z

Young Writers Society

Mea's Makings

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:21 am
View Likes
Mea says...

So, this year in school I'm taking an art class *and* a pottery class, and I'm having a lot of fun in both. I'm not hugely artistic, but I really enjoy making art when I get the opportunity, and I though I'd share some of what I do in this thread.

(Warning, pictures may not be very good, I'm no photographer.)

But yeah! Art and pottery! Here we go.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:12 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

So, right now I only have pottery pictures, as all my stuff from art is still at school and I don't know when I'll get to take it home.

These bowls were all made using a potter's wheel, and they are the first bowls I've ever made on a wheel - that's how new I am. The first two had already been thrown. I only trimmed and glazed them. But the second two I made from scratch. :)

Spoiler! :
DSCF5587.jpg

DSCF5609.jpg

This one didn't turn out quite how I'd have liked, though I do love the spiderweb lines.

Spoiler! :
Untitled.png

DSCF5606.jpg

I love this one. It was supposed to be a pattern of branches along the outside, but somehow the glaze kind of dripped and spread randomly. Still, it's gorgeous.

On to the ones I threw!
Spoiler! :
DSCF5616.jpg

Bowl2.png

I love the colors on this one, but it wobbles because I messed up the feet. xD

Spoiler! :
DSCF5623.jpg

DSCF5621.jpg

This one just might be my favorite. The colors and the glass in the bottom are really pretty, although the shape of the bowl is really shallow and a bit odd. I made the roses from a mold.

And that's it for now! Will update this as I make more stuff + get pictures taken of it. Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions about them, feel free to ask!
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
— Neil Gaiman