z

Young Writers Society

I also write songs

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:13 pm
View Likes
Asith says...

Disclaimer 1: These recordings are just demos! They're all recorded on my phone, and there's no real sound production behind them, which means they sound kinda bad. I just recorded them to have something to show, they're by no means fully polished songs! I take no responsibility for any ear damage :p
Disclaimer 2: I'm not a singer! d:
Seriously though, I can barely sing, and my voice is definitely going to be the worst parts of these demos, especially with the terrible recording quality. But that's okay, because what I really want to show off is my songwriting, and my instrument compositions :p

Okaay, disclaimers aside, here is a poorly recorded demo! It's a sad emo song about a girl, accompanied with an acoustic guitar, which could describe most of my songs :3
I hate to reiterate, but it's not going to sound pretty. This is a writing site, so I just wanted to post my song-writing, and it seemed pointless without a recording. The lyrics will be in the spoiler underneath, and criticism is welcome but not required :)
This is the first time I'm sharing my songs, yay me :3
Last edited by Asith on Tue May 10, 2022 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move."

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:05 pm
alliyah says...

Dude - this is good! [ALSO I totally relate to your disclaimers, because I very occasionally write songs too, but I feel like my singing is garbage] your voice sounded fine though! It's really hard to get a good recording in one-go, but volume and everything seemed decent. And your guitar playing is extremely catchy! I liked the pace of the whole song, that it really moved along each verse jumping into the next naturally.

I'm not sure I get the line "does your room still paint the street" - but there are some of these lines are really gems - the juxtaposition of someone calling themselves an insatiable animal, but also just talking about "anecdotes" is sweet - and the premises of ghosts and run-aways is really interesting, and makes the song's narrative really strong. Hope to hear/read more music from you!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:13 pm
View Likes
Asith says...

Spoiler! :
alliyah wrote:Dude - this is good! [ALSO I totally relate to your disclaimers, because I very occasionally write songs too, but I feel like my singing is garbage] your voice sounded fine though! It's really hard to get a good recording in one-go, but volume and everything seemed decent. And your guitar playing is extremely catchy! I liked the pace of the whole song, that it really moved along each verse jumping into the next naturally.

I'm not sure I get the line "does your room still paint the street" - but there are some of these lines are really gems - the juxtaposition of someone calling themselves an insatiable animal, but also just talking about "anecdotes" is sweet - and the premises of ghosts and run-aways is really interesting, and makes the song's narrative really strong. Hope to hear/read more music from you!

Aw, thanks! It's really nice to hear that someone else's songwriting is being bullied by their own voice :3
I guess rooms don't really go on the end of streets, I just thought it was a cute sentimental little hook - it may have even been the first line I wrote for this actually! :p

So I actually found this mp3 that I made a while ago. It's actually well-recorded this time, so that's great. On the other hand, it's not much of a song -- more of a calming sort of jingle. It started out as just the first guitar melody, Then I wrote a few lowkey ad-libbed lyrics over it, and stitched on another guitar riff to make it sound more full. Actual sound production is such a life-saver :p

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Work expands to fill the time available for its completion.
— C. Northcote Parkinson