z

Young Writers Society

Zolen wants points [Open for drawing Commissions]

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:32 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

So I'm starting another story, so I'm in need of points. Sure I could review people like a responsible person, and I will. But I also felt like I need more practice drawing, so instead I'm opening my doors to art request, in a very specific style of mine that I developed recently, some of you might know it.

Commission Types

Head-Only- 50
Half-Body- 100
Full-Body -200

Coloring
No-Colors- 50
Flat-Colors- 100
Full-Colors- 150

Just Add the type and Color together to get your price, for example:
Head-Only- 50 + Full-Colors- 150 = 200
Half-Body- 100 + Flat-Colors- 100 = 200
Full-Body -200 + Full-Colors- 150 = 350

Backgrounds can be blank, transparent, or filled with color, what ever you want, if its complex then I might request an additional 50-100 points.

Rules:
No 18+ content
No Extreme forms of gore (decapitation, people ripped apart, etc)
Please Credit Zolen if you plan to post this anywhere else, either under Zolen, or my http://www.deviantart.com username Unendingdreamer.
Please understand that I might decline a commission at any time.

Things I need for your commission:
1.) Some sort of reference, if you can't offer any, give me a detailed outline of how they look, eye color, hair style, clothes, skin color, height.
2.) Give me what kind of pose you want them in, if you can't think of anything, tell me a personality.

For now I am going to open up with 3 request slots, if I can get through all of them quickly then I will open up for more.
Open Slots:
1.)@Lightsong
2.)
3.)
Last edited by Zolen on Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

110 Reviews

Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:43 am
Zolen says...

Just a note.

Because of various plans, I will be busy from the 30th on. If nobodies shown a interest by then, consider this closed.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:28 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

Commission Type: Full Body [200]
Coloring: Full Colours [150]
Additional Info: Sunset for background. Prefer subject to sit on a high chair fits for a queen[100]
Subject Description: She held out her hands as if presenting them a tangible problem, and her loose white gown showed their paleness. Her face was covered with a white scarf as part of the belief that Sun discouraged the show of bare skin. She had a plump body for a mother of two.
Total Price: [450]
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

110 Reviews

Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:02 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

@Lightsong Thank you, expect a pm with a few rough sketches based on your discription on the 25th.

110 Reviews

Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:47 pm
Zolen says...

Lightsong's is done, however this is closed since I had no other reactions.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:56 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Zolen that's actually a shame, since I was saving an idea for a comission here but didn't have a clear enough description for it yet. Um, is it b
possible to have a last second one in before this is closed?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

110 Reviews

Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:03 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

@Tortwag Sure.

40 Reviews

Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:45 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Zolen

Comission Type: Full Body [200]
Coloring: Full Colours [150]
Background: A typical wild west saloon (such as this one:
Spoiler! :
). The saloon would be facing the observer, and would have "Target Striker" as a sub-title right below the "Saloon" title.

Description: First off, here's a reference for the pose:
Spoiler! :

And the character:
Spoiler! :

The character, a Yoshi, should have a cowboy/wester feel to his attire, just like the background suggests, holding a gun similar to this one:
Spoiler! :

Do send a PM in case I didn't give enough details. Or... too much, lol.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

110 Reviews

Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:03 pm
Zolen says...

@Tortwag That is a incredibly weird Yoshi. As I thought the whole point of those things was looking 'cute'. Oh well

The background will cost 100 extra points because of complexity, so 450.

Expect a sketch in 1 to 3 days. Please try to reply as soon as possible. I tend to like to ask what people want to change as I go, so if you don't reply much, something that could take a day or two, could end up taking weeks or longer.

40 Reviews

Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:33 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Zolen One look at my wall or my signature and you realize that:
A) I'm weird myself :smt003
B) I'm not necessarily looking for cute :3
C) (bonus!) A Western-themed Yoshi has already been made in Mario Party 2. See mine as an experimental enhanced version of that.
And well they're only cute graphic-wise. They do, after all, make eggs out of enemies they eat alive before hurling them at opponents as projectiles. Thus killing both new enemies AND those trapped in the eggs, lol.

Of course! I expected it.

Yes, that makes sense. I'll try to be careful. Thanks for taking the trouble!

40 Reviews

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:33 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Zolen Welp, it's been a lot more than 1 to 3 days, and I did stay in YWS during that time in case you sent me a message or PM of some sort to make sure that I'd be there if you needed anything - which didn't happen yet, so I assume you're fine. May I ask if you're doing fine or if you do need details though? I wouldn't like this commission to screw up whatever activity you have to do in real life too much (and I mean I don't really mind waiting, it's a comission after all).

110 Reviews

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 pm
Zolen says...

@Tortwag Forgive me, college finals happened, and I am still swamped with various assignments. I forget the time when I gave that eta. My final test will end next Wednesday, please pm me if I don't send a pm on that day with a proper eta.

40 Reviews

Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:41 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Zolen Yeah, I guessed something along those lines had happened - it's usually the reason people here start vanishing, myself included. ACE THESE EXAMS LIKE THEY'RE OVERLY BIG SHOOTING TARGETS! I'll send ya that PM on next Wednesday as requested. Seriously though, best of luck! My commission comes WAY second there, I can wait :)

Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
— Søren Kierkegaard