z

Young Writers Society

The White Death Photos

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:19 pm
Via says...

I got a little picture crazy today...something about being stuck in my dorm and having no classes for two days :)

My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am
Cade says...

Haha, it gets like that around where I live, too.

I think the second one is the best, because it has just one central point, the tree. It also has good contrast.

I really like the tree part of the third one, but the stairs behind are really distracting. Same for the sixth.

The last one seems too busy - no central point, just all these branches. The sepia-tone doesn't really work for it, either.

Colleen
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

694 Reviews

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:24 am
Via says...

I know, the stairs drive me nuts too. I tried to move them, but apparently they aren't easily swayed.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:43 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Ah, nice. The second and the last are the best. I wish it was like that here in San Diego. It was hot as hell today.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:07 am
Myth says...

I love them! They remind me of the view outside my window. Mind if I save some?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:48 pm
Sponson Light says...

Warms my heart to see such thick layers of ice.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

694 Reviews

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:23 pm
Via says...

electric: I will switch you in a second. I can't even get my car out of the parking spot [not that I could go far anyway...considering my gas door is frozen shut and I'm on E].

myth: have at it!

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:59 pm
Wesley says...

How did you get a picture of my backyard haha.

I have lots of ice and snow. Nice pics i love the shiny ice. Contrast to the concrete

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:48 am
Shine says...

Thats really nice.

I like the shiny ice in the third one.

The second and the last are the best.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:43 am
gymnast_789 says...

Reminds me of where I live, I really like the 4th one.

694 Reviews

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:11 pm
Via says...

Thanks for the feedback guys. Honestly though, I really was just completely bored out of my mind and there was ice everywhere so I went and took some pictures--not really trying to make them anything special.

But now I feel special! :D

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:03 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Time for some constructive criticism. I've never actually critiqued photos before, but I'll try anyway.

The first photo is pretty good. I love the giant frozen tree, but it would look much better if you stepped a couple of yards back and got a bigger picture.

Same with the second one. It'd be a whole lot better if you stepped further back and photographed the whole tree.

The third is...perfect. Awesome. A closeup of just a couple of branches would be nice.

For the fourth, step a little bit more to the left or find a better angle. It looks like just a random picture that you took without even trying. Just try to center the tree a bit more.

I like the fifth one, and how the two trees are on the sides and how you can see the others in the distance.

Ah...the sixth one is my favorite by far. Depressing and...just a great photo. If only the windows weren't there...

The last is great, but again, I'd like it a lot better if the windows weren't there.

Hope I helped.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:47 am
KingKamor says...

Oooohh! *gazes at them for a bit* I've always liked ice. All of the pics are very beautiful. But, like others said, the stairs were kind of annoying. XD

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:28 pm
Alainna says...

I really like the second picture because it gives an almost erie feel and it is very well captured. It reminds me of when it snowed round where I live......

xxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:25 am
irish_lad2011 says...

Frankly i like the one wiht the Pine Cones. Reminds me of home..........But some seem to crowded srr yto say but they are nice!

here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a treee called life; which grows higher than the soul can home or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
— e.e. cummings