z

Young Writers Society

Sketch the Character Above You

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:12 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I just got an idea that might be fun. It's basically exactly like the title says; sketch the character above you! Don't fret if you think you're no good at art or anything like that; this is just for fun, and might be a good art warm-up!

It'll work like most "the user above you" threads; one person will post some information about their character (keep it simple) and the next person will draw that character and post the sketch along with the description of their character they want drawn.

Remember: just because the artist is drawing your character, does NOT mean you can have the art- if that makes sense. So if you want to use the art elsewhere, make sure you ask the artist first.

For those that want a quick template, it's spoilered here
Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Story setting (to give an idea what clothing people should do, etc).:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

In the event of accidental double-sketching...

PM me your character profile and I'll auction the job off in this thread!

I guess I'll kick things off:

Character Name: Mason
Sex: female
Appearance: waist-length black hair, pale, blue eyes, roundish face.
Story setting: fantasy/medieval.
Other: She's missing her left shoe, in case you draw her whole profile.
100% autistic

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:56 pm
View Likes
MeatBunCat says...

Oh! I wanna try!

Now for me~

Character Name: Mist
Sex: Female
Appearance: Long, knee-length black hair, with purple highlights. Amber eyes. Soft childish face. Incredibly pale from lack of sunlight. Willowy figure. Short.
Story setting (to give an idea what clothing people should do, etc).: Fantasy/medieval/modern aesthetics
Other: She's a mage!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:18 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

IMG_5868.JPG

Ayy so I sketched out your character! I wish I could get a clearer image up here omg. But the files were all too big. :,,,( Here's a link instead!

This was super fun to do though, cause interpreting and designing characters gives me life.

OK so my character info:

Character Name: Amy
Appearance: Tall, white but really tan (extreme tan lines), freckles on face, tooth gap in front teeth, short chin-length golden blonde hair, thick brows, really fit/toned. She's a big tomboy and wears snapbacks and shorts 24/7.
Story setting (to give an idea what clothing people should do, etc).: basically a modern setting haha
Other:She's really loud and confident and she skateboards! :)

Have fun!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:51 pm
View Likes
Dest says...

soundofmind wrote:
IMG_5868.JPG

Ayy so I sketched out your character! I wish I could get a clearer image up here omg. But the files were all too big. :,,,( Here's a link instead!

This was super fun to do though, cause interpreting and designing characters gives me life.

OK so my character info:

Character Name: Amy
Appearance: Tall, white but really tan (extreme tan lines), freckles on face, tooth gap in front teeth, short chin-length golden blonde hair, thick brows, really fit/toned. She's a big tomboy and wears snapbacks and shorts 24/7.
Story setting (to give an idea what clothing people should do, etc).: basically a modern setting haha
Other:She's really loud and confident and she skateboards! :)

Have fun!

I shoulda added a skateboard @soundofmind

Character Name: Desiree "Dezzy"
Appearance: Short with rounded hips, high cheekbones, angular face, brown skin, plaits (like multiple braids), and a mole above her upper lip.
Story setting: Modern girl from the USA. You know, jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers or flats.
Other: Dezzy's very outgoing and smiles often.
Last edited by Dest on Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

23 Reviews

Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:42 am
View Likes
MeatBunCat says...

I wanna try again!

@Dest I didn't know what kind you meant, so I picked an easy one. I hope that's okay!

Now!
I wanna see even more mist please~

Appearance: Long, knee-length black hair, with purple highlights. Amber eyes. Soft childish face. Incredibly pale from lack of sunlight. Willowy figure. Short.
Story setting (to give an idea what clothing people should do, etc).: Fantasy/medieval/modern aesthetics
Other: She's a mage!

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:19 pm
View Likes
ChiravianSkies says...

Here!
Spoiler! :

Character Name: Sebastian
Sex: Male
Appearance: Dirty blonde undercut, has a long face with a goatee. He's pretty lanky and has green eyes.
Story setting (to give an idea what clothing people should do, etc).: Modern-day, but around 30 years in the future...
Other: He's a waiter who's tired 99% of the time and anxious twice as often.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:37 pm
View Likes
Dest says...

ChiravianSkies wrote:Here!
Spoiler! :

Character Name: Sebastian
Appearance: Dirty blonde undercut, has a long face with a goatee. He's pretty lanky and has green eyes.
Story setting (to give an idea what clothing people should do, etc).: Modern-day, but around 30 years in the future...
Other: He's a waiter who's tired 99% of the time and anxious twice as often.

@ChiravianSkies I guess waiters would look the same in the future

Character Name: Rexy
Appearance: Youthful, round face, big amber (read: yellow-orange) eyes, black hair scooped into one bun on top of her head, and a band-aid on her cheek
Story setting: Modern time
Other: Elementary school kid; curious and happy like most kids

23 Reviews

Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:34 am
View Likes
MeatBunCat says...

I think I'm learning! This is kinda fun~

Same dealy~ I wanna see more Mist.

Other: She's a mage, Is 16, and is prone to crying and laughing a lot.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:16 am
View Likes
Dulcet says...

Yoooo, here you go @MeatBunCat :D Ended up doing more than one quick sketches, hope you don't mindddd:
Spoiler! :

For my character:
Name: Alice
Appearance: Petite, tanned freckled skin, shoulder-length brown hair, wide green eyes. Has a small scar that cuts through her eyebrow.
Story setting (to give an idea what clothing people should do, etc).: Low fantasy, medieval-ish?
Other: Is a young florist. Looks harmless upon first glance, but is actually a bitter, abrasive person. Grumpy 99% of the time.
formerly bubblysprinkles/Bubbles
Did you know, by the way, that the sparrow flies south for the winter?

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:32 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

@Bubbles -> though I worked all morning on it, this didn't exactly turn out like I expected. but hopefully I did Alice some justice!

Spoiler! :

my request:

Name: Chris
Sex: male
Appearance: Chris is a young guy, around 20 years old. he's tall, with an athletic build. not super jacked, or anything, but toned. he has well-defined, attractive features; short brown hair [a bit tousled in the front]; tanned skin; hazel eyes; and a nose whose slight crookedness gives his face a rugged appearance. he's most often seen wearing a T-shirt (white or black?) and jeans/athletic shorts.
Story Setting: N/A
Other: he often looks either confused, dumbfounded, or mischievous/flirtatious ??? so any of the associated expressions would be a bonus (though anything's great).
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:20 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

@passenger, hope this looks okay!
Spoiler! :
I was going for the confused look. He looks more sad than anything xD Image

Character Name: Arena
Appearance: Egyptian heritage: long dark natural hair, dark brown eye (only the left eye is exposed; the other is covered by an eye patch), tanned skin. Dressed in a plains Native American-esque dress except with material of black deerskin instead of tawny/brown. If you want to add beads to the dress, they'd be white and brown. Straw hat slung around her neck.
Story setting: Ordadus. Comparable to the wild American Great Plains/mountains in the 1700s.
Other: She's serious, proud, and independent.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

23 Reviews

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:21 am
View Likes
MeatBunCat says...

@Wolfical

More Mist plz~

@ChiravianSkies
@Bubbles

I love those! Can I post them on my wall? Also, whoever post next, can I put your drawing of Mist on my wall?

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:43 am
View Likes
Hattable says...

@MeatBunCat

Feel free to post to your wall if you'd like

Character Name: Avery
Appearance: Average height, light brown short but unkempt hair, blue eyes, round nose (but not like a stubby nose), light skin, he might wear a tweed suit or a fancy coat or something of that sort
Story setting (to give an idea what clothing people should do, etc).: --
Other: He's supposed to be British, if that changes anything

this is a very rough idea of what he's supposed to look like, since I can't really decide on anything, which is ridiculous considering I've been working on the story he plays main character in for well over a year and a half
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

23 Reviews

Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:20 pm
View Likes
MeatBunCat says...

@Hattable
My cousin is teaching me color theory~
(he's annoyed that I am using his "power for weeboo")

More Mist plz~

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:45 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Time for me to actually participate in this, I guess! XP

Spoiler! :

It turned out better than I thought it would, in all honesty. But I'm not too happy with the tears.

Character Name: Kent
Appearance: Brown hair, green eyes, average height, glasses. He tends to wear jeans but has a nice dress-coat (something akin to this but feel free to be creative)
100% autistic

huh. didn't realize santa was a batman fan-
— Mageheart