View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Thanks! I'm glad you guys like it. I'm super excited to share :D

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:27 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Aly!! You are amazing! Your comic looks soooo cool!

I saw it before but didn't comment on it, so I will now: the Princess Mononoke one is INCREDIBLE. Look at all those different textures - the fur!! the gleam of the knife, the sparks, the shine on the hair! I really love how you painted the hands. It's such a dramatic and effective composition. I haven't seen the movie yet (I need to) but it appears that you went with a totally different style than the original animation and that's super impressive!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:39 am
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Hi Aly!

Okay, first, I just want to say that your art is breathtaking! Like, it honestly looks better than some of the stuff I've seen in published graphic novels. ^-^
I was wondering if you still did any character art because I saw the one you made for LittleLee and I loved it. I would be willing to pay you in points!
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:42 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

@Wolfical

Thank you so much! Princess Mononoke is my absolute favorite movie, so I wanted to put a lot of work into it and do it justice. I'm happy you liked it. :)

91 Reviews

Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:45 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

@Shadeflame

Thanks Shade! I'd like my comic to look as polished and professional (like other webcomics/graphic novels) as I can make it, so that's really encouraging.

I'm doing art requests atm, so if you'd like one feel free to PM me.

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:23 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

Wow, it looks amazing!
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:41 am
View Likes
Rook says...

These are so awesome! (Also I was literally just showing my friend a game I made with twine like 3 minutes ago so seeing you mention it in this thread was really funny. That gif with the twinking stars is gorgeous!) Your style is so appealing!
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:26 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Oh my goodness! I just found this thread and your art is so lovely!! That last painting you did is amazing!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

91 Reviews

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:02 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Some sketches I did for the Art Challenge and Critique Circle club ( clubs/3152 ).

The prompt was 'eyes', so I drew the eyes of six main and side characters from the cast of my comic. The top left eye is Kassia's, and the light teal eye, dark gray eye, and black eye belong to the other three main characters (Luisa, Beyren, and Den respectively).

I had a ton of fun with this challenge! It was fun to see how much emotion and personality I could convey with only the eye and eyebrow showing.

91 Reviews

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:22 pm
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Some Demon Slayer fan-art. I recently finished watching this show with my little brother and it was awesome! I especially love the character designs and art, so I did a quick graphite sketch today of the main characters Nezuko and Tanjiro.

Sorry for the crappy quality. My phone's camera sucks. :/

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:27 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Wow! They look great. I love the sword and the hands you did. I'm not really good at hands so I admire you. :D
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

91 Reviews

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:31 pm
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Thanks Shade!

I used to hate drawing hands with a burning passion, so I get where you're coming from. I'm a bit better at drawing them now, but I still suck at feet. Thank God for shoes and long flowy dresses and robes. :)

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:34 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

You're so talented
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

91 Reviews

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:22 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

More character art from my webcomic Hunting Shadows! The right outfit is Luisa's first character design, and the left is the new one I'm going to go with for the comic. I thought the original had a really weird shape and color scheme and wasn't super exciting or interesting, so I re-did it and I'm a lot happier with the new one.

Luisa Bryn is the main characters' childhood friend. She has a bright personality and is the most friendly and outgoing character of the cast. Despite having had a difficult life, she's optimistic and easygoing. She's also my favorite character to draw so far. :)

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers