z

Young Writers Society

The White Death Photos

Reviews: 4
Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:21 am
silent_halo says...

i love them! it must bw really cold for them to end up like that!

Random avatar

Reviews: 57
Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:19 pm
darkdove says...

Ok I have to admit your pictures are great,but I do have something to say.
Its all in the same area and there's no range and I would have really like to see more of the area.

Its obvious you've had some photograph experience, buts its also obvious you need some more work with it. Good Luck! :D

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:43 pm
cat4prowl says...

O.O beautiful...

the second one is my favorite

great job!

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:24 am
MidnightVampire says...

I like these, the second one I believe is the best. I did like the stairs though, I take pics of those types of things. Mainly because they seem to be the sorta thing no one notices. (though the pic would look lovely w/o them. But you already tried that... so its fine.
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:00 pm
View Likes
GryphonFledgling says...

The first one is my favorite. I just like the way the stairs and ice draw you in, like a portal. My only complaint is that I am not sure what is supposed to be the focal point of the picture. I like the curvy branch that looks like an arch, but if you were to delete the empty space above that, just the half-inch or so (on my computer) it would tighten up the picture. But that's just my opinion.

The second was lovely. Bare tree branches are always pretty and you got the whole tree!

On the third, I loved the branches, but the stair railing off to the left is really bugging me...

I don't really like number four. I'm not really sure why, but it just doesn't grab me.

I liked the openness of number five. It was great winterwonderland stuff in the wide open as opposed to the close up shots. It was a nice change and a good picture.

Six was really sad. I liked the way that you faded the edges out. It really just draws you into it.

I liked the last one. The railing is a little distracting, but overall, I just like the way the branches are trying to reach out of the picture.

Great job. I wish I could get bored like this... :D

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:29 am
Made_In_Demise says...

Oooo. They're all really pretty. I think I enjoy them all equally.

First: This is pretty. Except I'm not a fan of those pesky little footprints there. XD And was this taken in black and white or is there just that much black and white around?

Second: I love pictures of nature and this has to be one of the better ones I've seen. That's a really tall tree...XD

Third: Pine cones freeze? Since when?

Fourth: Some of the tree looks all frozen...it's pretty! And from a very good angle. I like trees. o_o

Fifth: Different angle of the same tree from picture two? The only thing I'm disliking is those two pesky people standing under the tree there. It's still really pretty, though...

Sixth: Whoa. That's gorgeous. I love the whole black and white thing going on, too. It makes it look much more prettier than it probably would look in color. The tree being bent over from the ice and then the icicle branches practically touching the ground are gorgeous.

Seventh: Woohoo yellow! I'm not really liking this photograph, though. I think this one might be my least favorite of all seven, actually. I'm not really sure why, though...

Well, they're all really good. I like almost all of them...you seem to be very skilled. :D Keep up the good work? I don't know what you say to a good photographer...

-Mid
"The things that we're frightened of, or told to be frightened of, are not necessarily the things that we need to fear."
-Michael Moore

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:00 am
Firearris says...

Hi Via!!!

1. I like it, but the stairs ruin the whole effect and look! :( The tree looks really awesome though.

2. I like this one because you see more than the tree, you can see the ground covered in the fluffy white snow, and you can see the other trees in the back round. :D But to the far left, it looks like there is a building, but you can't really tell if it is a building or something else.

3. I really like this one because you see the little brown things are frozen and the branches are freezing too. The only problems is that you can see a part of a brick chimney through the branches. The other problem is that you can see parts of the cement, the stairs, the railing, and the fence.

4. I like the look of the branches hanging down and the ice forming/formed all over them! But again, you see the cement, fence, and railing.

5. To the left of the biggest tree, you can tell two people are there. Also, you can see a street lamp and a road to the farther right side. Other than that, it is pretty good. :)

6. My only problem with this picture is you see the rail, cement, and the fence again. Other wise, it is a pretty picture.

7. I really like the lighting in this one! But again, you see the fence, railing, and cement in this. Other than that, it is a really nice picture.

This must be VERY cold where you are!!! It can get pretty cold where I am, but not that cold! :razz:

I really enjoyed these pictures and thought that they were really nice besides the stairs, cement, railing, and fence. (And other things like roads, people, and street lamps/lights.). :D

Good luck and good job with this and any/all of your future pictures!

Firearris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:06 pm
Teague says...

O_O Cold cold cold cold cold...

I swear the temperature in my room just dropped ten degrees from looking at these. xD

Numbers two, three, and six are my favourites. Two is just... awesome, three is kind of trippy what with the tree seed doohickeys frozen like that in the ice. And I love the Photoshopping on the sixth one, making the edges all black like that. Nice touch. :D

I really like the footprints at the bottom of the first one. They add... something to the photo although I'm not exactly sure how to word it. xD

The fourth photo is trippy in the same sense as the third one, but I like the third one more because it's more detailed. Not saying that the fourth one is bad, though. ;)

The fifth one... WHOA I just now noticed the people under the tree. I know they were probably random, but a nice touch would've been to put them in the middle of the photo, in that blank expanse. But that was probably just an accident.

And that last one... interesting colour effects. The yellow is a good contrast. What's that called, antique, right? Meh.

Excellent photos! :D

-Saint Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

We are discreet sheep; we wait to see how the drove is going, and then go with the drove.
— Mark Twain