z

Young Writers Society

Character Commissions

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:01 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Hello, sound! You are a splendid artist and these are too good to pass up. So, here we go!

1) I'm ordering two characters.

First of all, Brett Crawford ~
Spoiler! :
2) His face looks like this, but without such prominent facial hair. His head hair, on the other hand, is not curly and looks more like this (no glasses!). He's 5'11," 22 years old, and a white American. His outfit would look something like this, just with nicer colors that you see fit. His favorite hobby is fishing, so a little fish pattern or something on his shirt would be awesome. Instead of a watch, he'd wear this anchor bracelet.

3) Brett's a prankster, so he's likely to have a subtle smirk on his face. He's very kind, but not in the obvious, sweet way. The first time meeting him, his confident, humorous attitude is more likely to come off as arrogant. However, he's not self-absorbed at all; in fact, he feels overshadowed by his tall, amiable, and successful fraternal twin brother. Making jokes and playing pranks is Brett's way of impressing people. His love interest is character number two, so he should be looking at her.

Second, Arena (she doesn't have a last name) ~
Spoiler! :
2) 20 year-old Arena has Egyptian roots, and looks like this, just with her hair down, and no ear piercings or makeup - her beauty is entirely natural. She wears an eyepatch over her right eye. She wears simple, hand-made, Native American-y dress of black deerskin and white beads, along with moccasins of the same materials. In this case, she'll wear a farmer hat slung around her neck and resting on her back, so that the edges can be seen above her shoulders.

3) Arena is an independent woman. Because of her beauty she could probably choose any man she wanted but because of a secret she holds, she knows that she will never be able to marry, and therefore adamantly refuses to be in a relationship. She doesn't quite fit in with the rest of her group but courageously covers any discomfort she feels. She works hard in the fields to earn respect. Next to Brett, she'll act aloof and won't look at him.

Thank you so much, dear sound. Take your time with these, and if you have any questions, ask away! Also, if you could use a handful of dA points I could pay you with that too; I have a few I've collected uselessly lying around and collecting dust. :P
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:12 am
View Likes
Zolen says...

Hm, I always like to see how other people handle my designs.

Either I will pay you to 175 points for a bust or if you wish I can draw one of your characters as a art trade for a full body if you are willing to take a go at drawing my character Ash full body. Your choice.
Spoiler! :

This image was drawn by me. So you have a idea how I do colored and shaded line art.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:29 am
soundofmind says...

@Zolen Ayy! It sounds like you're asking for a bust commission and not a chibi one (which is the only type that is open at the moment)?

Honestly, your character looks like they'd be super fun to interpret into my chibi style, but if a bust is what you really want, I think I can make an exception for you. I only hesitate to make an exception though, because I don't want to make a habit of doing so! Do note, that I'm not entirely sure when I could get the commission done, if you in fact do want a bust, because it'll probably take longer to complete (even more-so for a full body drawing).
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:40 am
Zolen says...

@soundofmind Hm, misread before, sorry.

Hm, my interest is just curiosity in how exactly your style would handle Ash, so 'chibi' as you call it would work. Given how complex the character is I am guessing you would want 100 points. So sure. (edit: or 150 according to your starting post)

The full body thing is if your interested in doing a art trade with me.

I leave the choice of chibi or full body to you.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:50 am
soundofmind says...

@Zolen Aa, thank you for the clarification! I'd be happy to do a chibi drawing of Ash for you, and 100 points is just fine! :)

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:27 pm
reikann says...

Hello! May I reserve a spot?

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:43 am
soundofmind says...

@reikann Of course! I'll await your character info!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:45 am
jumpingsheep says...

Hello! I think I'm going to request a chibi commission, because I loved the last commission you did for me back in the other round of commissions! Is that okay?

UPDATE: Details under the spoiler! Thank you!

Spoiler! :

1. I would like to commission one character.
2. "Emma" is a teenager, about sixteen years old. She is 5'5" with fair skin and a slim build. She has short, black hair that reaches her chin and hazel eyes. Her face is oval shaped. Emma generally wears some sort of oversized slogan tee shirt (her favorite one is white with a black happy face and the caption "Have a nice day!" She likes to wear it ironically.) Emma also wears some sort of loose fitting, polyester athletic pants (even if she's not athletic, she likes to pretend she is) that reach her knees and are black and brown with a few white splotches. Sometimes she's seen wearing a long, also oversized black windbreaker. Emma has a pair of red sunglasses that would be perched on her head at all times. She also wears a flashdrive around her neck on a dog-tag chain. For shoes, she has a pair of black sneakers with white laces.

3. Emma is a hacker, although rather an amateur in the group that she works for. While working, she is quiet and efficient, so not to provoke her bosses. She works with earbuds in to tune out those around her. She doesn't like to ask for help. Emma is shy around those that she doesn't know. However, when she's around close friends, she tends to be much more outgoing and sociable, even snarky. Her favorite expression is "c'mon, you know you love me!"
She is down to earth and sensible, and she doesn't have time for idiots.
She would probably be standing, with a small, shy smirk.

I hope this is detailed enough! Would this be 50 or 100? I'm okay with either!
Last edited by jumpingsheep on Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hello there

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:31 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@jumpingsheep of course! It's first come, first serve!

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:14 pm
wakarimasen says...

May I reserve a spot and get back to you with the description in a bit? :)

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:19 pm
bluewaterlily says...

If there's a spot available, may I reserve one?
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:19 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@AlisontheWriter @bluewaterlily! Yep! You guys got the last two spots! :)

I will start on the commissions this weekend~

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:38 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@AnarchyWolf

anarchywolfchibi.png
anarchywolfchibi.png (18.82 KiB) Viewed 275 times

Link to dA pic

@EternalRain

eternalrainchibi.jpg
eternalrainchibi.jpg (23.03 KiB) Viewed 275 times

Link to dA pic

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:24 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

wolfical.jpg
wolfical.jpg (43.15 KiB) Viewed 269 times

@Wolfical

Link

I hope you all like your commissions! If you want anything changed, just let me know~

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:46 pm
View Likes
AnarchyWolf says...

Oh, my gosh. @soundofmind it's perfect! Thank you so much :)
Don't resist the water. Welcome it.

Daddy Long Legs are more closely related to crabs than spiders and somehow the idea of crablike creatures with spider legs that have escaped the entrappings of the primordial sea and now crawl over land and can walk up and down walls and ceilings creeps me more than I can adequately describe.
— Snoink