z

Young Writers Society

Book Cover: Edge

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:07 pm
View Likes
CrimsonQuill says...

Hey guys, so I was looking for some feedback and critique on the book cover we currently have for @GoldenQuill's book. It was designed with her creative direction and my somewhat average photoshop capabilities.

I'm mainly looking for critique on the cover and what you think of it, as well as potential different directions we could go. If you want to have a look at the book sample on Amazon so you can have some idea of what the cover means or is meant to represent, you can check that out here: https://www.amazon.com/Edge-Serena-Sall ... B01N4RTZE6

(The TOC seems to be messed up in the preview (and in the Kindle version); I'm still wrestling with their preferred Kindle formats and trying to resolve that issue.)

The first two attachments are: the book cover for the Kindle edition (front cover only) & the book cover for paperback (back cover, spine, & front cover). The third & fourth are concepts for a completely different cover idea. Feel free to offer feedback and critique on them as well, and which would be more... effective, I guess? Thanks!

Initial / current cover design (Kindle version; front cover only):
Spoiler! :

Paperback version of the above, incl. spine and back cover:
Spoiler! :

"Four-images" version 1:
Spoiler! :

"Four-images" version 2:
Spoiler! :

And, if you're interested at all, the complete imgur album for whatever other purposes:
http://imgur.com/a/CSKh4
No matter the task, it can be accomplished if you want it badly enough.

Previously Dawnsblade.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:00 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

I think, based on what I read in the synopsis and based on general design aesthetics, the most sleek, premise-covering presentation you have is #3: Four Images No. 1. At this juncture, I'm unsure what the red ocean particularly represents, but in my head it's addressed to either madness or blood, which, I mean. Both are good and probably work for what I've read.

The cover generally entices me to read the book. And like I said, it's sleek and slim and avoids the over-abundant darkness that plagues bookshelves these days.

I'd buy it!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:59 pm
CrimsonQuill says...

Thanks so much, Lumi! I'll dust off my Photoshop and have a good go at that cover again.

Not sure if we should use the photos or commission an artist friend of ours to help out with it. Hmmm. I'll see.
No matter the task, it can be accomplished if you want it badly enough.

Previously Dawnsblade.

Please immediately cease and desist from offering Bob any more coffees with peppermint sprinkles. Thank you.
— SilverNight