z

Young Writers Society

Reine's List of Memories

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon May 23, 2016 12:50 pm
Vervain says...

So I kiiiind of got a point and click camera for Christmas, and I haven't really used it much, but I went to the beach today and took a couple of pictures that I think turned out all right, so I thought I'd share. I'll probably upload a few today, then completely forget I ever made this thread and come back to it in like. two years.

Disclaimer: I never said my photography was any good.
stay off the faerie paths

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon May 23, 2016 1:27 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

these pictures are kind of huge so I added links to the original versions c: click if you want to see it larger! (also this took me FOREVER.)

-- a shell I found at high tide.

-- the beach grass and sea grapes; it's a beautiful contrast to the usually far-too-manicured plant life you see alongside the roads here.

-- birb! also, as you can see, our beaches are rather steep. I had to walk down about 15 feet to get from the sand to the water, where this little guy was -- but that's nothing compared to the walk back up. (I may or may not have almost fallen on my face. twice.)

-- the ocean was so flat and calm today. gotta watch out for those sea lice tho.

-- and last but not least, mostly for fun, here's a photo of a ship's wheel that they have displayed at the beach! this is from the schooner Evadne, which wrecked off the Keys a hundred years ago.
stay off the faerie paths

Thou call'dst me a dog before thou hadst cause. But, since I am a dog, beware my fangs.
— Shylock, The Merchant of Venice