z

Young Writers Society

Sonder's Character Commissions

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:38 am
Sonder says...

Ping for people who still owe me descriptions/ deposits! At this point I'm just going to pick and choose from what I have with what time I have. So get them in, or they may not get done. :)

@Blues, @PrincessInk, @ShadowVyper, @Messenger, @Carina

(and @Elinor, here is the other version of your image!)
Attachments
Elinor2 - Edited.jpg
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:49 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Thanks @Sonder that is even better!

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:52 am
View Likes
bluewaterlily says...

OMG @Sonder I have literally been staring at this for almost half an hour now! Thanks so much! I love this and can't wait to show this to my cowriter. She's gonna be so excited! Fantastic job! When your waitlist opens up, can I be put on it?
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

254 Reviews

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:19 am
View Likes
Sonder says...

No problem, @BlueAfrica and @Elinor. :)

@bluewaterlily Yay!! I'm so glad you like it. I had fun with it. :)
Unfortunately, I'll have to say no to the waitlist. :/ I'm not accepting any new commissions, even waitlist ones, because I return to school in a week and a half, and I want to try and finish the ones that I have. I don't think I'll have any time during the semester for more. I'm sorry! I will try to let you know if another round opens later in the year. :)
~Thoreau

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:43 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Username: PrincessInk
Character Name: Ava Garden (called Miss Ava)
Character Age: Looks 18,19
Commission Type/Price: 400 points, for full body commission. I'm choosing watercolor/gouache.
References: Uh, I'm not sure I can find a picture that fits, and besides, I'm pretty curious to see how you'll put in the small details. I just like to see different image interpretations.

Miss Ava has glossy black curls that touch the bottom of her shoulder blades, bright green eyes, and sharp chin. She's not that pretty, but she looks like a very interesting person. She dresses in bright dresses long enough to touch the ground (with a little bustle and maybe a narrower hoopskirt) and wears shiny, pointy black shoes. She likes to wear a handknit shawl, and a hat that ties under the chin, with a large miniature peacock feather sticking out of it. She carries a fan, and some knitting lace projects in a small bag. If she was a human, she'd be average height.

Personality: Miss Ava is equal parts the "model Victorian lady" and a sassy, adventurous character. I'd love to see both her good breeding and sass show up in her expression and clothes, like the way she has very good posture but also tips her nose slightly in the air. She always seems to be wanting to say something but is restraining herself, maybe from the way she purses her lips slightly. She's also quite intelligent and curious and maybe I would like to see a bit of it in her gaze.

Please let me know if there are any other details you need to draw her! I don't want to make this commission harder than it needs to be.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:48 am
View Likes
bluewaterlily says...

@Sonder I completely understand. :) I also return to school, on Monday actually Again thanks so much for your beautiful artwork and for bringing my characters to life in a new way. <3 Good luck with the upcoming semester and I can't wait until are able to take commission requests again. I'm happy to wait as long as you need me too. It's definitely worth the wait. Again thanks so much! <3
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

254 Reviews

Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:13 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

@rosette Here you go! :) I liked drawing the grumpy face, haha
Attachments
rosette.jpg
~Thoreau

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:28 pm
View Likes
rosette says...

Thank you so, so much!! : DDDD
On earth I long to be like Him

254 Reviews

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:29 am
View Likes
Sonder says...

@snowmonkey9 and @PrincessInk, here are yours! :) Click for better res!
Attachments
snowmonkey - Edited.jpg
PrincessInk - Edited.jpg
~Thoreau

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:30 am
View Likes
SnowGhost says...

Oh my god! It's so awesome to see my character drawn in such a cool style. Love it!!! XD Thank you so much Sonder!
Just killing time until time kills me.

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:11 pm
Messenger says...

Username:Messenger
Character Name: The Black Bull (Eridan)
Character Age: Early 20's
Commission Type/Price: Color: full body and Bust of Helmet
References: https://depositphotos.com/188641956/sto ... rrior.html aaaand https://www.allwallpaper.in/fr/disney-c ... 11217.html

I'm going to give you his description as well, straight from my latest chapter for the full body picture.
"Then he emerged from the shadows. The figure was tall. He was clad in black-as-night armor. The horns on his helmet wrapped viciously around, swirling back then spiraling forward, pointing ahead like a bull's horns. He dragged a heavy black sword that cut through the thick snow like a knife through butter. The faceguard of his helmet jutted out like a snout, and small puffs of his breath floated in the air like a raging animal.
"
I didn't really go into detail with the sword, but it's black, with white gems along the blade, and white binding for the handle and hilt. It's got a black crossguard with white lining as well.
Personality: For the bust, since it covers his full face I'd like it to be a frontal or side drawing, it doesn't matter to me. The main thing is that it resembles a bull's face.
For the full body, if you could make him in an attacking pose similar to this https://www.reddit.com/r/RucoyOnline/co ... ords_so_i/ I'd like the sword scraping the ground though like I have in the description up there ^^

Hopefully that doesn't sound too picky xD And no rush haha I took forever to get you this, and I just saw that commissioned were closed, so whenever you get a chance, thanks in advance :P

254 Reviews

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:49 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

@ShadowVyper, here's yours! I had fun with her outfit. :) And then I tried a side view to see if I could capture the hair idea better. Hope you like her!
Attachments
Shady - Edited.jpg
~Thoreau

254 Reviews

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:18 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

@bluewaterlily - I never said thank you for your kind words. Thank you so much for understanding, and I hope you have a great semester too!

@Messenger-

So, I'm really sorry about this, but I'm going to have to say that I can't do your commission. In my original post, I had intended to fully close all commissions by August 15th, and I'm going to stand by it. I pinged people on August 15th, and I finished all commissions that were in before or on the 15th. But this next week is my last week home before college, and I want to make sure I have time to spend with family, pack, and relax.
Chances are, I'll probably open up this thread again at some point in the future (but it may not be for a while). If/ when I do, I'll try to ping you so that you can get your commission in!
This applies to anyone who claimed spots earlier, but didn't send me descriptions or deposits. I'm really sorry! I just can't get to everyone with the time I have left.

So, officially: This thread is CLOSED.*
*until further notice

I had so much fun with this! Thanks everyone for being so positive and allowing me to draw your characters! Have a lovely Autumn. :)

Love, Sonder
~Thoreau

History repeats itself. First as tragedy, second as farce.
— Karl Marx