Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Creativity Corner » Art & Photography

how about some art

985 Reviews

Reviews: 985
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:37 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Trying to do something semi-productive while stuck inside - today I started working on some digital doodling which I really don't know the first thing about, but like to try to make little random pictures once in a while. I love those little poems that have little sketches off to the side and so am trying to mimic that simple style.

Here you go!
(also this isn't clear at all by my pictures but these are supposed to look like zebra finches which are my favorite type of birds)

FINCHES
this may or may not be a napo theme preview?

MISCELANEOUS
(April 15)

(April 20 - for point campaign)
maybe i make up colors for poetic cadence, but i don't think i can ever love someone who doesn't understand that teal is a different color than dark cyan

985 Reviews

Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:13 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Shape Poems / Poetry Art: NaPo 2020

anxious | breathing

notice I used the bird from above?

fragments | teacup

isolation

note: it's made of a bunch of little "i's" to signify how we're all doing this isolation thing at the same time and also how isolation can magnify the sense of being overwhelmed with the self.

and here we are again

in case you can't tell I'm kind of interested in the idea of "unreadable" poetry, or poetry that is like physically difficult to read - this poem is supposed to make the reader feel a bit claustrophobic, overwhelmed, and like they're going in circles to match with the mood of the words of the poem too; sometimes when I post poems like this I find it ironic that someone will inevitably comment, "this was hard to read" -- that's the point! that is why it's formatted that way

poetry in plain sight
Spoiler! :
Imagetext for above poem from napo
maybe i make up colors for poetic cadence, but i don't think i can ever love someone who doesn't understand that teal is a different color than dark cyan

985 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:01 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

summer poetry art 2020

july 2020

june 2020 - blackout poetry, from "Around the World in 80 Days" - for poem a week challenge

985 Reviews

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:55 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

More bird doodles???

You want more bird doodles??? yes? no? Well either way here you go!

chicken/hen was for napo -> but more baby chickens & colors added to the front one now. And then the other one is kind of a chubby blue macaw or blue parrot inspired by @LoonyMaroony (scribbly & color added versions included because I love them both)- > maybe I will try to doodle a blue-gold one later to look more like him :) and if I get really ambitious maybe I'll try to doodle @TheEgg??? not sure my art skills are there yet.

okay and adding this in case you were really disappointed that my blue macaw kind of takes some artistic liberties as far as actually looking like a blue macaw. :] I promise I will try to actually make a bird doodle that looks like our friend LoonyMaroony soon.

^drew this guy for @CaptainJack in April 2020

Also what are other cool birds I could doodle? bonus points if they are really easy to draw and don't have feet. :]

283 Reviews

Reviews: 283
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:05 pm
View Likes
whatchamacallit says...

Ooh I really love the bottom one you made for CaptainJack, especially the triangle-ish shapes of light and dark blue on its chest!

I don't know if you've done these, but mourning doves and tucans could make cute doodles?
People protect what they love, they love what they understand, and they understand what they are taught.

Drop by here if you'd like a review!

985 Reviews

Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:34 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

I am rediculously bad at pigeons/doves although I love them with my whole heart. I shall definitely try a toucan though!!! Thank you whatcha!

Edit: Okay we've got more colorful bird doodles! A chicken, a blue-gold macaw, and a toucan! :)

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:39 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Oh I love the eye on that toucan - it's so cute <3 The poses for the macaw and chicken have so much character in them, too! It's like dramatic energy or something haha

The mind of man is capable of anything - because everything is in it, all the past as well as all the future.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness