z

Young Writers Society

Book Covers

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Mon May 08, 2017 10:49 pm
View Likes
beckiw says...

I would like to practice my Photoshop skills a little more and this is where you come in lovely people of YWS!

I would like to make book covers. For current projects, finished or unfinished, for future projects, for any story really. All I ask for is the below -

Title of Project
Author Name - This can be your nickname or anything else. You don't need to give me your full name and I would kind of encourage you not to.
Genre
Brief description of your Project - This is so I can get a read on your characters and your plot
Ideas For Cover - If you have any general ideas about how you want it to look then let me know. I can't promise I will stick to it though >.>
Any Head Canons - Let me know if there are actors, models, celebs, that you have as head canons and I may use them!

DISCLAIMER TIME: Please DO NOT use these covers to self publish. This is just for fun! Some of the images I use will have copyright and will allow personal use but not anything else. So remember, just for fun not for selling! Let's not get each other in oodles of trouble. Where possible, I will link to the resources I've used.

I am going to open for three slots initially and see how we go. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of spare time.

Slot One: bluewaterlily
Slot Two:

And here are some examples of what I do!

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Let's have some fun!
Last edited by beckiw on Sun May 21, 2017 1:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Tue May 09, 2017 1:15 am
View Likes
Audy says...

YUS! Totally what I need :3 <3 I'll give you all the luffs and points and thanks, because those covers are so amazing.

Title of Project: Luneset
Author Name - Audy
Genre - Scifi fantasy
Brief description of your Project - The dark terror sort of Lovecraftian world of God Kings mixed with the that softer, coming-of-age starry eyed teenagers in a world of regency romances, political machinations, betrayals and those dystopian symptoms of a dying planet. :^) Lemme know if I need to provide more details, I dunno if you want just a general feel or a page synopsis 8D

Ideas For Cover -
This is my super drab cover I came up with :) Super drab, but I like the colors.
I've been inspired by cassini images and ringed skies.

By old stories and new ones.

Silhouette art is also really cool :) Soundofmind did my characters ages ago, maybe a silhouette of girl and ostrich ...? :) IUNNO! *HANDS OFF ALL DISPARATE IDEAS*

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue May 09, 2017 1:41 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

O: your covers are beautiful c: would you make one for me?

Title: (still not really sure but go with...) Main Cell
Name: Holly Socks
Genre: Fantasy, gritty, dark, humourous (those are all genres, right? XP )
Description of stuff: one of the main settings in this story is an old, abandoned jail. There are people with wings (so basically angels- but they're not special besides having wings - most of them don't know how to fly because there aren't many of them so flying is kind of a lost art- but there are some that learnt how to. Anyway it's about an 18 year old (I think) gal who's into some shady stuff, and there's sort of "gang" stuff but minus normal "gang" stuff. I hope I didn't just make you superrr confused XP

Ideas: mainly I just would like it fairly dark, whatever you do. I just like dark covers. But it can also be pretty wacky. I kinda just want to see what you'll come up with, but I did have an idea to feature sort of a bird cage on there, but that's just if you're lost for ideas of your own.
100% autistic

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Tue May 09, 2017 11:32 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

Oooh me! Me! :D Those covers are lovely!
Title of Project Like Other Girls
Author Name - Trisarahtops
Genre Contemporary YA/NA but with an element of the inexplicable
Brief description of your Project - (good golly even I barely know what's going on tbh) BUT basically it's a play on the wild child and good girl stereotypes where two girls who are very different from each other find themselves trapped in the other's life, and there are these explorations of identity and feminism and femininity and sexuality and all the boxes peope get placed into by those around them. The hope is that it is not too doom and gloom, with plenty of happy moments, but also has a little grit to it.
Ideas For Cover - I like the idea of some kind of reflections happening in some form or another or maybe silhouettes? But honestly go mad.
Thank you muchos in advance!
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue May 09, 2017 11:25 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Wow, these are beautiful! :o
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

272 Reviews

Wed May 10, 2017 11:18 pm
View Likes
beckiw says...

Here is your cover @Audy!

Spoiler! :

Hope it's okay! I went with a space theme but tried to make it vintagey at the same time??

Credits in the spoiler below
Spoiler! :

Big Moon
Little Moon
Stars One
Stars Two
Texture
Grunge Border (has been taken off Devianart I think but I believe this is the user. It's quite an old set though so I'm not entirely sure).
Title Font: Sticky Things
Author Font: Letter Gothic std
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed May 10, 2017 11:51 pm
View Likes
bluewaterlily says...

May I please request a spot if there's one still open?
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

272 Reviews

Thu May 11, 2017 9:06 am
beckiw says...

@bluewaterlily I'll pop you on a reserve list! I want to get the other two requests done before I commit to more. But you'll be the first on a new list if I'm able to go ahead!

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Thu May 11, 2017 10:35 pm
View Likes
bluewaterlily says...

@beckiw Thank you!
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

272 Reviews

Mon May 15, 2017 11:44 pm
View Likes
beckiw says...

@Holysocks here is your cover! I hope you like it :)

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
Cage
Font Texture
Texture 1
Texture 2
Feather 1
Feather 2
Blood
Main Font - Love is Real Life
Cell Font - ALL AGES
Author Font: Trajan Pro

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue May 16, 2017 1:09 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

O: thank you, Beck! I really like that!!!
100% autistic

272 Reviews

Sun May 21, 2017 12:57 am
View Likes
beckiw says...

@TriSARAHtops here is your cover! I didn't manage to work in the reflection angle (It didn't look right >.<) but I hope you still like it :)

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Silhouette 1
Silhouette 2
Font 1: Trajan Pro
Font 2: Love is Real Life
Author Font: Avenir

@bluewaterlily go ahead and give me a rundown on what you'd like!

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sat May 27, 2017 2:16 pm
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

@beckiw Thank you!! It's gorgeous!

(And sorry for not replying, for some reason I never got a notif :P)
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon May 29, 2017 2:05 am
AkeliaTaske says...

*raises hand* Before I say anything, could these covers be used on official books?
Ah oui oui, mon ami, je m'appelle Lafayette!
The Lancelot of the revolutionary set!
I came from afar just to say "Bonsoir!"
Tell the king, “Casse-toi!” Who's the best? C’est moi!

-Lafayette (Hamilton)

Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe.
— John Milton (Poet)