Secret Santa 2017 Sign-Ups [closed]

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Username: TriSARAHtops
Name/Alias: Sarah/Tri/whatever other shortening o my username takes your fancy
Interests: Books, travel, film, music, languages
Color Preferences: My favourite colours are sky blue and hot pink, but I'm generally a fan of anything colourful.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: People tab and general lurking about
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: (I really should go back to past versions of this and see how my responses have changed over the years) ARTISTS: Gang of Youths, GIRLI, Lunatics on Pogosticks, The Wombats, Alex Lahey, Franz Ferdinand, Vance Joy, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Amy Shark, Olympia
SHOWS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Russel T Davies era Doctor Who, Please Like Me, the Pride and Prejudice miniseries, Glitch, the X-Files
MOVIES: Jules et Jim, Amelie, Singin in the Rain, Footloose, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Mood Indigo, Dirty Dancing
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Anything Jane Austen, anything Sarra Manning, Leviathan trilogy, Code Name Verity
Preferred Type of Gift: I will be happy with just about anything
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I'm not massive on fanfiction but if your heart is set on that I'll probably still be stoked
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:57 am
Samk642 says...

Username: Samk642
Name/Alias: N/A
Interests:Drawing, Boyscouts, music, reading, Destiny 2
Color Preferences:Dark Green and Brown
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Clubs and the front page.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:Sleeping At Last is my favorite artist. And my favorite musical is Dear Evan Hansen
Favorite Books/Fandoms:Eragon, and the Author Raina Telgemier
Preferred Type of Gift: Probably a graphic, or a poem would really warm my heart.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Anything, Horror, Scary, or innapropriate. I would also not prefer anything that is very pessimistic.
Other: I thank you for all the time spent on the gift and will appreciate it more than you can imagine.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:54 pm
HopeSummers101 says...

Username: HopeSummers101
Name/Alias: N/A
Interests:Writing, Reading, gymnastics,
Color Preferences:Blue, Purple, and Red
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:Publishing Center
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:Imagine Dragons: Walking the Wire
Favorite Books/Fandoms:Harry Potter. Fandoms: Marvel, Harry potter, Doctor Who
Preferred Type of Gift: Fanfiction, preferrably Steve Rogers Fanfiction
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: No Steve/Sharon

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:49 pm
Gravity says...

Username: Gravity
Name/Alias: Rose
Interests: Acappella, sewing, cool vintage stuff (from 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 80s and 90s. I hate 60s and 70s), swing dance, French, fashion
Color Preferences:Teal, purple, burgundy, lavender, sage green, forest green
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Storybooks!
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Music: Avril Lavigne, Florence + The Machine, Imagine Dragons, Kay Flay. Shows: Friends, Broadchurch, 90210, Gossip Girl, Alias Grace,
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Harry Potter (Of course), Twilight, haven't read anything good in a while, (cough cough hint hint: a list of books maybe combined with some other things? Use your imagination but if you're really stuck, that's a good option)
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set, graphic, writing, etc. Gifs don't generally work on YWS for me but memes, writings, and images are always options.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I am not a fan of orange or super bright obnoxious colors. I prefer either dark jewel tones or more earthy tones. I really dislike anime. I like Harry Potter but I'm not into fandoms, so fanfic is not a great option.
Other: If you put thought into it and get creative, I promise I will love it!!!
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:36 pm
SnowGhost says...

@Iggy Question. Is there a time limit as to when we are supposed have the gift done by? Also when you have the gift done how is it given to the selected person without that person knowing who it's from?
Just killing time until time kills me.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:09 am
Amnesia says...

Username: Amnesia
Name/Alias: Memory or Mem
Interests: Harry Potter, tattoos, anime, naruto, kakashi
Color Preferences: blue or purple and teal
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Storybooks
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Naruto, 5SOS 1D Niall, liam, louis, Harry I like Ncis and old school CSI from like 2003
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Harry Potter, im a anime lover and have a slight obsession with Niall Horan
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set, graphic, writing, etc
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: i like pretty much everything
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:09 am
Iggy says...

snowmonkey9 wrote:@Iggy Question. Is there a time limit as to when we are supposed have the gift done by? Also when you have the gift done how is it given to the selected person without that person knowing who it's from?

All that information will be given to you when I send out PMs including your recepient’s name.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:32 pm
VegasLights says...

Username: VegasLights
Name/Alias: Miranda, M&M, Vegas
Interest: Sword, Martial Arts, Writing :D
Color Preferences: Anything pastel or honestly any color
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Usually in the Poetry tab
Favorite Artist/Songs/Shows: Sia, Halsey, MCR, P!ATD, Troye Sivan, Supernatural, AHS, Riverdale, Perks of being a Wallflower...
Favorite books/fandoms: Harry Potter, Star Wars, Hunger Games, Stranger Things, Supernatural, oh jeez I could keep going on and on
Preferred type of gift:[/b ] Anything your heart desires
[b]What do I not want to get:
GIFS is the one thing I rather not get
Other: I love poetry and drawings :D
Previously Steam1244

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:26 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

- Lewis Carroll

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:44 pm
JadeBunny says...

Username: JadeBunny
Name/Alias: JB/JadeBunny/Jade
Interests: Reading, writing, some other things
Color Preferences: Blue, purple
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Reading
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: I don't really have any
Favorite Books/Fandoms: I'm not in any fandoms
Preferred Type of Gift: Writing Gif set, graphic, writing, etc.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I don't want anything fandom related. As in, disliked fandoms/ships, colors you don't like, etc. Please do not put "I don't want a crappy gift" or anything like that. Be nice or Santa will give you coal.
Other:
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. -Benjamin Franklin

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:51 pm
Iggy says...

@JadeBunny sign ups are closed. Sorry!
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:29 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Hi all, I will be away from home for a few days so I won't be able to send out reminders by the 20th. I will send them out by the 22nd, when I get back.

I won't be able to send out gifts until the 22nd, and I will be leaving Secret Santa PMs unread so I don't miss any gifts LOL so don't get worried if your PM is left in the Outbox file for a few days :-)
- Lewis Carroll

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:44 pm
WanderlustStardust says...

Username: WanderlustStardust
Name/Alias: Berri/Bepsu/Bern/Call me whatever tbh
Interests: Stars/the cosmos/the universe, a lot of aesthetic stuff, crystals, music, playing my flute, etc., etc..
Color Preferences: Pastel rainbow/if you look up aesthetic [insert color here] stars, you get a lot of things I like
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Well, I joined just today as of writing this, but I plan on just popping up on pieces and giving out reviews! I'll write my own piece soon
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Okay, here we go. This playlist is a compilation of my favorite songs and stuff- but that's barely the beginning... I also really like The Office/Parks and Rec so....
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Steven Universe, Pokemon Black and White, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Portal/Portal 2, Stardew Valley, Avatar: The Last Airbender AND The Legend of Korra...
Preferred Type of Gift: Pixel gifs would be cute aa!! But a "poster" of like, all my fandoms combined would also be amazing omg
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: No ships unless they're canon please,, No emojis!! Please!!
Other: I love space aesthetic, tbh. And rainbows. And cats. That would be nifty.

"I'm so happy you exist"

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:55 pm
Brigadier says...

@WanderlustStardust
The notice is a bit above but the sign ups for secret Santa 2017 are closed. Sorry. You're just a bit too late for it.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:59 pm
WanderlustStardust says...

LadyLizz wrote:@WanderlustStardust
The notice is a bit above but the sign ups for secret Santa 2017 are closed. Sorry. You're just a bit too late for it.

I was writing it last night, then had to log off. I had to edit it and make sure it was alright, then posted it...

"I'm so happy you exist"

[while trapped in a bucket of popcorn] You know what the worst part is? It's not even butter. We're gonna be destroyed by... ARTIFICIAL FLAVORING!
— Blake Bradley, Power Rangers Ninja Storm