She was fun to color.
Last edited by stirly on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:00 am
whence says...

gah. My neighbor has been bugging me for 6 months to watch those movies.
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

106 Reviews

Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:07 am
stirly says...

Don't. Seriously- it isn't worth your time. The acting is horrible and the plot line is totally predictable. The characters (other than the actors that portray them) are relatively interesting though. None of them are particularly pleasant, but they're certainly different than most fairy tale protagonists.
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:51 pm
Via says...

I like the chick with the short hair and the long neck. I want to make her dance in Annie.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:56 pm
Emerson says...

I really love your drawings. They make me wish I could draw :-p They look so cool. I'm absolutely jealous.

I love the "puppy dog" and Sally Peep. Awesome, awesome, awesome.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

694 Reviews

Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:58 pm
Via says...

I know, I love them too lol. I think you should do a drawing of me XD

106 Reviews

Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:05 pm
stirly says...

write me wrote:I know, I love them too lol. I think you should do a drawing of me XD

Oakie Pokes!
How do you want it colored?
Option number one: Simple, relatively quick. Basically, it is where I add shadows to the clothing and chunks of highlights to the hair.
Option number two: Something more like my most recent self portrait. It takes a bit longer, but it produces an artsy sort of look. Basically, I add shading, undertones, and highlights to pretty much everything.

Background? What do you want to look like?

Sorry if you weren't serious and you really don't want a picture made for you :D Unfortunately, I've made up my mind to do it. Again, sorry!

694 Reviews

Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:11 pm
Via says...

Lol awesome! I'm definitely in! This picture is definitely my favorite of yours so far, so I'll have to go with that kind of option.

Ooo Background, hmm...I'm not really sure I suppose.

I can PM you a picture or something if you want? Or you could make it how you think I look like haha.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:14 pm
Emerson says...

Ooh... I want one... *pouts*
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

106 Reviews

Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:16 pm
stirly says...

Just PM me some pictures of you, and tell me exactly what you want the picture to look like :D

Claudette-
Oakie Pokes, you can have one too :)
Same questions:
Option 1 or 2 for coloring?
What, exactly, do you want?
Background?

etc. etc.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:28 pm
Rydia says...

Lol. You're going to wish you hadn't started offering portraits, everyone will want one! As for these, Sally is absolutely stunning and Wolf is gorgeous but I'm not so sure about his mouth and maybe an annoyed or angry expression would work better?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

106 Reviews

Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:39 pm
stirly says...

kitty15 wrote:Lol. You're going to wish you hadn't started offering portraits, everyone will want one! As for these, Sally is absolutely stunning and Wolf is gorgeous but I'm not so sure about his mouth and maybe an annoyed or angry expression would work better?

Wolf just sort of sucks :D
When you think of him, you don't really see someone who is annoyed/angry, because he really doesn't have the attention span or drive to really be mad about something. Still, you don't really see him as frightened, because he also has his acts of bravery. You want to think of him as being in love, but that throws out all of the other expressions that are common for him. Peppy would work, but what about his quick temper? He switches up his emotions too often to pin down any one of them without ruining the others. So, rather than try to be creative, I slapped a relatively confused expression on his face and called it great. Mainly I was too lazy to pause the movie at any other spot and I'm trying to come up with an excuse for my laziness :p

Yeah.... his mouth is a bit funky.

You bet I'm beginning to regret it :D Maybe I'll make everyone buy it from here on out.....

Other than the first two people that have requested portraits/pictures in general, anyone else that wants a picture has to go to my site and request a commision. They're five dollars each, and I work through pay pal.

Link to site:
www.future-disney-animator.piczo.com

My guess is that not many people will want pictures from here on out.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:29 pm
Rydia says...

Lol. Yeah, you pretty much solved that problem but there may be a few vain people willing to pay and your work is very good.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:56 pm
whence says...

eck, not stirly syndrome again -rolls eyes-

First you infest TW with your virus, and now that you've sucked the life out of it, you go for YWS?!?! Soon we'll all be stuck with Absinthe Muse, or whatever it is. That place is odd enough to be immune.
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

106 Reviews

Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:42 am
stirly says...

The half-commision for claudette.

Claudette: You would make an excellent flapper.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, you eat for a day. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.
— Ron Swanson (Parks and Rec)