z

Young Writers Society

Free Character Sketches! [Paused]

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:32 pm
Holysocks says...

Thread Paused!
Just until I catch up with the current requests. Paused means NO reserving spots until the pause is lifted. But spots that were reserved before the pause can still post their character sheet thingies and get their characters drawn.

So, I've seen other people do this in the past, and it both looks fun and like good practice! Practice is something I really need, so I thought I'd give this a try! So, if you're interested in getting your character drawn, keep reading!

First and for-most, here's some examples of what people look like when I draw them:

Spoiler! :

Characters are available in these mediums and forms:

Mediums
-Pencil Sketch
-Ink/line art
-Alcohol Markers
-Watercolour

Forms
-Head
-Head and chest
-Waste-up
-Full body

Note that everything is free, but the more detail (colour, poses, size, etc) the longer it will take. So if you just want a pencil sketch of your character's head, it's going to probably go a lot faster then if you asked for a watercolour or alcohol marker drawing of a full body. But this is not at all to discourage anyone from asking for those!- I need the practice, remember?

If you'd like me to draw your character, please fill out the form below, and post it in this thread! C: Note that the colour questions only apply to the coloured mediums- so if you want just a pencil sketch or just some line art, just skip over that part and concentrate mostly on the shape of your characters and length of their hair and such.

You can fill out as much or as little of the form as you want:
Code: Select all
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Skin colour:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Eye colour/shape:[/b]
[b]Hair colour/length/style:[/b]
[b]Nose shape:[/b] (exp. Ski jump, rounder, button nose, stubby, sharp, pointy, etc.)
[b]Lip shape:[/b] (same sort of idea as the nose)
[b]Face shape:[/b]
[b]Body type:[/b]
[b]Piercings/tattoos/scars/birthmarks/moles:[/b] (if applicable)
[b]Clothes:[/b]
[b]Pose and/or Expression:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Slots:
1. SnowMonkey -done
2. BlueAfrica
3. TriSARAHtops
4. KaiRyu
5. bluewaterlily
100% autistic

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:53 pm
View Likes
SnowGhost says...

Awesome! I love your art style so much! :)
Spoiler! :
Mediums: Alcohol markers

Forms: Head

Skin colour: He's skin is light but is typically darkly sun-tanned

Eye colour/shape: Grey-blue

Now for physical appearance I'm just gonna be comparing his to these two images if that's cool.

So Jaylin actually looks quite similar to this character except for a few little details. Firstly, Jaylin's jaw is more slim than this guy's. Jaylin also has quite more prominent cheekbones than this dude has, as well as as a slimmer chin.
His nose is practically the same and so are his eyes (which are a light grayish blue).

Now Jaylin's ears are actually pointed, because he is half elf, but no crazy huge elf ears because he's also half human after all.
His hair is pretty much the same to this image and is a dark brown in color.

Here's another reference image of what Jaylin's jaw (and pretty much just his whole face in general) looks like from his side profile.

Clothes:I suppose if you're drawing his head you won't see much of his clothing, but if you wanna draw the collar or something that'd be cool. It looks like this:

Other: Just for his facial expressions it would be awesome if you could draw him with a genuine smile, or with a slight smirk. Either or neither is totally fine!

Edit: Oh and it would also be awesome if you could draw his face from the point of view as the first image. 😊 But that doesn't matter too much.

Thanks!
Last edited by SnowGhost on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:39 am, edited 11 times in total.
Just killing time until time kills me.

494 Reviews

Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:59 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I'll get right on your request, @SnowMonkey! C:
100% autistic

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:44 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

@Holysocks here we go! I don't care whether it's portrait or full-body or what medium it is - you need practice and you're being very generous with this offer, so whatever you like is fine! I just request that it's in color, please!

Kiernan Abbott

because we know I can't get enough illustrations of him

Sex: Male
Skin colour: Dark brown with cool undertones.
Height: 6'2
Eye colour/shape: Dark brown, OH GOD THERE ARE TOO MANY EYE SHAPES idk just...normal everyday eyes???
Hair colour/length/style: Black, mid-back, dreadlocks that he wears in a ponytail
Nose shape: Aquiline???
Lip shape: Normal lip shape??? oh no why do I not know any facial feature shapes
Face shape: Rectangle
Body type: Er lean and muscular?
Piercings/tattoos/scars/birthmarks/moles: A small blue triangular tattoo in the inside of his left wrist.
Clothes: Like a biker, all black and leather and mystery. Heavy boots and a long coat.
Pose and/or Expression: Whatever you want, fam <3 Although if you hate that "do whatever you want" thing, then I guess let me know and I'll actually make something resembling a decision???
Other: He's an elf so. pointyish ears???

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:00 am
bluewaterlily says...

Ooh can I reserve a spot?
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:14 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

Oooooh me please! Could I have a waist-up picture in ink please?

Spoiler! :
Sex: Male
Skin colour: n/a
Height: Tall-ish but not exceptionally so
Eye colour/shape: Fairly narrow
Hair colour/length/style: Light-ish brown, kinda similar style and length to Eugene's from Tangled but wavier, if that make sense? Kind of deliberately dishevelled looking, but not [i]messy[/i[ messy.
Nose shape: (exp. Ski jump, rounder, button nose, stubby, sharp, pointy, etc.) Narrow and pointed, but a bit crooked
Lip shape: (same sort of idea as the nose) Thin lips
Face shape: Kind of angular, long-ish face
Body type: Fairly slim, but not lanky or skinny
Piercings/tattoos/scars/birthmarks/moles: (if applicable) n/a
Clothes: White, old-fashioned shirt like this one
Pose and/or Expression: Haughty
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:21 am
KaiRyu says...

I’m so excited! I love the art style. You could choose which form, but I’d like it to be drawing with alcohol markers! :D

Spoiler! :
Skin colour: Light brown.
Height: 5 feet 5 inches about.
Eye colour/shape: Almond shaped eyes, turquoise.
Hair colour/length/style: Shoulder length, fluffy, raven colored hair.
Nose shape: (exp. Ski jump, rounder, button nose, stubby, sharp, pointy, etc.) Rounder.
Lip shape: (same sort of idea as the nose) Full lips.
Face shape: Heart.
Body type: Hour glass figure.
Clothes: Something underwater themed.
Other: She’s a mermaid so of course she has a shimmery, grayish blue tail and little fins on her arms. Her name is also Kairyu.
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

494 Reviews

Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:15 am
Holysocks says...

Of course, @bluewaterlily!

I'm going to pause the thread here though until I get through some of these!

Thread paused!
Just so I don't get swamped, and so I can catch up with the current requests. This means no reserving spots until the pause is lifted- but those who have already reserved a spot may still edit their post/post their character sheet thingies!
100% autistic

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:41 am
View Likes
Rook says...

Wow these got snapped up so fast haha <3 Just wanted to pop in here and say your example art you posted looks so nice Holy! <3
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

494 Reviews

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:03 am
Holysocks says...

Thanks Fort! C: <3
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:02 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Jaylin is complete, @SnowMonkey! I hope he turned out somewhat how you wanteddd:

Spoiler! :

Sadly I forgot that the light skin tones I have in alcohol markers... suck. But I did the best I could.
Attachments
Snowmonkey's Character.PNG
Snowmonkey's Character.PNG (214.5 KiB) Viewed 368 times
100% autistic

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:59 pm
View Likes
SnowGhost says...

Wow wow it's so awesome! Thank you so much!!! :D
Just killing time until time kills me.

494 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:45 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I'm going to scan this tomorrow (so hopefully it won't be all, y'know, blurry) But other than that, Kiernan Abbott is done, @BlueAfrica! c: I decided to do him in marker because I realized I actually had a decent skin tone in there for him!

Spoiler! :

I reallyyyyy wanted to show his tattoo, so I struggled and struggled to do a position where it was showing XP It was good practice! And I have to say, I had a lot of fun trying to draw dread locks.

Slowlyyyyy getting better at drawing guys. Slowly.
100% autistic

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:42 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

!!! Thanks @Holysocks, he looks amazing! I love that you worked to include his tattoo - it's in an odd spot, so it doesn't often show up in drawings. <3

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers