z

Young Writers Society

My Art

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:34 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

It looks awesome! I love all the bright colours, and the bow is really cool!
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91

91 Reviews

Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:09 pm
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Made some more Akatuski no Yona fan-art today, this time of side characters Kaya and Zeno. As always, I'm a sucker for tragic heroes with sad backstories- especially when they're deceptively cheerful and optimistic in spite. So even though Zeno is only introduced in the second to last episode, he's tied with Yona for the spot of my favorite character and I felt compelled to draw him.

Translating his anime hair into my style was a pain and I completely gave up on the background, but I like it overall c:

91 Reviews

Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:34 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Sketch dump with more action pose practice and random doodles. Wasn't sure if it was worth posting online, but I thought I'd share anyways.

Between work and school and life being its stressful self, I haven't done very much personal art, writing, or music lately. Feels like I'm slowly being buried under a pile of missed deadlines and procrastination -_-

I feel guilty for just taking the time to make these sketches lol. Hopefully I'll have more time for art over winter break.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:34 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

It's incredible how even in just your "practice doodles" of poses, you perfectly sketch out the faces and hands! (Seriously, those are some beautiful hands o.o)

Also wow you've seriously nailed foreshortening.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

91 Reviews

Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:01 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Yay! I'm happy you like them :D

Hands are painful and time-consuming, and forshortening (while fun to play around with) is easy to mess up, so I'm glad I was able to get them right.

91 Reviews

Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:36 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

..No new art yet. Decided to jump on the bandwagon and put together this art vs artist meme for Instagram. Year's almost over so I chose my favorite 2020 portraits c:

Also, because I had to look through all my art folders on my laptop to put this together, I discovered some lost files buried in all the clutter- my first digital artworks from 2014. Those days I was using the mouse and touchpad to draw in microsoft paint... Good times. I was so proud of these lol

Spoiler! :

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:44 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

My god, Aly, you're amazing

And you've definitely improved by a huge deal! I mean, I still can't draw like you were able to years ago, lol
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

91 Reviews

Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:18 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Aw thanks so much Lee :)

I guess being able to look back at my old art and cringe is a good thing if it means I'm improving. Let's hope that in another six years I'll be laughing at my 2020 art

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:53 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Your improvement is incredible!
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

91 Reviews

91 Reviews

Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:21 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Been too busy to finish any big pieces lately, but here's a WIP. I wanted to redesign a bunch of OCs and it turned into this big character lineup of my comic's main cast. Makes a pretty good reference sheet.

I'm hoping I'll have time to color/shade this, but we'll see. Either way, it was a lot of fun (very therapeutic haha) and I'm so much happier with their new designs c:

Characters are (left to right) Luisa, Kassia, Den, Beyren, Nora, and a new side character Corys- Luisa's younger brother

..Also here's a bonus Luisa I doodled

91 Reviews

Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:41 pm
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Been a while since I last posted here :I

I'd been using this as a kind of digital sketchbook for the doodles and sketches I felt were too unpolished to share on Instagram or Deviantart, but I haven't been making much art this year... Too busy trying to pass my classes so I can graduate and get out of highschool with my sanity intact :smt003

Because of that, I still don't have any full pieces to post yet, so here's a big sketch dump instead. Mostly webcomic OCs with some character sheets for a friend's roleplay and one recent WIP painting I'm currently working on in my free time.

Spoiler! :

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:17 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

These are the most polished sketches I've ever seen! I wouldn't shy away from posting them just because they're unfinished. You are sooo talented!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

91 Reviews

Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:15 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Aw thanks so much Wolfi!

I think then I might post the WIP and the character sheets, with maybe the rest in a sketch dump format rather than individually.

It's good to hear these aren't too messy. I probably shouldn't worry so much about not being able to share perfect fully-shaded lineless artworks all the time lol

"The adventures I enjoy are usually of a literary nature."
— Henry Winchester