Young Writers Society

Sonder's Character Commissions

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:35 am
View Likes
Sonder says...

SONDER'S COMMISSIONS

Due to unforeseen circumstances (wayyy more interest than I expected o.o) COMMISSIONS ARE CLOSED until further notice.
- I may reopen if I make enough progress, but for the meantime, I will be taking no new commissions.

Hello welcome I'm a starving artist and I'd love to draw your characters for the low low price of some points!

Have a taste of my art here: Art Stuff

Commission Types and Prices:

Busts (Head):
- Pencil sketch: 100 points
- Inked (pen) / Digital Sketch: 150 points
- Color: 200 points

OR Charcoal: 200 points (please request, I love charcoal faces :) )

Torso:
- Pencil sketch: 200 points
- Inked (pen) / Digital Sketch: 250 points
- Color: 300 points

OR Charcoal: 300 points

Full Body:
- Pencil sketch: 300 points
- Inked (pen) / Digital Sketch: 350 points
- Color: 400 points

OR Charcoal: 400 points

Want more than one character?
Sketches: +50
Anything else: +100
(honestly I have no idea how to price anything so???)

Media:
Okay, I'll be blunt. I don't have access to much tech at home but I have a few okay digital programs. But if you want more my style/ quality? I'd request traditional media.
Options:
- pencil (sketch)
- pen (polished sketch)
- charcoal (another option that I love: darker, messier, sometimes more impressionistic)
- watercolor/ gouache (color)
- chalk pastels (color)
- digital (will probably be more basic, since I don't have access to the tablet/ good programs that I would at school)

Restrictions and Preferences:

- Nothing against site restrictions (keep it PG)
- I really prefer human characters and I suck at backgrounds, so please don't request otherwise of me :)
- REFERENCE. please. make my life easier and provide reference if you can. :)

Important Notes:

- I reserve the right to refuse any request or ask for a better one.
- Art may only be used for non-commercial purposes.
- 20% of the total commission price is required before I begin. The remaining 80% will be paid after completion. Thanks for understanding. :)
- Commissions are prioritized based on when requests and pre-payments are made.
- Prices are not fixed, as higher donations are very much encouraged, lol. I'm also soft so if you ask nicely, I'd do a cheaper doodle. :)
- Expect up to a 2 or 3 week wait.
- I will not accept new commissions after August 15th, and this thread may or may not be reopened during the school year. (voided unless I reopen it)
- I will also follow my muse and possibly alter some things (such as using cardboard as a base, for example) to better achieve the desired goal. :)

Commission format:
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Character Age:[/b]
[b]Commission Type/Price:[/b]
[b]References:[/b] (Link or attach AT LEAST two references to pictures of the character you want drawn. If you don't have a picture reference, then please provide a thorough, detailed description.)
[b]Personality:[b] (Describe their personality, and what position/pose you would like them to be in. Do they have specific quirks or expressions that should be portrayed?)

Commission Slots:
1. Elinor: COMPLETE
2. BlueAfrica: COMPLETE
3. Mea: COMPLETE
4. bluewaterlily: COMPLETE
5. Blues: none

Waiting List:
6. PrincessInk: COMPLETE
8. Carina: none
9. ShadowVyper: deposit and description received!
10. snowmonkey9: COMPLETE
11. Messenger: none
12. rosette: COMPLETE
Last edited by Sonder on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 30 times in total.
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:37 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

CLAIMING A SPOT NOW and then I'll work on what I want.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:42 am
View Likes
Mea says...

*also claims a spot*
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:44 am
View Likes
bluewaterlily says...

*reserves spot*

Hi SOnder! I love your art so I am super excited about this commission. Can I get a torso digital sketch in color for two characters?
Username: bluewaterlily
Character Name: Caleb Quince
Character Age: 25
Commission Type/Price: Digital sketch color torso
References: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... ec4f4c.jpg
For the reference I have Austin Butler. Caleb has blonde wavy hair that he keeps styled in a manbun that he takes great pride in and he has light green eyes and
Personality:[b] (Describe their personality, and what position/pose you would like them to be in. Do they have specific quirks or expressions that should be portrayed?)
Caleb is a very cheeky and confident, borderline cocky, person. He uses humor as his defense mechanism and loves to joke. It became a habit after losing his father at an early age which forced him to grow up sooner than most people realized. Because he lost his father, family is very important to him and he is very protective and loyal of those close to him, especially his wife, Rose. His protectiveness can make him impulsive and hotheaded at times especially since he is a very passionate character. He is more emotional than he is aware of which makes him very passionate and he is very open and secure with phsyical displays of affection. He actually seeks the comfort it provides and is always putting his arms around Rose or holding her hand, stealing kisses whenever possible.

For the pose, I can see this being a side profile of Rose and Caleb with him holding her hands or having his arms around her and leaning his forehead against hers?

[b]Character Name:
Rose Van Holden Quince
Character Age: 23
Commission Type/Price:
References: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b5/8e/38 ... 47f0bf.jpg
https://thezoereport.com/wp-content/upl ... 00x600.jpg
Rose's character closely resembles Kaia Gerber but with some slight differences. Rose has medium length caramel brown hair with highlights slightly past her shoulders. She has large doe-like amber eyes and a youthful face. She also has an olive complexion and she has full petal blossom pink lips. She also has dimples.
[b]Personality:[b] Rose is a foil to Caleb. Where as he is more cocky and outgoing, she's very shy and timid and reserved. She lives up to her name and is delicate and feminine like a rose. She is also a romantic but whereas Caleb is openly comfortable with PDA she is more reserved when it comes to affection, at least in public, but she constantly seeks reassurance through physical touches or kisses. She takes a while to trust Caleb but once she does, she trust him with her life. While se trust him and appreciates his protectiveness, they sometimes butt heads because she feels like he is trying to shelter her like her family did when she was younger. This tends to bring out her hidden feisty side and she often reminds him of her strength and resilience which is more subtle. She is a gentle and nurturing person.

For her pose, maybe her hands can be on his chests and she's looking up at him smiling? I can see Caleb smirking cheekily like he's about to kiss her? Also can you draw a pink wedding ring on her left hand?

Hope this helps! And thanks so much!
Last edited by bluewaterlily on Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:48 am
View Likes
Blues says...

CLAIMING A SPOT because I’m at work but you can have all my points or something

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:57 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

I'd like a full body charcoal sketch for two characters, please!

Username: Elinor

Character Name: Alex
Character Age: 20
Commission Type/Price: Charcoal/Full Body
References:

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Personality: Alex is both smart and reserved. She has an artistic streak, but one that was silenced by her dysfunctional family. She often wistfully dreams of a life better than the one she knows, but is also fiercely loyal and devoted to Jay. She should be somewhat lost in thought, looking towards him.

Character Name: Jay
Character Age: 35
Commission Type/Price: Charcoal/Full Body
References:

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Personality: Jay very much knows how to get he wants and how to manipulate people. He's strong willed and charming. He's not a good person, but Alex shouldn't know that, maybe draw him not quite looking at her, but with a sly smile on his face.

As far as clothes go, this is good for Alex: https://pin.it/dlibc2p4mxzv5g
This is great for Jay: https://pin.it/wi65qjhn2qhp77

Money will be coming your way shortly! Let me know if you need anything else! Thank you!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:09 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

*claims a spot*
always daydreaming, always clumsy

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:18 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

OKAY!

Username: BlueAfrica
Character Name: Clem and Jada
Character Age: 16
Commission Type/Price: Torso, charcoal, 300 points but you know Imma shoot you more + whatever you decide for an extra character
References: OBVIOUSLY YOU'VE READ BUT
Spoiler! :
Clem is average height, athletic build, medium olive skin, hazel eyes. Very, very dark brown hair that falls to her mid or lower back in loose but messy curls. Makeup is always fully done and flawless except when she's been crying or running off in the rain with the sword of destiny yet again Wears graphic tees, jeans, and sneakers. V scowly but you know that from reading

Here's that picture of Yadira Guevara-Prip, who is like 10 years too old to actually play Clem in the Movie Adaptation but is still a p good model for her.

Jada is short and petite, warm medium-dark brown skin, brown eyes. Black hair in an Afro with little white flowers growing in it because she's fae. (I never did decide if there was any other physical sign she's fae, other than the flowers, but she's only half-fae so Imma go with no.) Doesn't wear much makeup, maybe some lip gloss. Wears things that are a little more frilly and girly, shirts with flutter sleeves and embroidered shorts and things like that that I kind of want to wear but don't think I look good in

No casting completed for Movie Jada, sorry.

Personality: AGAIN YOU KNOW BECAUSE YOU'VE READ BUT
Spoiler! :
Clem is headstrong, stubborn, and hot-tempered. Doesn't think things through, like, ever my idiot child but dives into emergencies head-on. Insecure but hides it behind, well, mostly rudeness. Honestly kind of a jerk but loyal to a fault.

Jada is friendlier and more outgoing, but look out if you say or do anything that approaches pitying her or her dad or their hotel for any reason. Protective. Generally confident but actually useless in emergencies.

Uhhhh so you can go whatever way you want with these two, but one idea I had was like Jada kissing Clem on the cheek with a grin and Clem just looking super pleased/embarrassed about it. But also if you get a different idea I'm 100% open to it, because let's face it, I loved all the doodles you did of the boys when I didn't tell you anything and you just picked stuff you liked from the story.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:02 am
View Likes
Carina says...

!!!!! *claims spot*
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:20 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ooh! I love this idea!

Username: ShadowVyper

Character Name: Jerica Ainsley

Character Age: 16

Commission Type/Price: Full body pencil sketch/ 300 points

References: (Link or attach AT LEAST two references to pictures of the character you want drawn. If you don't have a picture reference, then please provide a thorough, detailed description.)

Spoiler! :

Okay... so this is the best art I was capable of creating for her, and it's pretty close to how I envision her... but it's the only one I have, so sorry lol.

She's slender built, about 5'7" - 5'8" ish, but athletic and muscular. Black hair that's straight and just below jaw-level (like half way between her chin and where it is in this pic... but also I imagined sharper angles to it than how this pic makes it lay).

Spoiler! :

Kinda like this, but a bit shorter? Not trying to be too picky, just trying to explain what I mean by a "sharp" cut :)

Face thin and angular. Dark eyes. Pale skin. Not an excessively happy person so a big grin would be out of place, y'know? Um... medieval ish setting. So tunic and trousers would be fitting, rather than modern clothes... is this enough? Hit me up if not and I can try to provide more...

Personality: (Describe their personality, and what position/pose you would like them to be in. Do they have specific quirks or expressions that should be portrayed?)

Okay, so, she's an assassin (as you already know lol). So having a harder expression would make sense, possibly a cocked eyebrow? I dunno do whatever feels right when you're drawing. I would absolutely love if you could draw her in her assassin gear though...

She wears a black, fitted tunic and fitted black trousers. She has a sword on her left hip, also black with silver trimmings. And I know that this is a pencil sketch so you don't control colors, but I wasn't sure if color might affect how you shade? I'm bad with art so I dunno what's relevant and what's not lol.

I don't have a specific pose in mind... like, standing upright? And she's confident and cold and calculated. So a strong stance, but feel free to position her however you feel is best.

Also just lemme know if you want to accept this commission, and I can totes pay you the full amount before you even start. Just didn't want to jump the gun on the points donating if you aren't interested in drawing this one :D

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:24 am
View Likes
SnowGhost says...

If you're doing anymore commissions could I please claim a spot? :)
Just killing time until time kills me.

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:19 am
Sonder says...

Wow, that blew up faster than I ever thought it would. :shock:
So how I'm going to work this is: @Elinor and @BlueAfrica have the first slots bc they gave me their info/ deposit first, and then the rest go in order of claimed spots.
Commission Slots are those who I will obviously work on first, and guarantee can get done in the time I have. Waiting List folks will probably be able to be completed before I return to school, I just don't want to make any guarantees at the moment. :) Once I finish a commission and a slot opens up, I'll tag the next person in line to let you know that you're in the queue.

REMINDER: I need BOTH the 20% deposit and a full character description to begin. If I don't have both and you're next in line, I will move on to the next person. If you are on the Waiting List, you don't have to pay before you're officially in the Commission Slots, but it would be nice if you had your descriptions up and ready as soon as possible.

Finally, I intend to begin drawing on Monday. This is my last week of work and I wanted to be able to brainstorm over the weekend. :)

Thank you!
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:10 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

Put me on the waiting list! Details coming later

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:00 pm
View Likes
rosette says...

Please put me on the waiting list, as well! :D
I'll add my details later.
On earth I long to be like Him

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:02 pm
View Likes
rosette says...

Here it is!

Username: rosette
Character Name: Jackson
Character Age: 18
Commission Type/Price: Torso // Charcoal = 300 points
References:
Spoiler! :
I think David Henrie fits my idea of Jackson best. Image
The eyebrows, nose, and mouth are spot on, but I'd like his features to be a little sharper, more angular, and, if it's possible, a little shadow of stubble as Henrie has here:

Personality:
Jackson is headstrong, stubborn, and doesn't like being told what to do. A smart kid, but his temper/emotions can get the best of him at times. The better side of him is his playful, mischievous self, but we haven't seen too much of that lately... he's been too busy defying authority and growing angry and bitter. :[

I'd like for him to be looking straight ahead, frowning slightly, maybe one eyebrow lifted a little (he's just not happy at all) with arms crossed.
And something Jackson always has is his faded/distressed denim jacket so he must be wearing that.

Hopefully, that was enough info. I'll shoot you your 20% now! :D
On earth I long to be like Him

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights