Young Writers Society

Character Commissions

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed May 11, 2016 1:17 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@DrThomas Here is your final piece! For fun I did a version with her name in fancy script.

Below are links to the higher resolution images, and smaller versions as well (since I can't attach large files).

Portrait V.1 - no text

commission astrid smol.jpg

Portrait V.2 - text

commission smol.jpg

I hope you like it!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 15, 2016 7:35 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@Audy here is your completed commission!

There are a bunch of different versions (just different cropping and background stuff), just because I was messing around.

1. 2. 3.

commission 2 smol best.jpg

commission 2 smol.jpg

If there are any changes you'd like made I can do quick fixes (like colors and stuff)!

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon May 16, 2016 4:20 am
bluewaterlily says...

Your art is amazing, so excited for what you will draw!

Full body with color, shading, and lining.

Character: Eric Van Holden

Eric.jpg
Eric.jpg (6.89 KiB) Viewed 619 times

Eric is half Italian and half American. Eric is tall, almost 5'7'' and still growing. Like the rest of his siblings, he has pale but slightly tanned coloured skin which he inherited from his mother's side. Like his older brothers, he is very handsome, with sharp facial features that compliment his boyish good-looks. His eyes are a deep sea blue which brighten whenever he's up to mischief. He has short chestnut coloured curls which are artfully tussled at the top of his head and shaved close at the sides and back. After his car-accident, Eric has a small scar on the side of his right brow from the glass impact of a car accident.

He has a confident and even at times, arrogant, personality and is known for being cocky. He is outgoing and charismatic and is a talented football player and very determined. His signature expression is a smirk with one corner of his mouth lifted up.

For this picture, it's going to be a ball scene so I was wondering if I could request specific costumes. Eric will be wearing a black tux. Maybe something like this:

40cb026a80be29fb526fd9d0cdc27d7f.jpg
Eric suit
40cb026a80be29fb526fd9d0cdc27d7f.jpg (10.88 KiB) Viewed 619 times

It's also a masquerade so I want him to be holding a mask in his hand, slightly lowered away from his face, like he is unmasked. Maybe a mask that looks like the first open in the top of the picture:

masks.jpg

Eric will be standing back to back with the next character and his love interest, Melody Grey.
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon May 16, 2016 4:48 am
bluewaterlily says...

Sorry, had to split this post into two because I could not upload 3 more attachments. Okay here is my second character, Melody Grey.

Melody is 5"'5, average height. She has light skin and large gray-green eyes that are piercing. The color of her eyes depends on her mood. Long thinly arched eyebrows. She has a rounded heart-shaped face and contoured cheeks. To exaggerate her eyes, she wears heavy mascara. She has an eyebrow piercing and her ears are pierced as well. She has long thick black hair that is wavy. She has a reserved and introverted personality but at the same time is very independent and hates asking for help. She is the complete opposite of Eric in terms of personality and often has a serious, pensive even sometimes brooding look on her face. But when she does smile, it makes her face whole face light up.

melody2.jpg

This is a good reference picture though I would really appreciate it if you could make the eyes brighter.

Here is the dress she will be wearing:

And I was thinking to top off the look, she could be wearing a red mask, probably Venetian styled. Something like this maybe. As for the pose, I would also like her back to back with Eric, and for the mask, one hand will be holding the mask to her face. And it will look like she is trying to pull the mask off her face but isn't sure if she should. It would be a really cool juxtaposition to Eric who is unmasked. (This is a Romeo and Juliet retelling in case you're wondering, haha). And for her expression, I think to show the chemistry she has with Eric, she will be smiling, especially since it feels good to finally pull the mask off.

Here's a good reference picture for the mask and pose I found but feel free to experiment:

redmask2.jpg
redmask2.jpg (41.62 KiB) Viewed 615 times

Sorry if the details seem too nitty-gritty, especially with the clothing. Feel free to experiment or use other references especially for the tux and masks, I just really hope you can draw the red dress.
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

174 Reviews

Supporter

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:31 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@BlueAfrica Here is the completed commission!

Higher res
Higher res w/out green circle in bg

commission blueafricasmall.jpg

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:12 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Thank you so much! They're absolutely beautiful!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:11 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

<3 @BlueAfrica I'm glad you like it!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:28 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Here is your finished commission! I hope you like it! :)

Higher res

commission jumpingsheepsmall.jpg

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:39 pm
View Likes
jumpingsheep says...

Oh my gosh I love it so much! Expecially the little details on the patches! Thank you so so much @soundofmind
hello there

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:43 pm
soundofmind says...

I'm so happy you like it! You're very welcome! @jumpingsheep

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:17 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

I know, I took FOREVER to do this.

But I'll do it now.

(I need to review more XDD)

So, here's my characters. I think the grand total cost will be about 550 points, paid after it's done, because I need to review more. >_> (so yeah) Basically I'm requesting two characters, fully drawn (lineart+color+shading), like back to back or something.

SO, LET'S DO THIS.

Spoiler! :
My first character, named Skye, is a little taller than average, maybe 5'7. Her most prominent feature is her wild platinum-blonde faux hawk. She has high cheekbones and full lips and is quite slim, but she does have a noticeably muscular figure in general. She does have Korean heritage, so her skin is tanned, and her eyes are almond-shaped (eyebrows are dark and medium thickness, I guess. However, the irises are silver.

So, the rest of her, just like a general description of what she wears: (this is optional, just a vague description) A black tank, and fairly short jean-shorts (I can't think of the word XD), and then a white cloak. One of those dramatic, medieval types but with a hood. Preferably, the hood is down, so people can see her awesome hair. ^_^

On that subject, she also wears a metal belt-type thing that is magnetized I suppose, so she can hold all of her shurikens (those are her weapon of choice).

I guess for shoes, she wears black knee-high combat boots. And stuff.

This may seem really specific, and I'm sorry about that XD I hope it's not too complicated, though.

NEXT CHARACTER:

Next is her partner, Jayden. The basics are, he's caucasian, with blonde hair and blue eyes, sort of tan, but not that much.

Hair reference:

Jayden hair.jpg
Jayden hair.jpg (12.85 KiB) Viewed 387 times

That's just the style, but maybe it'd be a little longer and less put together XDDD

Features... ah here we go

Weak jawline, painfully skinny, thick eyebrows (darker than his hair), (just listing I guess XDD) not really all that muscular, but I guess he would have some definition XD, slightly upturned nose...

A REALLY IMPORTANT FEATURE IS HIS PROSTHETIC RIGHT HAND. It's gold in color, and looks sort of like this:

Jayden Hand.jpg

I'm trying to be as detailed as possible so it's easier XD

There's also a ruby on the back of his hand that's triangular.

And his fingertips are pointed. :P

Sooo, clothing. I think just some form of t-shirt and torn jeans and that'll be good. Also, a similar belt, doesn't have to be metal. Two sheaths, one on either side, one for a sword, the other for a throwing knife (for sizes).

Also, he has a cloak pretty much exactly the same as Skye's, except it's deep red (on the darker side). In the picture, it could be flipped up?

So, for the position they're in, they'd probably be all brood-ey and stuff. Serious. They'd be pretty much back-to-back, except in more of a 3/4 view so you could see more of their faces and stuff. (this is what I see in my mind's eye.) I think their cloaks would be flaring out together, curving around their bodies a bit in the back but pretty straight in the front cause visibility.

Their arms at a ninety-degree angle I guess so their palms are directly facing the imaginary "camera". It would be Jayden's right so you could see the prosthetic better, and Skye's left, I guess XD

So. I think that wraps that up. If you need more info, PM me! :D

(I tried to squeeze in all the details so you wouldn't have to XD I don't want to seem suuuper meticulous though and snobby or something.)

Weeelll that ends that! I'm super excited to see it! :D
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:56 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I'm a month late, hah. *sweats* @SkyeWalker

BUT IT'S DONE.

skyewalker commission smol.jpg

I hope this is ok!!

Higher Res. Version

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:12 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

SOUNDOFMIND'S CHIBI COMMISSIONS

Hello there!

Commissions are currently CLOSED!

Spoiler! :
Why only chibi commissions this time, you ask? Because they're quicker to do, and doing full character portraits takes more time that I have right now. I will open up portrait types later, just not this round of commissions.

Would you like me to draw one of your characters? It can be one from your story, a stand alone oc, or even a character from a fandom or someone else's story. Here's some info on how this will work:

Commission Pricing

Chibi - 50-100 points
> Simple character designs are 50. Designs with more armor/layers/etc will be 100.
> They'll look like these!

If there's more than one character, it'll be +50 per character.

Examples of What They'll Look Like

chibi ex1.jpg
chibi ex1.jpg (57.86 KiB) Viewed 341 times

chibi ex3.jpg
chibi ex3.jpg (66.57 KiB) Viewed 341 times

chibi ex2.jpg
chibi ex2.jpg (32.34 KiB) Viewed 341 times

What I Will Draw
> People: kids - elders
> Any variation of the human race - elves, fairies, dwarves, human-like aliens, etc.

What I Won't Draw
> Anything you wouldn't show your parents. (18+)
> Gore
> Animals
> Babies
> Anthros

How to Commission Me
1. Tell me how many characters you can to commission. I will accept up to 3 per commissioner.
2. Link me a reference (preferably 2, but one works) picture to the character you
want drawn. It doesn't matter if you drew it, or if it's a photo from the internet. I just need to know what they look like. If you don't have a picture reference, then a
description is fine. Just make sure it is detailed! The drawing will only be as
accurate as the description (w/in the range of my current ability to draw it).
3. Any specifications? What expression do you want them to have? What pose? What's their personality like? What else do I need to know to make it look like them?
4. You can comment your request here or you can pm me. Whatever you prefer is
fine.

Hopefully this is clear! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Below are the slots for who is currently on the commission waiting list. I'll cross them out when I finish the commission for that person, and I'll contact the commissioner and give them the picture. I'll post finished commissions here in this thread! Commissions will be completed in the order received.

Commission Slots
1. not currently available
Last edited by soundofmind on Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 14 times in total.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:02 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Okie dokie, here is my character I want drawn in chibi form. Iĺl give you 200 for her. c:

Name: Juniper Jennings

Reference: Well, I don't have a picture of her, but I'll describe her. Also, not sure if you'll need all this info for a chibi but I'll provide it anyway. Juniper is a sixteen/seventeen year old girl. She has puffy, slightly wavy red hair that reaches to about her middle back. Green eyes. Pale skin. Lots of freckles - across her nose, cheeks, shoulders a bit of her forehead. She has thin(ish) lips and is a average built person in general. "Average" bust and height.

If she could be wearing maybe just jeans or jean shorts and a simple, lime green or sky blue tank top, that'd be awesome! As for shoes, just some regular flats or converse or casual shoes like those - I'm not too picky.

Personality/Pose/Etc: She's a friendly person in general, haha. A cute-ish, a bit friendly expression would do the trick - pretty much, happy. Maybe if she could could just be standing and her arms either crossed or behind her back. A small smile, too. I think that's about it - if you need me to add anything just let me know!
Last edited by EternalRain on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

u can't have villains exist just 2 b villains
— ShadowVyper