z

Young Writers Society

Reine's List of Memories

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon May 23, 2016 12:50 pm
Vervain says...

So I kiiiind of got a point and click camera for Christmas, and I haven't really used it much, but I went to the beach today and took a couple of pictures that I think turned out all right, so I thought I'd share. I'll probably upload a few today, then completely forget I ever made this thread and come back to it in like. two years.

Disclaimer: I never said my photography was any good.
stay off the faerie paths

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon May 23, 2016 1:27 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

these pictures are kind of huge so I added links to the original versions c: click if you want to see it larger! (also this took me FOREVER.)

-- a shell I found at high tide.

-- the beach grass and sea grapes; it's a beautiful contrast to the usually far-too-manicured plant life you see alongside the roads here.

-- birb! also, as you can see, our beaches are rather steep. I had to walk down about 15 feet to get from the sand to the water, where this little guy was -- but that's nothing compared to the walk back up. (I may or may not have almost fallen on my face. twice.)

-- the ocean was so flat and calm today. gotta watch out for those sea lice tho.

-- and last but not least, mostly for fun, here's a photo of a ship's wheel that they have displayed at the beach! this is from the schooner Evadne, which wrecked off the Keys a hundred years ago.
stay off the faerie paths

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights