z

Young Writers Society

Mea's Makings

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:21 am
View Likes
Mea says...

So, this year in school I'm taking an art class *and* a pottery class, and I'm having a lot of fun in both. I'm not hugely artistic, but I really enjoy making art when I get the opportunity, and I though I'd share some of what I do in this thread.

(Warning, pictures may not be very good, I'm no photographer.)

But yeah! Art and pottery! Here we go.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:12 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

So, right now I only have pottery pictures, as all my stuff from art is still at school and I don't know when I'll get to take it home.

These bowls were all made using a potter's wheel, and they are the first bowls I've ever made on a wheel - that's how new I am. The first two had already been thrown. I only trimmed and glazed them. But the second two I made from scratch. :)

Spoiler! :
DSCF5587.jpg

DSCF5609.jpg

This one didn't turn out quite how I'd have liked, though I do love the spiderweb lines.

Spoiler! :
Untitled.png

DSCF5606.jpg

I love this one. It was supposed to be a pattern of branches along the outside, but somehow the glaze kind of dripped and spread randomly. Still, it's gorgeous.

On to the ones I threw!
Spoiler! :
DSCF5616.jpg

Bowl2.png

I love the colors on this one, but it wobbles because I messed up the feet. xD

Spoiler! :
DSCF5623.jpg

DSCF5621.jpg

This one just might be my favorite. The colors and the glass in the bottom are really pretty, although the shape of the bowl is really shallow and a bit odd. I made the roses from a mold.

And that's it for now! Will update this as I make more stuff + get pictures taken of it. Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions about them, feel free to ask!
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn