z

Young Writers Society

COVERS! by jumpingsheep

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:53 am
View Likes
jumpingsheep says...

Some of you may remember a cover dump I used to have, though most of those covers disappeared with the leave of Photobucket. Nevertheless, I am here and ready to *produce* covers for you all. All I need is:

Title
Author Name (can be a username or a pen name)
Summary of story/poetry collection/what have you
Color scheme, ideas, themes you may have

FAQ:

Why are you doing this?
Spoiler! :
I am on summer vacation and bored :o

Will it cost points?
hello there

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:29 am
Elfboy says...

Hey there! This is such a nice thing you're doing! If it's not too much trouble, I would like to request a cover for a fantastic history I'm working on. Thanks!

Title: Liador: An Abridged History of Forever

Author Name Ethan Hoover

Summary of story: A work of Fantastic History, covering all of recorded history on the continent of Liador, including the countries of Analar, Elesia, and Roth, as well as Tanith's Isles off to the northwest. The main storyline is about a Human from Analar, Tanith, who gains the rare and illegal power of magic. He uses this power to mutate the evil king, making him the most wanted man in all of Liador. He fled to the isles West of Roth, now Tanith's isles, and reshaped the natives there into strange monsters, such as Centaurs and Aven. He uses these creations to hold off the attacking forces indefinitely, and they eventually gave up. For hundreds of years, the isles have been the subject of fear and superstition, as no one has ever returned from there alive. But in modern times, when the careful alliance between the three races is about to crumble, a lone man sails away from the isles... Tanith himself.

Color scheme, ideas, themes you may have: Mostly browns, the cover should look like an ancient tome. I envision it mostly leather with brass plates for the title, subtitle, and author's name, as well as brass corners. That's just one idea, but you get the idea.

Again, thanks so much for this wonderful work you're doing. Have a nice day, and take your time!
"What is grief, if not love persevering?"

--Vision

53 Reviews

Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:01 pm
jumpingsheep says...

@EthanHoover I'm on it!
hello there

48 Reviews

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:09 pm
Elfboy says...

Great, thanks so much!

--Vision

53 Reviews

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:18 am
jumpingsheep says...

Here it is! The full (better quality) image should be downloadable on imgur here: https://imgur.com/o4XFLbA
hello there

48 Reviews

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:22 pm
Elfboy says...

Wow, it looks amazing, thanks! You're the best!

--Vision

48 Reviews

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:42 pm
Elfboy says...

If I use this for my book, do you want me to have your username or real name in the acknowledgement section?

--Vision

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness."
— Bishop Desmond Tutu