Young Writers Society

Kitty's creations

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:25 pm
View Likes
writerkitty says...

Hi everyone! ^_^
I've been making a lot of clay charms and key tags recently using the clay which I made by myself! :D And I thought to share some pictures of them with you guys. They're not pretty and I need to improve a lot! But, I really enjoy making them and I made these charms for a school project!

Oh, and critiques are totally welcome! :D

These are a few stars I made using air dry clay! ^_^
Attachments
stars.JPG

Just keep writing, writing, WRITING! :D

151 Reviews

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:32 pm
View Likes
writerkitty says...

Here are a few more charms! I made two cats because @Orange told me that they look cute!
Attachments
more charms.JPG

151 Reviews

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:37 pm
View Likes
writerkitty says...

Here's another picture of the cat! I was going to make it a red cat, but I accidently changed its color. ^_^ However, I think this color suits the nature of the charm.
Attachments
kitty.JPG

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:27 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Ah they're so cute! The cats are adoable omg. :O Not really a critique, but adding a little white dot in their eyes might give it a bit more of a shine!

What clay do you use? You mentioned air-dry?

Also what glaze do you use? I work with clay as well and I've been meaning to get more glaze because I'm running out, but I don't really like the one I have now >,<
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

151 Reviews

Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:31 am
View Likes
writerkitty says...

I'm glad you like them! :D
Oh, and adding a small dot in the eyes is a pretty good idea! Thanks, I'll try that out!

Yup! I used air dry clay. And I made it myself. You just need a few simple ingredients to make the clay. (corn flour, oil, white glue, little bit of vinegar)
And about the glaze, it's really hard to find polymer clay, glaze and other materials like that in my country. I tried buying some online, but it takes a while to get shipped. And my project had to be done in two weeks, so for the glaze, I just used clear nail polish. It kinda worked. ^_^ (But I do recommend Sculpey gloss glaze.)

As a writer, I'm more interested in what people tell themselves happened rather than what actually happened.
— Kazuo Ishiguro