z

Young Writers Society

Light's Weekly Drawing Assignments

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:56 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

I have drawing class once a week, so I only draw once a week. Yeah, I don't do it regularly because it takes time. >.> That means I'm likely to update once a week. Here's what I've done so far:

Week 2

Spoiler! :

Week 4

Spoiler! :

If you have noticed, there are no pictures for Week 1 and Week 3, and that's because the first drawing I made is an embarrassment and the second one is incomplete + not very clear because I used pencil of medium thickness. Maybe later.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

472 Reviews

Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:37 pm
Lightsong says...

Week 5

Spoiler! :
3-points perspective

"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

472 Reviews

Wed May 30, 2018 6:55 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

I don't know what happened to the previous image but hopefully this one is permanent.

Final Project

Spoiler! :
IMG20180525035053.jpg

This one is rougher because this is my first time drawing on canvas.

- David L. Ulin

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed May 30, 2018 3:00 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Woahhh the still life is fantastic! Great job with the shadows and highlights. I especially like the wine bottle.

I never knew canvases were for drawing on. I can imagine that would be rough.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed May 30, 2018 3:32 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I really like this :) The still life is drawn so well!
always daydreaming, always clumsy

472 Reviews

Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:31 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

Thanks, you guys! :D

Yehuda Devir's Challenge

Spoiler! :

So basically the challenge is to redraw the pic he has made and yours might get shown in his story. I failed terribly in drawing Yehuda's facial hair, but Maya's hair was fun to draw. I speed drew this, btw, hence the low quality. x'D

- David L. Ulin

472 Reviews

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:12 pm
View Likes
Lightsong says...

Faces of Haka, Ilami, and Gael

Spoiler! :

@Mea @DarkPandemonium

- David L. Ulin

641 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 641
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:20 pm
View Likes
Panikos says...

Haka and Gael look pretty much like I imagined! I always visualised Ilami's hair as curly for some reason, though. :)
The backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done.

~Radical Face

472 Reviews

Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:17 pm
Lightsong says...

@DarkPandemonium: Glad to know! Haha, that's interesting. These faces aren't the final outcome, so you might want to wait for further... drafts? ;) But I think Gael's look is something most people would agree. I want to make Haka look manlier, but this is his kid version, so.

Look forward to future installment! :D

- David L. Ulin

'Like' and 'equal' are two entirely different things.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time