z

Young Writers Society

Any artists like to illustrate the scenes they write?

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:09 am
View Likes
SimpleBicycle says...

Heyo! I was wondering if there are any artists here that like to illustrate scenes from their writing? I know I began drawing more frequently because I wanted to draw what I saw in my head :D For me, writing and drawing are so deeply linked that I can't imagine doing one without the other.
And also, who likes to draw their characters? For me, I can barely write someone before I draw them first. I like to know exactly who I'm dealing with :D

Here's the most recent of my illustrations, along with the paragraph from my novel Until We Die that inspired it: Image
Spoiler! :
His dream that night started off peaceful.
He stood in a field that stretched to the horizon. Yellow grass stood to his knees, swaying gently in the wind. The sun was hot on the back of his neck, cicadas buzzing in the late summer haze.
A single tree sat on the horizon. He waded in that direction.
As he grew nearer, he could make out someone sitting at the base. By the brown hair, he guessed it was Nole.
He climbed up the hill towards him. Nole glanced up from his book. He gave him a smile.
“Hey Wyatt. Come hang out,” he said, patting the spot next to him. Wyatt flopped down in the grass.
“It’s nice here,” he said, squinting up at the clear sky.
“Nah, it’s gonna rain,” Nole said, returning to his book. Wyatt glanced at him in confusion.
“How do you know?”
“‘Cause you’re here now,” he said, turning a page. “And you ruin everything, eventually.”

And just for fun, Wyatt's reference sheet:

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:18 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

I like to draw mine as well, varying from small doodles to a few really nice pictures.

That was a really nice looking background, btw.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:49 am
View Likes
TheWeirdoFromBeyond says...

Love drawing them. I usually don't post them, cause I'm still practicing drawing faces, and they are not so good, yet.
I will hopefully be able to do it later. If I get better at it, that is.
I don't act this way to change the world, I act this way so that the goddamn world won't change me!
-Desert Hearts
You don't think I am weird? You don't know me at all.
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

TheWeirdoFromBeyond is a LGBT+ supporter

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:16 pm
SimpleBicycle says...

@Prachi Just keep at it! You'll get better the more you do it. I love drawing just to draw, the result is secondary :)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:32 am
View Likes
TheWeirdoFromBeyond says...

Yeah, I practice a lot. And I have gotten better comparatively...
I don't act this way to change the world, I act this way so that the goddamn world won't change me!
-Desert Hearts
You don't think I am weird? You don't know me at all.
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

TheWeirdoFromBeyond is a LGBT+ supporter

You must believe in free will; there is no choice.
— Isaac Bashevis Singer