z

Young Writers Society

TCC Artist Needed

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:14 pm
Elfboy says...

Hello, everyone!

Alongside writing and cartography, one of my favorite hobbies is Game Design. One of the best games I have created is called Elements, a card game. Elements is a two player fantasy game, with mechanics almost opposite to the game of Magic: The Gathering. I'm looking for an artist to help me with the game. It'll need about 30 pieces of art, give or take a few. I'm not looking for anime style art, but more traditional styles. It doesn't have to be fancy, just respectable. I can't pay up front, but whoever accepts will receive a cut of the profit. If anyone is interested, have a sample set of cards without art ready to show.

Thanks,
Ethan
"What is grief, if not love persevering?"

--Vision

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:01 am
Aley says...

What sort of thing would you be looking for them to make?

48 Reviews

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:16 pm
Elfboy says...

I would need a card back design, a symbol for each of the five elements(Water, Fire, Earth, Air, and Light), and pictures for each of the spell and summon cards(things like goblin, fireball, sea sepant, etc.). Maybe a tuckbox design, but we could use the back design instead.

--Vision

806 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:13 pm
Aley says...

Do you want them to be specific sizes?
Do you want your elements to be the classic symbols or something new?
What is a tuckbox?

48 Reviews

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:18 am
Elfboy says...

For creatures and spell art, 53mm x 40mm, like the art on MTG cards. For the Element cards, they need a fitting pattern for the background, with the Celtic Element Symbols in the center and the name of the element(I have that already, so no need for the artist to make that) above and inverted below. The pattern just needs to big enough to fill the card. The tuckbox would ideally look like a worn, leatherbond book with the logo(again, I have one ready) on the cover.

--Vision

806 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:02 am
Aley says...

So what do you still need?

48 Reviews

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:15 am
Elfboy says...

All of it, all I have so far is the Logo, Element and Spell names, and a really shoddy looking prototype. If you need, I can try to post pictures.

--Vision

806 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:42 am
Aley says...

That would help

48 Reviews

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:05 pm
Elfboy says...

This should be the right one, but several versions had issues with the image quality, bleed zone, etc. Anyway, it should give you a good idea of what it should look like. The finished logo will leave out my name, now that I'm not the entire design team.

--Vision

806 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:19 am
Aley says...

This?

48 Reviews

Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:27 am
Elfboy says...

Oops, I must have done something wrong in the upload process... Never tried it before. Here, Google Drives won't believe me that I'm me right now, so all I can send send tonight is this Google Drive link, if it helps.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10IN7Eu ... =drive_web

--Vision

806 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:30 am
Aley says...

If you have it on the internet, try using the img code. If you don't, then try uploading it again. I have requested access to the gdocs but if it doesn't believe you, I doubt you can get the email to agree to me seeing it.

48 Reviews

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 am
Elfboy says...

If all else fails, I have it stores on the family computer, but I can't use it until morning.

--Vision

806 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:55 am
Aley says...

alright

48 Reviews

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:42 pm
Elfboy says...

Alright, I got the PDF. Turns out it somehow gave all my files exclusively to my mom's account. Now I have it, but YWS won't let me attach it, so I emailed it to the address that requested permissions on it before.

By the way, the non element cards aren't going to be in the newest version. They've changed to themed cards for two forty card decks from the current generic cards for ten card decks.

--Vision

Your hesitation suggests you are trying to protect my feelings. However, since I have none, I would prefer you to be honest. An artist's growth depends upon accurate feedback.
— LCDR Data