Young Writers Society

Andrew's Rabbits

178 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 178
Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:38 pm
View Likes
MaybeAndrew says...

My family owns two rabbits, Doc and Honey-pie, they are very cute and will be having babies like every couple of months, so here you can watch these bunnies grow up.

A disclaimer: These animals are meat rabbits, not pets, my family is trying to move away from factory-farmed meat to more sustainable and natural food sources. We don't have enough land to own anything bigger, so we got rabbits. Rabbit meat is very healthy, and we hope to give these rabbits the best life we can and believe it would be a better life than any cow or pig that lives on a huge farm.
BUT
They are also very, very cute, and I would like to share how cute they are with you. If you are uncomfortable with the fact I will one day eat most of these little cuties, I'm sorry about that, just look at the pictures and pretend it's never going to happen.

The babies were born Saturday, February the fifth, and were so cold I had to hold them against my body for warmth,
Previously Andrewknorpp, now less sure.

178 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:42 pm
View Likes
MaybeAndrew says...

February Fifth, 2022, Day One of Litter One

They were so cold I had to clutch one in either hand to warm them up, but they soon started squirming and woke up. Eight healthy bunnys.

178 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:46 pm
View Likes
MaybeAndrew says...

February Six, 2022, Day Two, Liter two

The little guys are already getting their fur and are very lively and squirmy
Attachments
bunny day two.jpg
bunny day two.jpg (26.84 KiB) Viewed 313 times

178 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:48 pm
View Likes
MaybeAndrew says...

February 7, 2022, Day Three, First Litter

They are super furry and so squirmy it's hard to keep them in my hand, their mamma seems very tired with the whole ordeal, and dad looks curious, I hope to show him one of his children soon.
Attachments
day three bunnys.jpg
day three bunnys.jpg (15.33 KiB) Viewed 311 times

178 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:43 pm
View Likes
MaybeAndrew says...

Feb 8, 2022, Day Four, First Litter

Bowl o' bunnues
The rabbits got a little cold last night (it seems their hay got wet from rain/their own urine) so we had to take them inside, warm them up in a warm bowl, and feed them a bit, they all seem to be doing well, though a couple are skinny.
On another note, I asked a girl to prom using a bunny-related pun (some bunny wants to go to prom with you) that was attached to a bunny stuffed animal I pulled out while showing her the bunnies.
She said yes.
It was fun all around.
More updates about the bunnies tomorrow, and I hope to name them within the week.
Attachments
IMG_0073.jpg

The ink in which our lives are inscribed is indelible.
— Helena 'HG' Wells, Warehouse 13