Young Writers Society

Allie's Design Studio [OPEN]

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:50 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

Cover Shop Banner.png

Welcome to my studio! In addition to all the other stuff I do, I'm a graphic designer with about three years of experience. I started out designing book covers for people on another writing website, and thought I'd get back into it here! :)

Before we get started, let's lay down a few ground rules:
  • No vulgar, hateful, or 18+ stuff, k?
  • I reserve the right to decline a design request for any reason.
  • Please be a dear and credit Allison Rose / AllisontheWriter if using my design anywhere on the Web, especially outside YWS.

For 250 points, I'll design a customized wall banner for use on YWS.

Username:
Subtitle Text (if desired):
Theme:
Specific Images (please leave links to them here and I will try to incorporate them into the cover):
Additional details:

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Subtitle Text (if desired):[/b]
[b]Theme:[/b]
[b]Specific Images (please leave links to them here and I will try to incorporate them into the cover):[/b]
[list][*]
[*]
[*][/list]
[b]Additional details:[/b]

For 500 points, I'll design an eBook cover for personal use on YWS, Wattpad, Figment, etc. (Please state which sites you'd be using this cover for, because Wattpad and Figment have different cover size requirements.)

Book Title:
Byline (if desired):
Author Name (or penname):
Story Summary:
Genre:
Specific Images (please leave links to them here and I will try to incorporate them into the cover):
Additional details:

[b]Book Title:[/b]
[b]Byline (if desired):[/b]
[b]Author Name (or penname):[/b]
[b]Story Summary:[/b]
[b]Genre:[/b]
[b]Specific Images (please leave links to them here and I will try to incorporate them into the cover):[/b]
[list][*]
[*]
[*][/list]

For 1500 points, I'll happily make a custom, full-size book cover (front cover only) for personal or commercial use. For an additional 500 points, I'll throw in a spine and back cover. This is great for self-publishing authors or NaNoWriMo winners wanting to print copies of their novels through CreateSpace, Lulu, etc.!

Please note that any designs intended for commercial use will only contain public domain or creative commons licensed images and fonts.

Book Title:
Byline:
Author Name:
Spine & Back Cover? [+500 points]
Is this cover intended for personal or commercial use?
Story Summary/Blurb (for back cover, if desired):
Genre: [so I get an idea of what sort of mood the cover should have]
Specific Images:
Additional details:

[b]Book Title:[/b]
[b]Byline:[/b]
[b]Author Name:[/b]
[b]Spine & Back Cover? [+500 points][/b]
[b]Is this cover intended for [i]personal [/i]or [i]commercial[/i] use?[/b]
[b]Story Summary/Blurb (for back cover, if desired):[/b]
[b]Genre:[/b] [so I get an idea of what sort of mood the cover should have]
[b]Specific Images:[/b]
[list][*]
[*]
[*][/list]

Have a great day!

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:25 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

Hello! I'll be first :D

I would like a regular book cover, size doesn't matter because I'm not posting it on any writing site. I might send it out when I send out the novel to beta readers, otherwise I'll just keep it for my own viewing pleasure because I have an idea in my head and I want to see it in real life.

Anyway...

Book Title: Liz + Zac
Byline: a novel
Author Name: Carlito
Spine & Back Cover? [+500 points] not for now :)
Is this cover intended for personal or commercial use? personal
Story Summary/Blurb (for back cover, if desired):
Genre: [so I get an idea of what sort of mood the cover should have] YA contemporary romance
Specific Images:
three
Additional details:
So this is my vision - I want the majority of the cover to be a tree trunk, but it doesn't have to be entirely a tree trunk. On the tree trunk I want there to be a heart carved out (like the pictures), and within the heart I want it to look like Liz + Zac is carved out of the tree too. "A novel" can either looked carved out too or be off to the side in a normal font/color whatever. My name can also look normal. I tend to like fonts that look like handwriting/italics/cursive. I love cool colors over warm colors.
I know this is a really specific request, so do the best you can! :) This carving in a tree is an important element in the story which is why I think it would make a cool cover. Don't sweat it if it can't be done!

Thanks! :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

49 Reviews

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:30 am
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

@Carlito, I'm on it! I have a few designs in mind based on your idea - I'll get to work ASAP. :)

49 Reviews

Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:18 am
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

@Carlito, here you go!

Carlito_Liz+Zac.png
Carlito_Liz+Zac.png (89.09 KiB) Viewed 255 times

I hope it's all right that I ended up using clipart instead of realistic photos. If the colors are too dark or the fonts aren't quite right, please let me know. I'm happy to change them!

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown