Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:47 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

SOUNDOFMIND'S COMMISSIONS

Hello there!

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED.
Last edited by soundofmind on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:57 am, edited 31 times in total.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:50 am
Rosendorn says...

How would the costs change if we wanted multiple characters?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:00 am
soundofmind says...

@Rosendorn Thanks for asking! Gah, I knew I would forgot something!

If there's more than one character, it'll be +50 per character for sketches, and +100 for anything with Lineart/Color/Shading.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:52 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Hey! Wow, I really love this, and your dA work is amazing!

I would really love a shaded bust of my main character, Astrid Race. My best character ref for Astrid is Alicia Vikander from Anna Karenina:

Spoiler! :

Except Astrid's hair is very yellow blonde, and she tends to wear it in a sort of braided bun (think like a braid tucked up under itself) at the nape of her neck. She's tanned, brown eyes and as I say, yellow hair, and she wears green mostly and ultimately looks like she's part of a forest. Astrid is 18 and a duchess living in circa the 17th century, but in terms of whatever clothes or at least shoulders you're drawing for her, she's still a school girl so they'd be finely made but not super fancy and grand. She's a very serious, anxious person, so her expression would be something along those lines. Her storyline revolves around trying to save her kidnapped best friend (the crown princess) and stop a civil war so, as you might imagine, she looks like she's got a lot on her plate.

I don't know if that's enough information, let me know if you need more! :)
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:35 am
soundofmind says...

@StellaThomas this is great! I'm excited to draw her! I'll likely get to working on it this weekend! :)

And quick note in regards to payment: you can pre-pay if you want, or pay upon retrieval of the character portrait. I don't really care either way!

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:37 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

*agrees with Stella* Your art is amazing :o

*nabs spot* I'll give you 1000 points for two characters full body&color. I'm typing on my phone now but when I get to a computer in some 8ish hours from now, if it's ok I'll fill in details and specs and references. Thanks for doing this!

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:44 pm
bluewaterlily says...

*snags spot* Your art is seriously amazing! In a hurry but I will be sure to add in the details in afew hours.
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:42 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Grabs spot! And now that that's done, I'm going to edit this post with details.

Spoiler! :
Full body with color and shading.

Character: Liza (Elizabeth Eleanor) Smithson

Liza at the beginning of the story is trapped in her life. If you asked her she'd say she's happy enough, but she doesn't like her job or how she looks, her parents are dead and her sister estranged, and she suspects her husband is having an affair.

Appearance: Medium-to-dark brown skin with a few darker age spots on her face. She's average height (around 5'7) and a larger woman. (Think Queen Latifah, back before she lost weight.) Her hair is kinky, but she keeps it cut really, really short so she doesn't have to do anything with it. It's also a lot more gray than black at this point. Her eyes are brown and have crow's feet. She also has wrinkles forming in her forehead. She radiates exhaustion, even when she smiles, but she tries not to let anyone see how miserable she is (including herself). She has full lips. Her teeth rarely show when she smiles.

Clothes: When not working, Liza wears jeans, a t-shirt, and flats (except on special occasions). When working, she squeezes into old business clothes that are professional but no longer fashionable and just a little too tight these days.

Base price: 450 points.

Extra character in the picture: Conrad Bartholomew Smithson, her husband

(He's sort of magicky, that's why.)

Conrad loves Liza with all his heart, but he generally fails to see her misery because he's always so happy with life himself. His pet name for her is "dove," and p.s. he is actually not having an affair (although he is hiding other things from her. See "magicky," above.)

Appearance: Quite tall, about 6'3. Darker skin than Liza, but no age spots or wrinkles to speak of. He's completely bald but keeps a neatly trimmed beard and mustache that frame his mouth like a window. His teeth are white and even and nearly always show when he smiles. He also has brown eyes, over which he wears wire-frame glasses. He's thinner than Liza in most ways, but he has a large belly and looks like the kind of person who has a nice, deep laugh.

Clothes: Wears black or grey slacks, a white shirt, and a brightly colored vest with matching bowtie. Also, he is a balloon artist and makes balloon animals for children at the park.

Cost of extra character: 100 points.

Total: 550 points. I'll pay up when my commission is done!

Let me know if you need any more information or if there are further price adjustments (or if I simply got mine wrong).

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:08 am
View Likes
jumpingsheep says...

Taking this spot! I'll also edit with details!

Spoiler! :

Hello!
So I'm thinking that I would like a half body, Lineart + Color + Shading.

My character is named Jayleen. She is about fifteen years old, and she's Indian/Afghani with hazel eyes and black hair that's in loose curls. Here's a reference picture for other features!
Like I said, her eyes are hazel, and her hair is maybe a tad bit longer than in the reference photo (probably coming to right above her eyebrows).
Jayleen generally wears a red jacket, (sort of like a windbreaker, but slightly longer) that is covered with patches from different planets that she's visited. The jacket is usually unzipped and she wears a white tank top underneath. Jayleen also lugs around a black backpack that she keeps all of her stuff in.

She would probably be wearing a very determined, but also slightly playful expression, on her face. She'd be standing, backpack slung over one of her shoulders, and either looking at the viewer or at the skies.

Some other personality details (just because I love talking about her so much :P )

Jayleen is a wanderer and she hops across the galaxy on whatever transits she can find. Through the story, she ends up forming a large group of friends to help her on her missions. Jayleen does not have a love interest, as she is not into romance or anything beyond that. While Jayleen is very spontaneous, and can create brilliant plans, she tends to be rash on occasion, which leads to several disastrous situations, and she has a sketchier past that she is rather guarded about. Though she is a very joyful person, Jayleen has a habit of self-destructive decisions, and her friends are worried about her apparent "death wish", something that Jayleen herself must confront in the final act of the story.

I'm going to prepay (250, right?).
Last edited by jumpingsheep on Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
hello there

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:57 am
soundofmind says...

@SkyeWalker omg aaa there's one spot left come quicklyyyyyy (I'd just feel terrible if you couldn't get one in the first round of commissions, since it was your suggestion in the first place).

@Audy @bluewaterlily @jumpingsheep Alright, I'll be looking forward to the details!

@BlueAfrica I love how these two sound! They sound super developed and like they have so much life. They'll be fun to draw!

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:12 am
SkyeWalker says...

I will snag a spot then. SNAGGED. I'll order tomorrow, though. XD
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:52 am
View Likes
Audy says...

Posting again so you get the notif ^^

Fiel Montroy

Spoiler! :

She's a 20-year-old ostrich rider. Actually if you can draw her on an overgrown silver-white ostrich it would be amazing (but not necessary because I imagine that would be absurdly difficult and time-consuming).

Appearance-wise she is petite in the 5 foot range with wild/crazy/big hair and black knobby ram horns on the top of her head (like a satyr but without the goat feet :P) She has tan/mocha skintone -she spends a lot of time in the sun out and about so she'll have tan-lines, dark freckles around her nose and shoulders, hazel eyes and BIG curly/wavy hair that's honey-brown in color, she wears her hair mostly loose with the front pieces held back in a braid. Reference pic: Closest I can find probably a young Aishwarya Rai like these: [1] [2] [3].

Facial expression like #3 suits her. She's generally kind/warm, determined. As far as clothing - my setting is fantasy/sci-fi with dieselpunk aesthetics which basically means layers upon layers (this is why I will shower you with points). She'll be wearing equestrian gear (those long boots <3) with a bright yellow half-bustle and maybe a quarter-length (like shoulder length) hooded cloak something like this, but not quite so angry red? The hooded cloak is for her to hide her horns, because she's self-conscious about them - also why she wears her hair so crazy, less likely to notice them amidst all the curls.

As far as pose, I dunno, anything? Hands behind her back and a beaming smile? I just want her to come across as a genuine warm person with an adventurous spirit.

Liander Kenderley

Spoiler! :

He's 26, spy-captain and comes from an aristocratic family. Your typical smirky, full-of-himself bravado and arrogance, essentially the kind of person who likes to command the room, crack jokes, and be an all-around flirt. I mostly see him in my mind's eye with a jokey-grin and one hand ruffling his hair, or otherwise smoking a cigarette with a dark, sardonic expression on his face.

Appearance - He's tall, 6'3", muscular in build as he's spent most of his life in the military, so he's going to stand with back straight/shoulders out, etc. He has pale skin, dark, jet black hair shorter in the back than in the front, and light, grey eyes. Clothing-wise would be something similar to these: [1] [2] No hat or swords though, just fancy looking guns. And maybe the coat/uniform a dark maroon color.

Reference: [1] [2]
These are two different references that don't really look too much like one another, but somehow both give me the Liand-vibe xD I unno.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:08 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@jumpingsheep , yep! 250 is correct.

@BlueAfrica They sound like a really interesting couple!! aaa

@Audy Thanks for the notif! ...I dunno man... I might try my hand at an ostrich. Maybe. We'll see. ;)

Just a heads up to all you guys, I'll try to get these done as soon as I can, but realistically that looks like getting about one done per week (as long as things in life don't get too crazy). I hope that's not too long a wait!

I'll post them here when I complete them, and I'll also link you to a higher resolution version of it that I'll have posted on my dA. You should be able to download it there, if you want to keep it for personal use.

Note: I do ask, that if you ever plan on using these pictures for commercial use, or anything like that, that you contact me before doing so! For one, I'd like to know what for (especially if it's anything creative! c:), and two, just to cover all my bases?? And if you could credit me, that'd be cool too.

I mean, I'm not technically a "professional" artist or anything, but, ya know... creeedddiitt. I SAY IT ONLY BECAUSE I JUST WANNA MAKE SURE, and I want to provide clarity! I know you all are reasonable and respectable human beings.

But yeah!

Thank you all for commissioning me!

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:30 pm
micamouth says...

I'ma save up for some art of the TAP kids.
Wonderful art, by the way!
formerly Sagitta

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 08, 2016 1:55 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@Sagitta Thank you!

Update: Almost done with the first commission, and then I'll be on to the second!

I know it's been slow going. Please accept my apologies.
Last edited by soundofmind on Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

NO U
— Carina