z

Young Writers Society

Portraits--Reese, John, Guitars, Random Guy

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed May 30, 2007 3:55 am
Via says...

Completely random still portrait

Some random guy in a magazine. The flash from the camera bounces off the lead badly.

I took this one just to show you what it looked like without the flashglare. But, it was too dark then so I tried to lighten it up with shading and what not--just know that most the shading on this one is not actually there, only the shading on the one above haha.

John Cusack. And yes, it's the picture that's fuzzy, not the drawing hehe.

Reese Witherspoon. The lighting was horrible when I look this picture too...unfortunately I could only make it too dark OR too bright, so I went with too bright.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Wed May 30, 2007 5:47 am
Sohini says...

Those must have been difficult to draw and I appreciate the way you've got the limbs and everything else in the correct proportion.
I liked the first one though I can't make out what it is!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed May 30, 2007 5:56 am
Emerson says...

Awesome! The guys face looks weird (the one you have twice) but either way you still draw better than me! Those aren't that bad at all =]
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:16 am
JC says...

Woah! Shiny pants! hehe =D I love the first thing you drew, it was awesome in a weird way.
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:40 am
Fabien says...

I like your first one. The guitar case is a nice touch and how a part of it is wrapped up. Plus I like the cloth draped over the back bicycle wheel; the folds are done really well. I envy you on the shirt and how you managed with the shading and contrast, just the overall look of it.
The surrounding world
was an ugly one,
but we needed no beauty
other than the light
within each other's eyes. - "Modern World" * topic15452

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:26 am
Myth says...

I like the last two! But can't see Reese properly.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:07 pm
Areida says...

Ohh, weird... it really does look like John Cusack! Hehe. Nice work. The guitar one is really cool. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:11 pm
stirly says...

The proportions are excellent, especially on the random guy from a magazine. The faces seem to be a bit out of proportion, though. There's something that doesn't seem real about them. The random guy's face is unsymetrical, and Reese's mouth seems a tad bit out of place. Overall, though, they are all excellent peices. The only thing you really need is to practice a bit more, and thats it. Again, great job!
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:26 pm
oregongirl says...

WOW these were amazing! I loved how you did the faces and they were sort of life like!

Good job!

ML,
oregongirl
OREGONGIRL

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:14 pm
Fand says...

John Cusack's chin was a little too narrow and pointy, and there was something odd about the other guy's face--but I love the first one! Great composition.
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:30 pm
whence says...

Dude. shiny pants ftw. Why would you try to fix that?
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:47 am
Jennafina says...

I love the first one. There's so much to look at, and at first I couldn't tell what I was looking at, but it's in a good way. The details like the spring and the wrinkles make it special. I think this would be better if you added a floor so the cello doesn't look like it's floating.

I don't really like the guy's face, he looks evil. I don't like the teeth, I think they're too defined. Also, the nose is too narrow, and the eyebrows look plastic-y. His chest looks really realistic, and I like the belt. Proportionately, hands shold be about the same size as the face. His are too small.

Really awesome shading on the next man's face. His eyes look like they're staring at something, not just out into space, and he looks alive. He's my favorite of your drawings.

Reese is kind of hard to see. Her eyes are too big, and I think they're too high up on her face. Great lips. :)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:17 am
electricbluemonkey says...

I needs me some of them shiny pants.

And the guitar looks really weird. The closest thing it looks like is a large acoustic twelve-string that I saw in Santa Cruz. Though acoustics don't have any bolts or nails, since they might crack the wood or change the sound.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:16 am
gymnast_789 says...

All of these are really neat.

I like the first one, I think that the guitar looks a little weird though.

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:25 pm
GingerLizzy says...

The guy has a manic grin, but you have the body in proportion and what not, which I find is always super hard to do.

I love the John Cusack one, it actually looks like him. =]
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.
— Anne Lamott